Demand Media

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.6

Web Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Demand Media.

Applied through the career fair , got a call in 3 weeks for an on-site interview.It started with a 45 minute technical test followed by 2 rounds of technical interviews

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, basic dynamic programming and DS   Answer Question

Freelance Writer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Demand Media.

At the time, had to fill out application and submit writing sample. I had to answer some questions and have my application approved. Now, it's more difficult. You need to have a degree and several years experience to write fairly shallow articles for little money.

Interview Questions
    • Have to prove ridiculous amount of experience to be considered able to write on a subject.   Answer Question
    None. You can't negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Demand Media.

I got a call from the career fair in my university. The interview process was 2 hours long. There was a 1 hour long written test, the questions were very easy and dealt with basic php, html,css,javascript, programming. Next 1 hour was HR interview. Nothing technical, just some questions on the resume and about the company

Web Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Demand Media.

Applied through Career Fair. Got a call next day asking for time slots. Basic questions about HTML, PHP, CSS and other web technologies. Nothing too difficult. Asked a lot of questions about responsive web designing. Also questions about previous experiences.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Demand Media in March 2014.

Applied online for an open position. Got a callback from HR wanting to set up a quick phone screen, then got asked to fill out a formal application for employment. Did the initial phone screen and heard back right away that they wanted me to come in for a group interview at the Demand offices. Group interview seemed to go well, and I got positive feedback from other Demand employees, but I was told by HR that there were others still up for the job and that I'd hear back soon. The only way I found out I'd been rejected was when I was looking over my Jobvite list to make sure my applications were all current. Demand gave no explanation for my rejection, sent no reply, and no form rejection letter. Very strange.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. The interview questions were pretty standard.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Demand Media.

Phone and Onsite

Writer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Demand Media.

Fill out online application; add resume and a writing sample. It could take from a week to several months or more to hear from an editor through email, depending on what their writing needs are. You are given a three article maximum when you first start. Do well on these first articles, and you are allowed to claim more assignments.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation. Articles are assigned a flat rate. The rate depends on the type and length of the article you submit. You see the rate before you add an assignment to your queue on your personalized dashboard. Once your article is approved, you can see on the dashboard how much money you have made in the current pay period.

Director of Business and Legal Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at Demand Media in September 2013.

Initial interview via phone through HR. Interviewer was well connected with the needs and requirements of the position and made an effort to understand my skill set as it would apply to the position. Very friendly and helpful in understanding the needs of the position and managing expectations in terms of the potential match.

Interview Questions
    • There were no overly difficult or unexpected questions. The interview was very straight forward and direct, focused on determining whether my established skill set was a match for the specific needs of the position.   Answer Question

BD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Demand Media in February 2013.

Very friendly HR and the team members were very knowledgable, definitely drove the importance of company culture. The interviews typically lasted anywhere between 30 minutes to one hour over the phone, in person interview lasted about an hour as well.

Interview Questions
    • Understanding of the display landscape and what differentiates Demand from many of the other publishers   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

1)Phone interview - asked basic questions on html/css/js , responsive web design, security
    2)onsite interview - company briefing, linner, written test ( very basic set of q's on all web technologies ), set of interviews with all the four major teams at DM. Questions were based on previous projects.

Interview Questions

Waiting for a better offer.