Deluxe Entertainment

Updated Jul 1, 2014

2.6

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deluxe Entertainment.

Called me for interview and had two rounds with 3 people in the panel in each round. They asked me in the first round questions about my past work experience. One of the significant questions was ' Whether I have had any problems with my bosses in the past' I was wondering why they asked that because i never had such a problem before. Now I know why because its quite difficult to stay in that company and say the same after having worked there. They also asked me a few other questions. The technical round had some easy practical questions and some more complicated theoretical questions.

Interview Questions
    • They asked some quite easy programming questions. Something like given a sentence, find how many 'a's are there. And other questions along these lines.   View Answer
    • All other questions were regarding past experiences and work that I have done.   Answer Question
    • They asked in detail theoretical questions about Inheritence concept in Java.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate a lot. They offered me 50K and after a lot of negotiation i got 52K. I took it just out of need of H1B Visa.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deluxe Entertainment.

Generic, quite a few people on panel , technical interview not too difficult. Provided with situational problem solving questions.
    Good to have industry knowledge
    Negotiate well on base salary and do not fall for any talk of bonus

Video Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deluxe Entertainment in February 2014.

Applied online at Deluxe Job board. Several weeks later received an email from HR asking for more information from me. Shortly after received a phone call to schedule an in-person interview. In-person interview scheduled for a few days later. Interview questions were generally standard and I got a good feeling, however the job ad had not noted this was a swing-shift position, so I had to opt out. Most of their ads do specify if they are, but this one didn't and it wasn't mentioned to me over my phone call either, so I had no clue. Noted below are the questions/parts I had difficulty with.

Interview Questions
    • What are you most passionate about?   Answer Question
    • Very specific written test for what is a highly visual/hands-on position. Asking which keys you would use to do a certain thing in FCP which if you use a lot just becomes second nature. But overall the questions made sense as to why they would be asking, I would have just preferred a practical exam.   Answer Question
    • If you remove two lines of resolution from the top of an interlaced frame and four lines of resolution from the bottom, will the fields be reversed?   Answer Question

QC Negative Foreman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment.

Has changed over the years. More difficult to be hired due to the ever changing technology of Digital.

Digital Imaging Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deluxe Entertainment.

Through contacts and former professional association with Academy of Television Arts and Sciences received and interview. Then meeting with the supervisor and two interviews with management teams and later for the final process of the interview had an interview with the Human Resources department and management team.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot recall, but overall I do not believe there were many difficult questions involved. Most questions were technical questions and specific digital imaging questions.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Deluxe Entertainment in July 2013.

Interviewer had all the signs of a bad place to work as a software developer. Only interested in whether I was an expert in web services. Really? Is that all I'd be working on? No interest in the fact that I have a broad range of software development knowledge and have a history of quickly learning new technologies and techniques?

No effort made to sell me I why I should work for Deluxe, what makes them a great place to work, etc.

Authoring Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deluxe Entertainment.

first receiving a phone call scheduled a on site interview.
    Interview is easy, asked about personal interests as well as the school projects.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deluxe Entertainment.

Simple. A few phone screenings by a recruiter, followed by two face-to-face meetings with the hiring manager.

No negotiation.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deluxe Entertainment in May 2011.

I was contacted a couple of times by this company. The first time I submitted to a job posting and was contacted about a position and we didn't get past the phone interview because my salary requirements were WAAAYY above what they were offering. They should have known from my resume I was worth more than what they wanted to pay.

The next time I was contacted was after a former co-worker that worked at the company recommended me directly. I actually went in 3 separate times and interviewed with different managers until they found me a position.

So I would tell you that the hiring process will be a slow one with this company and don't let them low ball you!!

Interview Questions
    • There really were no difficult or unexpected interview questions   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Deluxe Entertainment in June 2010.

It was easy. Out and in within an hour. No formal job description. Just an overview. But the people were really friendly. I think if you're coming from one of the big entertainment companies you'll be a little surprised by the little reception desk at the entrance. Small offices.

Interview Questions
    • They asked my about certain excel functions.   View Answer