Demand Media Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

BD Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Demand Media in February 2013.

Very friendly HR and the team members were very knowledgable, definitely drove the importance of company culture. The interviews typically lasted anywhere between 30 minutes to one hour over the phone, in person interview lasted about an hour as well.

Interview Questions
    • Understanding of the display landscape and what differentiates Demand from many of the other publishers   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Demand Media in May 2010.

Found the job through a recruiter. Started with a technical phone screen with 3 people, was brought in for a onsite interview. Onsite was panel style, about 3 panels. Typical software testing and software development questions

Account Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Demand Media in March 2014.

Applied online for an open position. Got a callback from HR wanting to set up a quick phone screen, then got asked to fill out a formal application for employment. Did the initial phone screen and heard back right away that they wanted me to come in for a group interview at the Demand offices. Group interview seemed to go well, and I got positive feedback from other Demand employees, but I was told by HR that there were others still up for the job and that I'd hear back soon. The only way I found out I'd been rejected was when I was looking over my Jobvite list to make sure my applications were all current. Demand gave no explanation for my rejection, sent no reply, and no form rejection letter. Very strange.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. The interview questions were pretty standard.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Demand Media.

Phone and Onsite

Writer Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Demand Media.

Fill out online application; add resume and a writing sample. It could take from a week to several months or more to hear from an editor through email, depending on what their writing needs are. You are given a three article maximum when you first start. Do well on these first articles, and you are allowed to claim more assignments.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation. Articles are assigned a flat rate. The rate depends on the type and length of the article you submit. You see the rate before you add an assignment to your queue on your personalized dashboard. Once your article is approved, you can see on the dashboard how much money you have made in the current pay period.

Director of Business and Legal Affairs Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at Demand Media in September 2013.

Initial interview via phone through HR. Interviewer was well connected with the needs and requirements of the position and made an effort to understand my skill set as it would apply to the position. Very friendly and helpful in understanding the needs of the position and managing expectations in terms of the potential match.

Interview Questions
    • There were no overly difficult or unexpected questions. The interview was very straight forward and direct, focused on determining whether my established skill set was a match for the specific needs of the position.   Answer Question

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Demand Media in August 2010.

All interaction is mostly automated. I submitted a writing sample, and was informed of its acceptance within a couple of days.

Interview Questions
    • I believe everything is based on the writing sample. I think they want people out of college, as well.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Demand Media in November 2012.

Applied to an online listing, got a phone call the same day. I was informed that I fit the job specifications to a tee so they were fast-tracking me. After a phone call with my future manager, they brought me in for an onsite with himself and two other team members. The process was fast and people cordial and very friendly. I received a call by the end of the week informing me I had got the position.

Interview Questions
    • What's something you're really bad at?   View Answer

Freelance Writer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Demand Media in October 2009.

I submitted an application online and got an email back that I was hired and gave my log in information. That was the entire process, within a week I was writing my first article. If I remember write I had to send in three writing samples. Really it was simple to get in, which is why there was more writers than work.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Demand Media.

1)Phone interview - asked basic questions on html/css/js , responsive web design, security
    2)onsite interview - company briefing, linner, written test ( very basic set of q's on all web technologies ), set of interviews with all the four major teams at DM. Questions were based on previous projects.

Interview Questions

Waiting for a better offer.

Worked for Demand Media? Contribute to the Community!