Deltak Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015

3.3

Enrollment Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deltak.

Interview

The process took several weeks to complete. The process started with a recruiter and moved into a series of phone and face-to-face interviews. There were 6 or 7 interviews in total. The interviewers ranged from middle to upper management. Everyone was really friendly throughout the process.

Enrollment Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deltak in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for this position through a staffing agency that initially interviewed me. Once they decided I was a good fit for the position they referred me to a corporate recruiter. I spoke to her on the phone for about a half an hour the following week. She then referred that I have a second phone interview with someone in the office. That interview was the next week, and also a half hour. Following that interview, I was scheduled for 4 in person interviews the following week at the Oak Brook office. These interviews were each a half an hour long and were with various members of the team. A week after those interviews I was informed they wanted to consider me for the position, and would be performing a criminal back ground check and reference check. Several days later, I was contacted by the staffing agency with a job offer. I began working about a week after. A positive, but long lasting process all around.

Interview Questions

• All of my conversations were what you would expect from an interview. Everyone was willing to answer questions and asked me typical interview questions. The difficult aspect of this process was the sheer number of interviews I went through - 6 in total.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deltak (Oak Brook, IL).

Interview

I was contact my a recruiter from their company to set up a phone interview. I interviewed with the recruiter several days later. She asked pretty standard questions, nothing too hard. She then recommended me for another phone interview with a partnership director. That interview went well. He asked very basic questions and explained the job duties in further detail. I was contacted a week later by the recruiter asking if I would come in for an in person interview. I met the operations manager and partnership director. Both interviews it felt went well and they showed me around the office and introduced me to several other enrollment coordinators. I still haven't heard back from them and I interviewed with them nearly two weeks ago.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deltak in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by internal Deltak/Wiley recruiter via Linkedin who encouraged me to submit my resume. I was screened 2 times by phone 30 minutes each by the recruiter including full review of resume and qualifications and salary requirements. Made it to step 2: interview with hiring manager which I agreed to it despite the negative reviews I read about Deltak management I read here on Glassdoor. Interview started on time 2 weeks later (flag), however, he opened by stating without apology that he didn't have my resume in front of him (flag) and then proceeded to conduct an interview that was peppered with condescending remarks and antagonistic questioning- a complete waste of my time and I too now have a negative impression of the leadership of this company. It was clear by his behavior that the recruiter had not communicated with him in any substantive way about me as a potential candidate before scheduling the interview. No wonder the position has been open since July 2014.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deltak.

Interview

Sales orientated and focus on advising students into online education. Several interviews around 4 phone interviews and 2-3 in person interviews. Focus on consultative sales and students needs.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deltak.

Interview

3 Interviews, phone interview with human resources, then in person interview then another phone interview

Senior Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Deltak.

Interview

Very thorough and detailed interview process that in the end took 9 meetings (most on phone) and nearly 7 weeks to reach an offer. They will do a credit and full background check, but no drug screening. Expect to meet and interview with your report to all the way up to senior management. This will only happen after an opportunity to shadow and see the culture and environment that are above average.

Interview Questions

• The process for a recruiting position was standard for sales interviews. No curve balls, just listen for sales cues, objections and always close the interview for concerns.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate and remind myself of it on a near daily basis. I was made an offer based on my previous salary and feel like, looking back, that I had an opportunity to at least counter once. Someone with no experience should not try this, but for those coming from sales backgrounds where some of your pay was commission, you have room to go back and forth. However, I was hired in 2009 at the peak of unemployment and that take may not be as relevant in 2014.

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deltak (Oak Brook, IL).

Interview

I was contacted by a third party recruiter for a position available with Deltak. We had a straightforward hour-long phone interview and she recommended me to move forward through the interview process. My second interview with an hour-long phone interview with an internal recruiter. He also recommended that I move through the process. He scheduled a meeting for me with the hiring manager. The meeting lasted about an hour. I spent about 30 minutes reviewing my background and qualifications and the remaining 30 minutes discussing the company and position available. At the end of our meeting, the hiring manager said he was impressed with my qualifications and would like to have me back to continue the conversation. At my second meeting he said he would like to discuss my approach to three specific business objectives. Following that he toured me around the office and shared more about the company and their structure. I left the meeting, sent a standard thank you note and waited to hear from the recruiter to schedule my fourth interview. During that time I spent a considerable amount of time putting together a business plan that met the objectives the hiring manager outlined for me. Two and a half weeks later I got a form email from the recruiter that I was not moving any further through the interview process. While I certainly understand not every candidate is the right fit for a position, what I did not appreciate about this was that the hiring manager said he was brining me back. I invested a lot of time putting together the business plan he requested, only to be told they weren’t interested. Also worth mentioning, there were some inconsistencies in what the recruiters shared about the job/company and what the hiring manager shared. 500-700 employees vs. 300. Being one of multiple sales directors, vs. being the only one. Having a regional team of 8-10 direct reports, vs. there only being that many people in the entire department.

Enrollment Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Deltak.

Interview

This interview process is lengthy, with both phone and in person interviews. The in person interview(s) was a serries of one on one interviews within the same day...about three hours total. Many questions from one interview to another were similar. Nonetheless, it provided an excellent opportunity to really get to know different personalities in the company from my end as well.

Interview Questions

• The questions were fairly straightforward. I think the most difficult part was the sheer number of people with which I interviewed and remembering/resetting for the interview with each of those people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They request a verbal committment before sending an offer letter.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deltak in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview. The initial interview consisted of basic screening questions. Then I moved on to another phone interview in which one of the "assignments" was to leave a vm acting as if I was calling a prospective student. After that I was scheduled an in person and asked to fill out a formal application as well as an online personality assessment. After the in person there was yet another phone interview and in person. I was told They had two great candidates but only one position in that particular group. Since I was such a great candidate they said that they didn't want to let me go and had me interview with another group. Throughout the process I was told where I stood and given specific timelines on when I would hear back. Unfortunately, The final phone interview was rushed and the interviewer cut me off before our scheduled end time saying she had another meeting so I was given no timeline or feedback. After a three month process and false expectations being set that they wanted to hire me I never even received an email telling me the final outcome. A disappointing experience and not a professional way to end things.

Interview Questions

• "What are the top three traits you think a successful sales person should possess?" "If your goal is X applications how many do you think you could obtain?" "Leave a vm to get prospective student to call you back. ". Most questions were centered around why I wanted the position and future career goals.   1 Answer