Deluxe Corporation

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews

Territory Manager - Small Business Services - Major Accounts Interview

Territory Manager - Small Business Services - Major Accounts

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Interview Details – 3-4 phone interviews with HR, Sales Management. Each interviewer asks different questions and then they reconvenene and share thoughts on the candidate. Final interview was face to face with the hiring manager but by then the offer was anticipated.

Interview Question – I do not remember a very tricky question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the first salary offer as it was a solid offer but did negotiate some added bridge salary until commissions kicked in.

Executive Director Marketing Interview

Executive Director Marketing

Interviewed at Deluxe Corporation

Interview Details – RIDICULOUS process to complete 5+ hours of online "psychological testing" and then more in-person "tests" and role plays with a firm they've hired to help them with hiring. Doesn't work at all. The outside firm doesn't consider how the existing execs will get along with/compliment/work together.

The interview process with the Deluxe people is nice and easy. If they bring you into Minneapolis, they want to convince you to work for them.

Interview Question – The extensive time spent with the third-party firm on the "psychological assessment" with totally irrelevant questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a salary, bonus and 4 weeks vacation. They had me sign a ridiculous non-compete that I refused to (it would have prevented me from working in any marketing-related job). They required drug testing. I should have asked for 5 weeks vacation and more money. Once I was hired I saw that they were quite flexible if they wanted to hire the person. But then again, I got laid off six months later and so did a lot of the sales/marketing people they hired.

Very Easy Interview

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in February 2014.

Interview Details – This was for their small business division and I think I threw up in my mouth when I heard the compensation. It is an hourly tiered (i.e. start off in bronze move up to gold or platinum) starting at $12.50/hour?!?! According to Career Bliss the avg salary for Deluxe employees is $51k/yr and they are a billion dollar company!!!!!! The platinum tier is horrendous too @ $18/hour & supposedly you can make $800-900/mo in commission. They will not start you off at a higher tier, even if you have a degree & extensive sales experience, but may start you off with a slightly higher hourly rate of a whopping $14/hour! On another note, the first 4 weeks are training on their sales process, computer system, etc..

Interview Question – Would you be able to start 2 weeks from today?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Director Interview

Director
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interviews simple and quick. No difficult questions.

Interview Question – Given an object that does not meet its intended purpose, what do you do with it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It did not seem to be a career growth opportunity for me, personally.

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Lenexa, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in May 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was easy and you just had to show that you were interested in working there

User Experience Designer Interview

User Experience Designer
Shoreview, MN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in September 2009.

Interview Details – Pretty simple I was placed through Dahl, had a precursory interview but I was essentially locked in prior to interview.

Interview Question – Nothing really. I guess a drug text could trip up some people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none, I was placed to that was settled prior to the interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Interview Details – Interview held at a their job fair. They had several call center team managers in one large room sitting at tables several feet apart from each other. You sit on the other side of the table. The manager greets you with a handshake, introduces her/him self and asks you to have a seat. Your are asked if you have previous call center and/or customer service
experience. If yes, you are asked to describe in detail you job duties, if you like the work and how long you worked there. You are asked if you have sales experience. The manager
describes to you the work environment, the training, and the nature of the job and the
requirements to be successful. You are then asked if you feel the job is a good fit for you
and if you see a future of success working for deluxe. You are asked about your strenghts
and weak points. You are asked what you can contribute to the success of the
company and why you want to work for them and why you want to work in a call center
and customer service. You are asked describe how you relate to other people and what
you expect from the company to help you be successful. There is one face to face
interview that lasts about 15 to 25 minutes. You are the told you will be called if you are
to be hired.

Interview Question – An unexpected question and somewhat difficult to answer was about what I would do in a
difficult customer service encounter. where a customer was angry and upset and everything
you offered to do to resolve a problem was not satisfactory to the customer.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation of wages. Only offered a starting hourly wage with a shift
differential. They don't negotiate pay with customer service reps. They start
everyone at the same rate. Period.

Content Marketing Manager Interview

Content Marketing Manager
Shoreview, MN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in June 2012.

Interview Details – The process moved very quickly for me though I know they had been looking for someone for a while. I met with the director and her direct reports all at once. They asked me a variety of questions to learn about both my experiences and how I work, most likely to see if I would be a good fit with the rest of the team. The interview wasn't particularly difficult or painful but I left feeling pretty good about the position and how I did in the interview.

Interview Question – I don't remember any specific questions   Answer Question

Data Entry Interview

Data Entry

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in July 2011.

Interview Details – Phone calls to/from HR, hiring manager & HR generalist. HR Generalist most helpful in locating position. HR neglected to let me know my hourly wages. I receive wages info in offer letter.

Interview Question – What kind of position are you looking for?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing...don't let them railroad you into taking later hours

Systems Administrative Interview

Systems Administrative
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in May 2012.

Interview Details – they only take my intro round

Interview Question – DHCP working on which port no.   View Answer

Worked for Deluxe Corporation? Contribute to the Community!