Deluxe Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Content Marketing Manager Interview

Content Marketing Manager
Shoreview, MN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in June 2012.

Interview Details – The process moved very quickly for me though I know they had been looking for someone for a while. I met with the director and her direct reports all at once. They asked me a variety of questions to learn about both my experiences and how I work, most likely to see if I would be a good fit with the rest of the team. The interview wasn't particularly difficult or painful but I left feeling pretty good about the position and how I did in the interview.

Interview Question – I don't remember any specific questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Interview Details – Interview held at a their job fair. They had several call center team managers in one large room sitting at tables several feet apart from each other. You sit on the other side of the table. The manager greets you with a handshake, introduces her/him self and asks you to have a seat. Your are asked if you have previous call center and/or customer service
experience. If yes, you are asked to describe in detail you job duties, if you like the work and how long you worked there. You are asked if you have sales experience. The manager
describes to you the work environment, the training, and the nature of the job and the
requirements to be successful. You are then asked if you feel the job is a good fit for you
and if you see a future of success working for deluxe. You are asked about your strenghts
and weak points. You are asked what you can contribute to the success of the
company and why you want to work for them and why you want to work in a call center
and customer service. You are asked describe how you relate to other people and what
you expect from the company to help you be successful. There is one face to face
interview that lasts about 15 to 25 minutes. You are the told you will be called if you are
to be hired.

Interview Question – An unexpected question and somewhat difficult to answer was about what I would do in a
difficult customer service encounter. where a customer was angry and upset and everything
you offered to do to resolve a problem was not satisfactory to the customer.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation of wages. Only offered a starting hourly wage with a shift
differential. They don't negotiate pay with customer service reps. They start
everyone at the same rate. Period.

Loyalty Representative Interview

Loyalty Representative
Shoreview, MN

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in April 2012.

Interview Details – You walk in to check in at the reception desk. You wait until they come grab you. Most of the interview was the team leader describing the functions of the job. Then they read questions off of a what seems like 10 page paper. No biggie.

Interview Questions

• Who is someone you consider to be a good sales person and why? What qualities do they possess?   Answer Question
  • How do you respond to a customer who says you've made a mistake?   View Answer

Executive Director Interview

Executive Director

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in December 2011.

Interview Details – Phone screen with talent acquisition; then phone interview with hiring manager; then in person interview with several people at the site; then 10 hours of assessment testing with an outside psychology firm that included online tests + in-person interviews + email in-box test. The assessment testing was excessive, time-consuming and many of the questions/tests seemed totally irrelevant to the job I was applying for.

The interview process was very pleasant with the people who work at the company. You'll meet with the hiring manager; their boss; your peers; people who would work for you; HR. The people are REALLY nice and smart. They do a fair amount of selling you on why you want to work for Deluxe.

Interview Question – None from the people who worked there. The third party tests and assessments are extensive and don't seem related to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Told them how much money I wanted to make and they came back with a good offer. They do offer signing bonuses and can also offer more vacation time for execs.

Lead Financial Analyst Interview

Lead Financial Analyst
Shoreview, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in March 2008.

Interview Details – I worked through a recruiting agency, which did most of the follow up work, but the hiring process consisted of two on site interviews and a brief phone conversation to work out final details.

Interview Question – Why do you want to move into management?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate vacation time and starting salary.

Contract Specialist Interview

Contract Specialist
Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in June 2010.

Interview Details – This was a very ordered process starting with an initial phone interview for screening purposes and then a follow up in-person interview with the HR manager and hiring manager.

Both were very professional and respectful. The follow up was impressive and made me feel as though this company was humanizing the hiring process.

HR manager was more than responsive to my follow up inquiries, offered apologies when the process took longer than was initially expected, etc.

Very positive experience overall.

Interview Question – Please share some very specific experiences that highlight your project management skills.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in February 2008.

Interview Details – Usually entails a phone screen, then an interview with the hiring manager. Sometimes there will be a second interview to meet other members of the team. Then there is a background investigation and drug screen. Some positions also require an personality and skills assessment.

Interview Question – What do already know about Deluxe?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They tried to low-ball me. I told them what I needed and it was not well received, but they gave it to me. Know what you are worth, and don't let them low-ball you.

Executive Director Marketing Interview

Executive Director Marketing

Interviewed at Deluxe Corporation

Interview Details – RIDICULOUS process to complete 5+ hours of online "psychological testing" and then more in-person "tests" and role plays with a firm they've hired to help them with hiring. Doesn't work at all. The outside firm doesn't consider how the existing execs will get along with/compliment/work together.

The interview process with the Deluxe people is nice and easy. If they bring you into Minneapolis, they want to convince you to work for them.

Interview Question – The extensive time spent with the third-party firm on the "psychological assessment" with totally irrelevant questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a salary, bonus and 4 weeks vacation. They had me sign a ridiculous non-compete that I refused to (it would have prevented me from working in any marketing-related job). They required drug testing. I should have asked for 5 weeks vacation and more money. Once I was hired I saw that they were quite flexible if they wanted to hire the person. But then again, I got laid off six months later and so did a lot of the sales/marketing people they hired.

Territory Manager - Small Business Services - Major Accounts Interview

Territory Manager - Small Business Services - Major Accounts

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Interview Details – 3-4 phone interviews with HR, Sales Management. Each interviewer asks different questions and then they reconvenene and share thoughts on the candidate. Final interview was face to face with the hiring manager but by then the offer was anticipated.

Interview Question – I do not remember a very tricky question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the first salary offer as it was a solid offer but did negotiate some added bridge salary until commissions kicked in.

Systems Administrative Interview

Systems Administrative
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in May 2012.

Interview Details – they only take my intro round