Delta Dental Plan of Michigan

Delta Dental Plan of Michigan Interview Questions in Okemos, MI

Updated Mar 26, 2015

Sales and Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Delta Dental Plan of Michigan (Okemos, MI).

Interview

Gave an HR rep my resume at a career fair, was called within a week and interviewed on the phone, a week later I interviewed with the sales manager, then the following week an interview with the sales director and sales manager. Then 3 days later I was hired. The interview isn't administered by HR so you don't have any of those stupid behavioral questions which I really like.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No pay negotiation but you can plan your own schedule and come in whenever you want.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Delta Dental Plan of Michigan (Okemos, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

Step 1 was a prescreen with the HR rep. Step 2 was a 30 min intv with the CIO and the deputy CIO. Step 3 was an onsite meeting with the CIO, deputy CIO, and 2 IT leaders. Unfortunately, the CIO was pulled away for a personal reason and was not able to attend the 3rd interview. Since this position would report directly to the CIO, it was important to me and the CIO to meet in person before either one of us made a decision. The 3rd interview went very well and it was clear that it was a very good fit. However, it was important to me that I meet with the CIO in person to confirm the fit. After the 3rd interview I reached out to the HR rep to schedule a personal meeting with the CIO. She mentioned to me that she would get back to me with the next steps. After several emails and phone calls to the HR rep, I finally got a phone call 2 months later that they had decided to fill the position from within. While the 2 month delay in getting a decision wasn't frustrating enough, the decision by the CIO to make a hiring decision without meeting one of the final candidates in person appears to be a flawed process.

Sales and Account Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Delta Dental Plan of Michigan (Okemos, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

There was an inital phone interview, followed by a formal interview with management, with a final third interview done by the Vice President of Sales. The phone interview and third interview were more, "get to know you" interviews, very easy and laid back. The second interview was average and more extensive.

Senior Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Delta Dental Plan of Michigan (Okemos, MI) in February 2013.

Interview

Interviewed on-site. Immediately escorted to an office in HR to take a paper test with around 40 questions, some multiple choice and troubleshooting, others essay style. After the test was a panel interview including all members of the team and the Information Security manager. A couple days later I heard that I did not get the position based on how I did on the test.

Interview Questions

• Many technical questions around everything from port numbers to sub-netting. I was surprised to see so many system administrative questions on a test for a security position. an example of one specific question was the port that LDAP runs on be default.   1 Answer

Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Delta Dental Plan of Michigan (Okemos, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

Contacted by email and invited to come in for an interview. Met with two managers on location in the hr area.

Interview Questions

• Best traversal of a linked list without multithreading?   Answer Question

Negotiation

tried negotiating but there is a strict pay scale that is kept to.