Deluxe Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2014
Updated Sep 29, 2014

2.7

Executive Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation in December 2011.

Phone screen with talent acquisition; then phone interview with hiring manager; then in person interview with several people at the site; then 10 hours of assessment testing with an outside psychology firm that included online tests + in-person interviews + email in-box test. The assessment testing was excessive, time-consuming and many of the questions/tests seemed totally irrelevant to the job I was applying for.

The interview process was very pleasant with the people who work at the company. You'll meet with the hiring manager; their boss; your peers; people who would work for you; HR. The people are REALLY nice and smart. They do a fair amount of selling you on why you want to work for Deluxe.

Interview Questions
    • None from the people who worked there. The third party tests and assessments are extensive and don't seem related to the job.   Answer Question
    Told them how much money I wanted to make and they came back with a good offer. They do offer signing bonuses and can also offer more vacation time for execs.

Sales Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation in July 2011.

In my opinion the interview process involved too many phone/face to face interviews. 4 phone interviews and 2 face to face. Although the entire process was completed within two weeks and I did accept the offer in July 2011... positions eliminated Dec 2012.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to give verbal presentation on six financial service products that they offer, one day to prepare.   Answer Question
    No negociation as my offer was at the top of the provided salary range.

Print and Component Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joppa, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joppa, MD

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation in May 2010.

Custom Direct was purchased by Deluxe in 2010. Hiring and interview process was stressful as can be expected when there is a buy out.

Interview Questions
    • Whether or not I wanted to accept a job with a company located in MN and CO while working in MD in a building that would eventually close it's doors 3+ years later.   View Answer

KEY CONTACT Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

I applied online and received a phone call about a week later requesting to set up a phone interview with a recruiter for that following week. The recruiter was 30 minutes late calling me, and then the phone interview had to be rescheduled for 3 days later. The phone interview was pretty standard...how did you hear about the job, how do you qualify for said position ect. After the phone interview the recruiter set up a face to face interview with a hiring manger at the corporate office for the following week. The face to face interview took about 3 hours. I had to fill out a paper application, sat with a current employee doing the job I was applying for, sat with 2 hiring managers and answered a series of behavioral interview questions that was followed with 3 different written assessments. A week later I was made a offer for the position that I ended up turning down because the shift they wanted me to work was not the same shift I initially applied for in my application.

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle a co worker that I could not get along with   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation in February 2012.

This was a good process; smart questions

take it or leave it

Marketing Interview

The interview was a straight forward multi-tier interview (4 in total) increasing up the corporate ladder. All communications took place over the phone. The entire process took three hours and I started roughly two weeks after the final interview. The questions mostly related to prior experience. I was also required to complete work samples and answer various written questions relating to the position.

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Called by recruiter. Passed recruiter phone interview. Setup face to face on site. Walked in interview room had regional sales manager and my would-be manager in the room.

Interview Questions
    • If a potential sale is reluctant, what are your strategies to overcome those objectives?   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation. However I do believe some different offers were given based on experience level.

Leadership Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreview, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreview, MN

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation in March 2013.

Opening phone screening interview with HR recruiter, interview with VP HR, Round Robin interview with department heads, interview with SR VP (hiring Mgr), three personality profiles, critical thinking test.

Each interview covered somewhat different ground and each interviewer came with prepared questions relevant to the position and required skills. I was difficult to understand why the previous person in the position had not been successful.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult questions. The critical thinking test was a very short version of the Watson Glaser test and several questions were poorly written.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation in February 2008.

Usually entails a phone screen, then an interview with the hiring manager. Sometimes there will be a second interview to meet other members of the team. Then there is a background investigation and drug screen. Some positions also require an personality and skills assessment.

Interview Questions
    They tried to low-ball me. I told them what I needed and it was not well received, but they gave it to me. Know what you are worth, and don't let them low-ball you.

Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation in May 2012.

they only take my intro round