1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Executive Director Marketing Interview

RIDICULOUS process to complete 5+ hours of online "psychological testing" and then more in-person "tests" and role plays with a firm they've hired to help them with hiring. Doesn't work at all. The outside firm doesn't consider how the existing execs will get along with/compliment/work together.

The interview process with the Deluxe people is nice and easy. If they bring you into Minneapolis, they want to convince you to work for them.

Interview Questions
  • The extensive time spent with the third-party firm on the "psychological assessment" with totally irrelevant questions.   Answer Question
They offered me a salary, bonus and 4 weeks vacation. They had me sign a ridiculous non-compete that I refused to (it would have prevented me from working in any marketing-related job). They required drug testing. I should have asked for 5 weeks vacation and more money. Once I was hired I saw that they were quite flexible if they wanted to hire the person. But then again, I got laid off six months later and so did a lot of the sales/marketing people they hired.

Worked for Deluxe Corporation? Contribute to the Community!