Delta Partners Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.9

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Delta Partners.

Interview

I had 4 interviews - all of them were via LYNC. The first 2 interviews were by managers and the latter 2 were by partners. I found all interviews intellectually challenging. Furthermore, you have to be prepared to answer why TMD and to share what you have done previously to become an ideal candidate in the industry. The cases are not necessarily limited to the industry.

Interview Questions

• - Estimate the number of toilet papers in an airport - Estimate the media piracy size in Peru   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Delta Partners (Barcelona (Spain)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website and after 1 month received and invitation to their 1st round. I didn't go further. We had some problems with the program they use for carrying out their interviews and then decided to do it through Skype. The interviewer was very friendly and the experience was fairly positive. Their response telling me I didn't go further was quick.

Interview Questions

• 1. Brainteaser: How many times the two hands of the clock cross themselves in 24 hours? 2. Business Case: How would you price a pretty new substitute to airplanes?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Delta Partners (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in November 2014.

Interview

The application was online and I had to submit my Cv and Cover Letter. The first interview was structured with some initial questions on my profile, then 2 case questions (one brainteaser and one pricing case) and finally some Q&A to know more about that position in the Dubai office.

Interview Questions

• They really displaced me cause I didn't expect they would ask me a brainteaser. The brainteaser was: how many times do the two hands of the watch go one on the top of the other in a day.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Delta Partners (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)).

Interview

2 rounds of interviews over one month: 1st round of two interviews with senior associates- tell me about yourself, why dp, why TMD, resume questions, achievements, leadership qualities, market sizing and questions about the firm. 2nd round of two interviews with partners- tell me about yourself, why dp, past projects and clients, market sizing, questions about firm.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Delta Partners.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. I was interviewed through video conferencing with a Senior Associate based in Dubai. 15 min - Questions to know me better, e.g. Why consulting, leadership experience, greatest achievement 30 min - 1 market sizing question related to TMT, after which I was asked to analyse whether the new technology is a threat or an opportunity for the current players in the industry

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Delta Partners (Cape Town (South Africa)) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview experience was above average, learnt some interesting approaches to problems.There was a lot of rescheduling for the 2nd round interviews and hence was a bit stressful. Make sure you have strong motivation for Delta Partners and consulting in general. Also know how to work with numbers and take your time although it is a bit difficult when someone is waiting. Nonetheless better to take slightly longer and be right then swift and wrong.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the size of the E commerce market in Africa   1 Answer

Senior Associate - Johannesburg, SA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Delta Partners (Johannesburg (South Africa)).

Interview

I got an email from HR a few days after I applied and they were very responsive and expeditious in setting up the 4 interviews. Had some difficulty finding convenient times given that I'm based in the US, applying for a position in South Africa. The 2nd round interviews with the Johannesburg partners were not very well structured; actually my fourth interview was rather unprofessional for the standards I'd held Delta Partners to. The partner rescheduled my interview an hour before it was supposed to happen, and called me whilst driving home. The phone cut off a minimum of 6 times and he kept having to call me back. Now you can imagine - no good came out of that conversation.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. The typical motivation and case questions.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Delta Partners (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in April 2014.

Interview

Invited for 1st round interview on call, it did not go further. The interviewer was not prepared (he did not know that my consulting background is limited to 2 yrs before the interview )and made some disrespectful conclusions about my experience after that. He was not listening my statements and was like in a hurry to end the interview. Initially agreed for 60 mins with HR, he said it will be limited with 30 mins at the beginning of the interview. I sat 4 years on the other side of the table, overall I can say that it was not a fair or professional interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the usual path. Background review Business Case question (assumptions, structuring) no math included. If a GSM operator would like to make a decision about investing into a new market, what are the major criteria?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Delta Partners (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)).

Interview

Applied through the online process. Had a first round interview through Skype. It included a couple of fit questions (Why Delta, why Dubai, Leadership situation, etc.) and then an estimation case.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing unexpected. All the fit questions were typical ones and the estimation case was also straightforward.   Answer Question

Intern - Consulting Interview

Interview

After getting your CV, Delta partners calls you and schedules a phone interview. The interview consists of some questions about your prior achievements and extracurricular activities and finally gets to the case (more like cases). It starts with a case full of numbers; try to be as specific as possible (i.e. 14523 and not 14500). After the first case, they bombard you with small market sizing question again with a lot of math involved. They don't even give you the chance for a second interview; they take their decision after the first and only interview.