Deltak

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Maitland, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deltak in March 2012.

Interview Details – Long process from initial interview to job offer. Multiple phone interviews with different levels of management in the company. After about 5 phone interviews a "in person" interview was requested. At that time there is also a "ride along" with a current employee followed by a final phone interview.

Interview Question – Most questions were very straight forward. Interviewers like to converse to get to know the candidate. Don't be fooled by the casual nature. You are still being interviewed. Remain professional and honest. If you are meant to be there and will be a good fit for what the company wants, you will be offered a position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. I was offered what was previously discussed.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deltak.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews, phone interview with human resources, then in person interview then another phone interview

Senior Program Manager Interview

Senior Program Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Deltak.

Interview Details – Very thorough and detailed interview process that in the end took 9 meetings (most on phone) and nearly 7 weeks to reach an offer. They will do a credit and full background check, but no drug screening. Expect to meet and interview with your report to all the way up to senior management. This will only happen after an opportunity to shadow and see the culture and environment that are above average.

Interview Question – The process for a recruiting position was standard for sales interviews. No curve balls, just listen for sales cues, objections and always close the interview for concerns.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate and remind myself of it on a near daily basis. I was made an offer based on my previous salary and feel like, looking back, that I had an opportunity to at least counter once. Someone with no experience should not try this, but for those coming from sales backgrounds where some of your pay was commission, you have room to go back and forth. However, I was hired in 2009 at the peak of unemployment and that take may not be as relevant in 2014.

Very Difficult Interview

Oak Brook, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deltak in April 2012.

Interview Details – It is very difficult to get a position with Deltak. A recruiter will begin the process with a phone interview, you will eventually have up to 7 interviews; in person and on the phone with a variety of people.

Interview Question – There are all the typical situational interview questions. Most important: Have questions of your own that do not revolve around salary & benefits. Ask about the process, the company, the market.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. The starting salary for Associate Program Manager or Program Manager are set.

Director of Sales Interview

Director of Sales
Oak Brook, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deltak.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a third party recruiter for a position available with Deltak. We had a straightforward hour-long phone interview and she recommended me to move forward through the interview process.

My second interview with an hour-long phone interview with an internal recruiter. He also recommended that I move through the process. He scheduled a meeting for me with the hiring manager. The meeting lasted about an hour. I spent about 30 minutes reviewing my background and qualifications and the remaining 30 minutes discussing the company and position available.

At the end of our meeting, the hiring manager said he was impressed with my qualifications and would like to have me back to continue the conversation. At my second meeting he said he would like to discuss my approach to three specific business objectives. Following that he toured me around the office and shared more about the company and their structure.

I left the meeting, sent a standard thank you note and waited to hear from the recruiter to schedule my fourth interview. During that time I spent a considerable amount of time putting together a business plan that met the objectives the hiring manager outlined for me.

Two and a half weeks later I got a form email from the recruiter that I was not moving any further through the interview process. While I certainly understand not every candidate is the right fit for a position, what I did not appreciate about this was that the hiring manager said he was brining me back. I invested a lot of time putting together the business plan he requested, only to be told they weren’t interested.

Also worth mentioning, there were some inconsistencies in what the recruiters shared about the job/company and what the hiring manager shared. 500-700 employees vs. 300. Being one of multiple sales directors, vs. being the only one. Having a regional team of 8-10 direct reports, vs. there only being that many people in the entire department.

Interview Question – All of the questions were very straight forward.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deltak in January 2013.

Interview Details – I had a telephone interview with the recruiter, a telephone interview with the hiring manager, then was asked in for an on-site interview. Overall it was an excellent experience. It seems like a very friendly work environment with intelligent people. They asked me for examples of my work before being invited for an on-site interview, but other than that it was pretty straight-forward.

Interview Question – The questions really weren't out of the ordinary. They asked me to describe previous positions I've held, hypothetical questions on how I would manage my time, and how I would design my research around a particular problem, among others.   Answer Question

Program Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deltak in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview. The initial interview consisted of basic screening questions. Then I moved on to another phone interview in which one of the "assignments" was to leave a vm acting as if I was calling a prospective student. After that I was scheduled an in person and asked to fill out a formal application as well as an online personality assessment.
After the in person there was yet another phone interview and in person. I was told They had two great candidates but only one position in that particular group. Since I was such a great candidate they said that they didn't want to let me go and had me interview with another group.

Throughout the process I was told where I stood and given specific timelines on when I would hear back. Unfortunately, The final phone interview was rushed and the interviewer cut me off before our scheduled end time saying she had another meeting so I was given no timeline or feedback.

After a three month process and false expectations being set that they wanted to hire me I never even received an email telling me the final outcome. A disappointing experience and not a professional way to end things.

Interview Question – "What are the top three traits you think a successful sales person should possess?" "If your goal is X applications how many do you think you could obtain?" "Leave a vm to get prospective student to call you back. ". Most questions were centered around why I wanted the position and future career goals.   View Answer

Enrollment Coordinator Interview

Enrollment Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Deltak.

Interview Details – This interview process is lengthy, with both phone and in person interviews. The in person interview(s) was a serries of one on one interviews within the same day...about three hours total. Many questions from one interview to another were similar. Nonetheless, it provided an excellent opportunity to really get to know different personalities in the company from my end as well.

Interview Question – The questions were fairly straightforward. I think the most difficult part was the sheer number of people with which I interviewed and remembering/resetting for the interview with each of those people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They request a verbal committment before sending an offer letter.

Oak Brook, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deltak in June 2012.

Interview Details – It takes a while to go from the first step to receiving an offer. My process went like this: I applied on line, next I received a phone call from a recruiter's assistant who set up an appointment for me to speak with a recruiter. After that 1 hour interview, she recommended me for the next step which was a 'group interview' speed dating style where myself and 8 other potential hires were interviewed by 9 different managers from Deltak. The Deltak managers got together and decided who wanted to pursue which candidate. Next I was offered a second in person interview but I didn't know who I would be speaking with. I did that and also spent time with one of the university admissions teams. Next I had a one hour phone interview with the Director of Admissions for the entire Chicago office. After this I was informed by the recruiter that Deltak wanted to move forward so I had to go through a very thorough background check at which point I was finally made an offer.

Interview Question – They were all predictable. The Director of Admissions had concerns about the fact that I had changed jobs quite a bit in the past five years, but I explained that was due to one company going out of business and the last job being a term of project job. In this economy, a lot of people have had untraditional job histories.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I should have negotiated for more money. I think I came in too low and didn't try for more at the time because it was already a $5,000 raise from what I had been making and the position is salaried non exempt which means we get paid over time and that adds up.

Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Deltak in March 2012.

Interview Details – 7 total interviews all with different people who ask the same questions. They make it seem like the best job ever but they never mention their high turnover rate and lack of leadership development.

Interview Question – How do you feel about education.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I got exactly what I asked for

Worked for Deltak? Contribute to the Community!