Deluxe Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.8

Website Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Olathe, KS) in August 2014.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. After phone interview, if they feel you are a good candidate, they pass you along to set up an interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How much coordinating experience do you have ?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (American Fork, UT) in February 2014.

Interview

experience questions + one task on a white board, it was with a director and a software architect. a task war to arrange a string using simple C# implementation. all other questions were from .NET framework and past experience

Interview Questions

• I believe that a most difficult question was a task at a board to write a code - hate writing code on a boards. a task was to sort a string using available c# methodology   Answer Question

Negotiation

just an offer was sent

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2014.

Interview

This was for their small business division and I think I threw up in my mouth when I heard the compensation. It is an hourly tiered (i.e. start off in bronze move up to gold or platinum) starting at $12.50/hour?!?! According to Career Bliss the avg salary for Deluxe employees is $51k/yr and they are a billion dollar company!!!!!! The platinum tier is horrendous too @ $18/hour & supposedly you can make $800-900/mo in commission. They will not start you off at a higher tier, even if you have a degree & extensive sales experience, but may start you off with a slightly higher hourly rate of a whopping $14/hour! On another note, the first 4 weeks are training on their sales process, computer system, etc..

Small Business Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Lenexa, KS) in January 2014.

Interview

Met with the manager of the sales department once. Then met with the human resource manager to complete paper work and then went through a two week (?) training period with 25 plus others in a conference room.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Interview

Called by recruiter. Passed recruiter phone interview. Setup face to face on site. Walked in interview room had regional sales manager and my would-be manager in the room.

Interview Questions

• If a potential sale is reluctant, what are your strategies to overcome those objectives?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. However I do believe some different offers were given based on experience level.

Marketing Interview

Interview

The interview was a straight forward multi-tier interview (4 in total) increasing up the corporate ladder. All communications took place over the phone. The entire process took three hours and I started roughly two weeks after the final interview. The questions mostly related to prior experience. I was also required to complete work samples and answer various written questions relating to the position.

Leadership Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shoreview, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Shoreview, MN) in March 2013.

Interview

Opening phone screening interview with HR recruiter, interview with VP HR, Round Robin interview with department heads, interview with SR VP (hiring Mgr), three personality profiles, critical thinking test. Each interview covered somewhat different ground and each interviewer came with prepared questions relevant to the position and required skills. I was difficult to understand why the previous person in the position had not been successful.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any difficult questions. The critical thinking test was a very short version of the Watson Glaser test and several questions were poorly written.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

Interview held at a their job fair. They had several call center team managers in one large room sitting at tables several feet apart from each other. You sit on the other side of the table. The manager greets you with a handshake, introduces her/him self and asks you to have a seat. Your are asked if you have previous call center and/or customer service experience. If yes, you are asked to describe in detail you job duties, if you like the work and how long you worked there. You are asked if you have sales experience. The manager describes to you the work environment, the training, and the nature of the job and the requirements to be successful. You are then asked if you feel the job is a good fit for you and if you see a future of success working for deluxe. You are asked about your strenghts and weak points. You are asked what you can contribute to the success of the company and why you want to work for them and why you want to work in a call center and customer service. You are asked describe how you relate to other people and what you expect from the company to help you be successful. There is one face to face interview that lasts about 15 to 25 minutes. You are the told you will be called if you are to be hired.

Interview Questions

• An unexpected question and somewhat difficult to answer was about what I would do in a difficult customer service encounter. where a customer was angry and upset and everything you offered to do to resolve a problem was not satisfactory to the customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation of wages. Only offered a starting hourly wage with a shift differential. They don't negotiate pay with customer service reps. They start everyone at the same rate. Period.

Content Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreview, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Shoreview, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

The process moved very quickly for me though I know they had been looking for someone for a while. I met with the director and her direct reports all at once. They asked me a variety of questions to learn about both my experiences and how I work, most likely to see if I would be a good fit with the rest of the team. The interview wasn't particularly difficult or painful but I left feeling pretty good about the position and how I did in the interview.

Loyalty Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shoreview, MN

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Shoreview, MN) in April 2012.

Interview

You walk in to check in at the reception desk. You wait until they come grab you. Most of the interview was the team leader describing the functions of the job. Then they read questions off of a what seems like 10 page paper. No biggie.

Interview Questions

• Who is someone you consider to be a good sales person and why? What qualities do they possess?   Answer Question
    • How do you respond to a customer who says you've made a mistake?   1 Answer