Deluxe Corporation

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.7

Territory Manager - Small Business Services - Major Accounts Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

3-4 phone interviews with HR, Sales Management. Each interviewer asks different questions and then they reconvenene and share thoughts on the candidate. Final interview was face to face with the hiring manager but by then the offer was anticipated.

Interview Questions
    I accepted the first salary offer as it was a solid offer but did negotiate some added bridge salary until commissions kicked in.

Executive Director Marketing Interview

RIDICULOUS process to complete 5+ hours of online "psychological testing" and then more in-person "tests" and role plays with a firm they've hired to help them with hiring. Doesn't work at all. The outside firm doesn't consider how the existing execs will get along with/compliment/work together.

The interview process with the Deluxe people is nice and easy. If they bring you into Minneapolis, they want to convince you to work for them.

Interview Questions
    • The extensive time spent with the third-party firm on the "psychological assessment" with totally irrelevant questions.   Answer Question
    They offered me a salary, bonus and 4 weeks vacation. They had me sign a ridiculous non-compete that I refused to (it would have prevented me from working in any marketing-related job). They required drug testing. I should have asked for 5 weeks vacation and more money. Once I was hired I saw that they were quite flexible if they wanted to hire the person. But then again, I got laid off six months later and so did a lot of the sales/marketing people they hired.

Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Did a short phone interview with basic qualifying questions. Was called about a week later for an in person interview. Interview was very generic. Had typical situation questions. Was notified about two weeks later that I got the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? Had to make something up for that one!   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in February 2014.

experience questions + one task on a white board, it was with a director and a software architect. a task war to arrange a string using simple C# implementation. all other questions were from .NET framework and past experience

Interview Questions
    • I believe that a most difficult question was a task at a board to write a code - hate writing code on a boards. a task was to sort a string using available c# methodology   Answer Question
    just an offer was sent

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation in February 2014.

This was for their small business division and I think I threw up in my mouth when I heard the compensation. It is an hourly tiered (i.e. start off in bronze move up to gold or platinum) starting at $12.50/hour?!?! According to Career Bliss the avg salary for Deluxe employees is $51k/yr and they are a billion dollar company!!!!!! The platinum tier is horrendous too @ $18/hour & supposedly you can make $800-900/mo in commission. They will not start you off at a higher tier, even if you have a degree & extensive sales experience, but may start you off with a slightly higher hourly rate of a whopping $14/hour! On another note, the first 4 weeks are training on their sales process, computer system, etc..

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation in January 2010.

Interviews simple and quick. No difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • Given an object that does not meet its intended purpose, what do you do with it?   Answer Question

It did not seem to be a career growth opportunity for me, personally.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation in May 2010.

The hiring process was easy and you just had to show that you were interested in working there

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreview, MN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation in September 2009.

Pretty simple I was placed through Dahl, had a precursory interview but I was essentially locked in prior to interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. I guess a drug text could trip up some people.   Answer Question
    There was none, I was placed to that was settled prior to the interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Interview held at a their job fair. They had several call center team managers in one large room sitting at tables several feet apart from each other. You sit on the other side of the table. The manager greets you with a handshake, introduces her/him self and asks you to have a seat. Your are asked if you have previous call center and/or customer service
    experience. If yes, you are asked to describe in detail you job duties, if you like the work and how long you worked there. You are asked if you have sales experience. The manager
    describes to you the work environment, the training, and the nature of the job and the
    requirements to be successful. You are then asked if you feel the job is a good fit for you
    and if you see a future of success working for deluxe. You are asked about your strenghts
    and weak points. You are asked what you can contribute to the success of the
    company and why you want to work for them and why you want to work in a call center
    and customer service. You are asked describe how you relate to other people and what
    you expect from the company to help you be successful. There is one face to face
    interview that lasts about 15 to 25 minutes. You are the told you will be called if you are
    to be hired.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question and somewhat difficult to answer was about what I would do in a
      difficult customer service encounter. where a customer was angry and upset and everything
      you offered to do to resolve a problem was not satisfactory to the customer.

View Answer
    No negotiation of wages. Only offered a starting hourly wage with a shift
    differential. They don't negotiate pay with customer service reps. They start
    everyone at the same rate. Period.

Content Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreview, MN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation in June 2012.

The process moved very quickly for me though I know they had been looking for someone for a while. I met with the director and her direct reports all at once. They asked me a variety of questions to learn about both my experiences and how I work, most likely to see if I would be a good fit with the rest of the team. The interview wasn't particularly difficult or painful but I left feeling pretty good about the position and how I did in the interview.