Deltek

Relevance Date Difficulty

Match Analyst Interview

Match Analyst
Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deltek.

Interview Details – There was one interview that asked basic questions. My manager was mainly concerned with reliability and work efficiency. A few days after I received a call back letting me know I got the job and we negotiated a start date.

Interview Question – Since the job was part-time and entry-level, most of the questions revolved around reliability, efficiency and availability. There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Senior Finance Specialist Interview

Senior Finance Specialist
Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deltek.

Interview Details – Saw job posting online and contacted recruiter. Initial screening with recruiter. Phone call for 1 hour with hiring manager a few days later. On-site interview the following week. 5 separate one-on-one interviews lasting 45 min each. Met with peers and managers. Received offer a few days later.

Interview Question – What are some possible solutions for addressing our issue of.... ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to slightly increase base salary

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deltek in February 2009.

Interview Details – the process was easy

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Deltek in March 2011.

Interview Details – Quick screening interview with recruiter and interview a few days later. HR got back to me within a few days.

Interview Question – Can't remember!   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Reston, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deltek.

Interview Details – A phone screen was followed by in-person interviews with the CIO and several VPs.

Interview Question – It wasn't unexpected, but they asked me to walk through the steps I would take in managing the product in a lot of detail.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They couldn't address my concerns about the career path.

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Marketing Communications Specialist

Interviewed at Deltek

Interview Details – Met with 3 people; the interview process was pretty standard and nothing was too surprising. There were no "got ya" questions. Bring sample of fast work - that makes everything easier. Met with the hiring manager first, and then people from the team I would be supporting, and then had a higher-up (2 levels above me) interview.

Interview Question – Nothing really - just normal strengths, weaknesses, etc. No tests - personality, IQ, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They provided a decent increase above where I was before. Pretty straight forward - they offered a 15% increase above my previous salary.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deltek.

Interview Details – Fill out online application, phone interview with one of their recruiters, personal interview at their office. If interested, the recruiter will call you to set up the personal interview, If you pass that you need to fill out and sign a confidentiality agreement and information for a background check.

Negotiation Details – Very positive, they offered more than expected.

HCM Senior Consultant Interview

HCM Senior Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Deltek in April 2013.

Interview Details – After sending a resume to them I received a request to talk to their recruiter. The recruiter does the initial screening and then passes you along to the department manager if you pass his criteria. The department manager will interview you for about 30 minutes. If you pass those questions you start talking to a few people in the department to get a feel for the job itself.

Interview Question – The future peers generally ask the usual questions about the best and worst of past clients and how would you have changed the situation if you had to do it all over again.   Answer Question

Senior Director Marketing Interview

Senior Director Marketing
Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Deltek in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very unstructured. Expect many levels of interview with a focus on past results that indicate your ability to provide value to the company. This will likely be a long and drawn out process. Note that this is based on my experience as a hiring manager for the last few years.

Interview Question – What was your last complete failure?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Deltek in February 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview - went almost 70 minutes with quite a few questions on management style. I felt the interviewer was looking for someone who would manhandle people - make their lives miserable (not my style) vs provide leadership to a group/company that CLEARLY needs leadership.

I felt the interview went well - however, the sense that they were looking for more of a "monkey" rather than a leader settled in my mind, and I was ultimately right as I never heard back - the interviewer seemed to always be tripping over herself at best - perhaps even reading her questions - odd.

Interview Question – There were none - just basic questions that seemed borderline sophomoric..   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Deltek? Contribute to the Community!

Deltek Videos

Deltek – Why Work for Us?

Why Our Customers Choose Deltek...And Why You Should Too For over 30 years, Deltek has uniquely delivered leading enterprise software and information solutions for project-based businesses. Our unparalleled solutions… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deltek interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deltek employees and interview candidates.