Delta Dental Plan of Michigan

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.6

Sales and Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Delta Dental Plan of Michigan (Okemos, MI).

Interview

Gave an HR rep my resume at a career fair, was called within a week and interviewed on the phone, a week later I interviewed with the sales manager, then the following week an interview with the sales director and sales manager. Then 3 days later I was hired. The interview isn't administered by HR so you don't have any of those stupid behavioral questions which I really like.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No pay negotiation but you can plan your own schedule and come in whenever you want.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Delta Dental Plan of Michigan (Okemos, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

Step 1 was a prescreen with the HR rep. Step 2 was a 30 min intv with the CIO and the deputy CIO. Step 3 was an onsite meeting with the CIO, deputy CIO, and 2 IT leaders. Unfortunately, the CIO was pulled away for a personal reason and was not able to attend the 3rd interview. Since this position would report directly to the CIO, it was important to me and the CIO to meet in person before either one of us made a decision. The 3rd interview went very well and it was clear that it was a very good fit. However, it was important to me that I meet with the CIO in person to confirm the fit. After the 3rd interview I reached out to the HR rep to schedule a personal meeting with the CIO. She mentioned to me that she would get back to me with the next steps. After several emails and phone calls to the HR rep, I finally got a phone call 2 months later that they had decided to fill the position from within. While the 2 month delay in getting a decision wasn't frustrating enough, the decision by the CIO to make a hiring decision without meeting one of the final candidates in person appears to be a flawed process.

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Delta Dental Plan of Michigan.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty straight forward and basic like many other interviews I had before in the past with bigger companies. dental dental is a big company but they treat their employees very weel and most people come in with dental experience already so it makes the training aspect much easier.

Open Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Delta Dental Plan of Michigan.

Interview

very brief phone call to report to work once a resume was submitted. Was not placed into a position where my skills were utilized. Had to work from bottom. Referral from an inside staff was not available.

Negotiation

not an option. I needed employment and accepted any job that was offered. Even though I had a college degree was placed in a low paying customer service position. Resume was not considered. I filled a position with a body.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Delta Dental Plan of Michigan.

Interview

everything was great enjoy there interview process. the interview was a breeze just hope they call me back. they have good benefit working with you personal life. lets pray they will hire me you have to wait into they interview other people

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Delta Dental Plan of Michigan.

Interview

Applied online with employee referral, received phone call to set up skills test for the next day. After skills test, received another phone call to set up interview. After one on one interview, received call to accept position two days later. Very easy skills test ( typing and general customer service questions)

Supervisor, Contact Center Interview

Interview

I did 5 interviews before being hired. I had no problems with the process. It took almost 6 months before I was hired.

Claims Processor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Delta Dental Plan of Michigan.

Interview

The hiring process was easy. I was a temp through a temporary staffing company, I was called down to HR asked a few questions and the offer letter was already prepared.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, its union.

Sales and Account Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Delta Dental Plan of Michigan (Okemos, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

There was an inital phone interview, followed by a formal interview with management, with a final third interview done by the Vice President of Sales. The phone interview and third interview were more, "get to know you" interviews, very easy and laid back. The second interview was average and more extensive.

Senior Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Delta Dental Plan of Michigan (Okemos, MI) in February 2013.

Interview

Interviewed on-site. Immediately escorted to an office in HR to take a paper test with around 40 questions, some multiple choice and troubleshooting, others essay style. After the test was a panel interview including all members of the team and the Information Security manager. A couple days later I heard that I did not get the position based on how I did on the test.

Interview Questions

• Many technical questions around everything from port numbers to sub-netting. I was surprised to see so many system administrative questions on a test for a security position. an example of one specific question was the port that LDAP runs on be default.   1 Answer