Delta Hotels

Relevance Date Difficulty

Steward Interview

Steward
Delta, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Delta Hotels in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by e-mail after I submitted my resume. Had an interview with the department head and after another interview with the HR. Only 2 interviews and I was offered the job.

Interview Question – Why choose this job and company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since the offer was in the range I was expecting I accepted it. But if the offer was too low I would have negotiated to get a better offer.

Banquet Server Interview

Banquet Server
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Delta Hotels in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process is standard. A mix of behavioral and standard questions. Nothing thrilling. Must have a fair amount of food knowledge to succeed in the interview. Management is nice, and willing to help.

Interview Question – Wine Varietals   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Bartender Interview

Bartender

Interviewed at Delta Hotels

Interview Details – Submit a resume, go through one interview with a bunch of other people on the same day, get hired.

Interview Question – How to react to a negative situation.   Answer Question

Concierge Interview

Concierge
Moncton, NB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Delta Hotels in February 2009.

Interview Details – Went into an interview for the Business Concierge position that was posted, and the human resources interviewer kept refering to a job in housekeeping due to my previous experience. If I wanted to work in housekeeping, I would have applied for that! Make sure that you stand your ground and continue to refer to the position you originally applied for.

Interview Question – What do you feel is your biggest flaw?   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Trainer
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Delta Hotels in May 2010.

Interview Details – -first, one-one interview with the HR director
-second, one-one interview with the general manager of the hotel
-third, phone interview with a human resources regional manager
-personality test
-very welcoming and warm approach

Interview Question – how would you react if an employee is disturbing the group while you are giving your training   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Guest Service Agent

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Delta Hotels in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was simple.

Interview Question – how do you deal with guest complain   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much to negotiate.

Server Interview

Server

The process took a day - interviewed at Delta Hotels in January 2009.

Interview Details – i had been on a job hunt for months before i came across a website hcareers.ca to find out Delta markham was hiring for a server position. i applied online and called to follow-up, and i was granted an interview the following next week. I arrived 10 mins early and met with the manager, he was very nice and offered me a drink. He asked me several basic interview questions such as tell me about yourself, what do you think is the most important aspect from servers in a restaurant, and tell me about you weakness etc...i handled it quite well, kept repeating about the importance of teamwork and communication. He seemed to really buy into it. The interview lasted 20 mins and i received a call 3 days later about the job offer.

Interview Question – what do you think is the most important aspect from servers in a restaurant   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Delta Hotels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Delta Hotels interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Delta Hotels employees and interview candidates.