Deltek

Deltek Interview Questions

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

Security Position Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Deltek in November 2014.

the interview was by telephone. It was a recruiter wanting to follow up with me about the job position I applied for 2 months ago. I was told that I didn't meet all the requirements for the position but they would keep my resume on file, and call me if there was a position open for me.

Associate Research Analyst Interview

The process took about two weeks. I applied online and it consisted of an initial phone interview with an in-house HR representative and then an in person interview with three members of the research team. The actual interview was straight-forward with pretty typical questions. I felt that it was a little impersonal, though. They seemed like they had already filled the position or didn't like what I had to offer.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you faced difficulty in a research environment.   Answer Question

Match Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deltek.

There was one interview that asked basic questions. My manager was mainly concerned with reliability and work efficiency. A few days after I received a call back letting me know I got the job and we negotiated a start date.

Interview Questions
    • Since the job was part-time and entry-level, most of the questions revolved around reliability, efficiency and availability. There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Senior Finance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deltek.

Saw job posting online and contacted recruiter. Initial screening with recruiter. Phone call for 1 hour with hiring manager a few days later. On-site interview the following week. 5 separate one-on-one interviews lasting 45 min each. Met with peers and managers. Received offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • What are some possible solutions for addressing our issue of.... ?   Answer Question
    Was able to slightly increase base salary

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deltek.

A phone screen was followed by in-person interviews with the CIO and several VPs.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't unexpected, but they asked me to walk through the steps I would take in managing the product in a lot of detail.   View Answer

They couldn't address my concerns about the career path.

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Met with 3 people; the interview process was pretty standard and nothing was too surprising. There were no "got ya" questions. Bring sample of fast work - that makes everything easier. Met with the hiring manager first, and then people from the team I would be supporting, and then had a higher-up (2 levels above me) interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really - just normal strengths, weaknesses, etc. No tests - personality, IQ, etc.   Answer Question
    They provided a decent increase above where I was before. Pretty straight forward - they offered a 15% increase above my previous salary.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deltek.

Fill out online application, phone interview with one of their recruiters, personal interview at their office. If interested, the recruiter will call you to set up the personal interview, If you pass that you need to fill out and sign a confidentiality agreement and information for a background check.

Very positive, they offered more than expected.

HCM Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Deltek in April 2013.

After sending a resume to them I received a request to talk to their recruiter. The recruiter does the initial screening and then passes you along to the department manager if you pass his criteria. The department manager will interview you for about 30 minutes. If you pass those questions you start talking to a few people in the department to get a feel for the job itself.

Interview Questions
    • The future peers generally ask the usual questions about the best and worst of past clients and how would you have changed the situation if you had to do it all over again.   Answer Question

Finance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Deltek.

Office interview

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deltek in February 2013.

Initial phone interview - went almost 70 minutes with quite a few questions on management style. I felt the interviewer was looking for someone who would manhandle people - make their lives miserable (not my style) vs provide leadership to a group/company that CLEARLY needs leadership.

I felt the interview went well - however, the sense that they were looking for more of a "monkey" rather than a leader settled in my mind, and I was ultimately right as I never heard back - the interviewer seemed to always be tripping over herself at best - perhaps even reading her questions - odd.

Interview Questions
    • There were none - just basic questions that seemed borderline sophomoric..   Answer Question