Delta Foremost Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Delta Foremost

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Delta Foremost.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter a week before her arrival to set up appointment for interview. Recruiter stayed at nicer hotel that actually had a conference table in her hotel room where we conducted the interview. Most thorough interview process that I've ever attended. First day there were several other candidates there before and after I finished my interview. I was called back for a second interview. This interview was a bit more in depth. The recruiter was very professional. She went above and beyond to give me a clear idea of what the job expectation would be. It was a straight commission position, which I was used too. They also offered to cover 1/2 the cost of promo items to give to customers. Coming from a straight commission job before this was a huge plus for me, as most straight commission jobs require the reps to foot the bill alone for these items. I was called back for a 3rd interview. This day I took a test. More of just a common sense test. 4th day I was offered the position. I was able to speak with several other reps and even one of the owners to make sure I had all my questions answered.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, but was able to go home talk it over with my family and call the recruiter the next day with my decision.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Foremost.

Interview

Interview in a hotel room (weird), one on one, describing all sales experiences and successes in sales and comfort level with demos with mangers in various industries, you will first be on a phone interview then typically two interviews (second usually means there will be an offer)

Negotiation

What negotiation?

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Foremost in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with a manager from another territory, because the local manager position was open. I believe there's a lot of turn over with this company. Originally the meeting was scheduled for a conference room, but was changed to a hotel room without any notice. I felt more comfortable when he left the room door open. He offered an explanation of the position requirements and seemed like a nice fellow and was easy to speak with. They require reps to offer promotional items and free gifts to prospects and pay for 1/2. They do not reimburse expenses, but will reduce your W2 income at the end of the year by your total expenses. I've never heard of a process like that and would expect them to cover 100% of the cost of their promotional items to be covered by them. They also indicated they can't offer discounts of their products to be competitive, but the rep can offer free products (that the rep pays for) to win the sale. They invited me to a second interview, but I declined.

Reasons listed above.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Delta Foremost in June 2014.

Interview

Very detailed but pertinent information about salary left out of initial interview process. I was told about the company, what products they sold, how they train their employees to be successful, perks of sales including company sponsored trips, what the territory is, and asked questions about my background in outside sales and how I would handle certain situations with clients.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle rejection?   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Delta Foremost (Memphis, TN).

Interview

I was interviewed 3 times and then offered the position. The man interviewing me was great and very professional for my first two interviews and then I went to speak with one of the owners who was just awesome and very professional. He took me through the worst case scenerios and I felt very comfortable with the position even knowing it could be a huge challenge. My first week I was trained very well and thoroughly. Great experience!!

Interview Questions

• Are you personally driven?   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Delta Foremost (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2014.

Interview

Very informative and cordial. It was one on one with the hiring manager and he was very good at creating a comfortable attitude when discussing the role and why he was hiring for it.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Foremost (Raleigh, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

It was a very pleasant experience for the first interview. We talked about the territory and what is expected of each sales rep. We didn't discuss salary or benefits because I was told it's for the second interview.I liked how they work with reps to not move or even help them if they have to move.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Delta Foremost (Memphis, TN) in December 2010.

Interview

three to four day process by recruiter at a hotel. Many hours. the recruited sell you on the job, makes offer where you must accept on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No. It is 100% Comm. You pay your own gas, supplies, phone etc.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Delta Foremost in December 2011.

Interview

this was one of the best interviews ever been on; very informative; relaxed. Co. is very transparent; no surprises, an open book. Hiring person goes into great detail about job requirement. They even allow you to speak w/ a couple of their sales reps whom are open as well. Very professional and up front. Nobody tries to sell you; they simply educate you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

suggest allowing the interview process to run its course; all question get answers in due process. Many of the things mentioned in a previous review simply are not true. While they do ask for a decision by weeks end, if you receive an offer, you have plenty of info to make your decision w/o pressure.