Demand Media Freelance Writer Interview Questions

Updated May 30, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Demand Media (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

I was asked to submit three samples in the area I wanted to work in. Since then, I've been approved in some areas and rejected in others. It all comes down to those samples. Be very careful, because you don't get a redo. There is no other procedure to pass. If your samples are approved, you are in. Sometimes, you hear back in a day, sometimes it might take months if they aren't adding to that subject area.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any questions other than resume-type questions on the application.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Demand Media

Freelance Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Demand Media.

Interview

At the time, had to fill out application and submit writing sample. I had to answer some questions and have my application approved. Now, it's more difficult. You need to have a degree and several years experience to write fairly shallow articles for little money.

Interview Questions

• Have to prove ridiculous amount of experience to be considered able to write on a subject.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. You can't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Demand Media (Santa Monica, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

It was an email interview where I answered questions about my work as a writer and as an editor. I explained to them about the variety of freelance writing jobs I have had such as website reviewer and as an editor.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know my writing background.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Demand Media (Memphis, TN) in June 2011.

Interview

You have to submit writing samples and prove you're an expert in a particular field to write about it. Other than that, you just wait to hear from them. Pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• If I were an expert in a particular field.   1 Answer

Freelance Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Demand Media in October 2009.

Interview

I submitted an application online and got an email back that I was hired and gave my log in information. That was the entire process, within a week I was writing my first article. If I remember write I had to send in three writing samples. Really it was simple to get in, which is why there was more writers than work.