DemandTec

Very Difficult Interview

Architect Interview

Architect
San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DemandTec in January 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process is overall good except one guy who does not allow me to go to restroom or eat my lunch during the lunch interview.

Interview Question – How do you know us?   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Senior QA Engineer
Redwood City, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at DemandTec in October 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with development manager.Asked me on online whiteboard to explain SQL joins.I wasn't quite prepared for it,so fudged it but somehow guessed atleast 2 answers right.Also told the same thing to him that I was guessing the answer but also went in detail about things that I am bringing to the table.Was called onsite

1) Had five different interviews with the same manager as above,QA engineer,product manager,build/release engineer,VP of engineering and recruiter
2)All interviews went well-only couple were technical ,rest were more abstract and general stuff.Also asked lot of questions on the process.
3)Finally recruiter asked me my salary expectations

I got a call later from the recruiter that I was liked and was in the "contention".Hindsight I like to believe she was just lying to keep me interested and they were actually on the fence about me.

Anyway never heard back from them.But a decent interview but I would have appreciated honesty from the recruiter.

Interview Question – How would you count number of Wednesdays in a year   Answer Question

Senior Software Engg Interview

Senior Software Engg
San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at DemandTec in November 2010.

Interview Details – Peoples are good. Interview process was not so good.

Interview Question – Questions on Algorithms   View Answer

Engineeting Interview

Engineeting
San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DemandTec in September 2010.

Interview Details – Spoke to manager on 1st interview
some technical questions

Second day spoke to Senior Architect on Phone.

Interview Question – What is the path to success   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DemandTec in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call from their HR/recruiter on the same day. She went through a short technical test then the hiring manager send me a coding test (algorithm). After sending my implementation back, i had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Fairly intense Java questions and again, algorithms. I thought i failed but a week later,recruiter called and arranged for a 2nd phone interview with another engineer. I felt this went on and on (still no sign of a peronal interview), too much algorithms (I was applying for a position with a front end focus!) and the job wasn't the right fit so i declined.

Interview Question – implement a 2 D zig-zag array   Answer Question

Junior Technical Writer Interview

Junior Technical Writer
San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DemandTec in August 2010.

Interview Details – I received two phone screens from the Technical department. After answering many questions about my background, I don't believe I am in the running for an in person interview. This was a referral from a very dear friend. Brush up on your technical knowledge to really wow them.

Interview Questions

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
San Mateo, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DemandTec in May 2010.

Interview Details – The initial phone interview was with two technical staff members. The questions seemed relevant, as they both probed my technical abilities and gave me and idea of the work environment and upcoming challenges. As with all phone conversations, it was nearly impossible to gauge company culture.

Arriving in person, I was greeted, after a short delay, by an internal HR staffer. Being short on time (apparently mutual, according to the agency recruiter), any delay didn't bode well. After the hour was nearly up, there wasn't even word from the still-absent technical interviewers or their manager.

In this profession, unexpected emergencies happen, but not even attempting to minimize the time wasted is inexcusable.

Interview Question – What system or method do you use to keep your auomation scripts and libraries organized?   Answer Question

Senior Statistician - Modeling Interview

Senior Statistician - Modeling

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at DemandTec in February 2012.

Interview Details – Started with one phone interview, then called for an on-site interview. Interviewed 1:1 with six people, each took 45 minutes. Most questions were about background and experience. Asked to look into one small data set, perform analysis and present during interview. Need to consider and deal with missing data at the first step. Some technical questions are about mixed integer programming.

Interview Question – Explain what a normal distribution is to someone without background on statistics.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at DemandTec in November 2011.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview + 1 onsite interview

Interview Question – what is the difference between arraylist and linkedlist   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DemandTec in February 2012.

Interview Details – Got a call via a recruiter who found my resumer on a job site. Was screened by a HR and then scheduled for a Phone interview.

Interview Question – Difference between HashMap and HashTable   View Answer

Worked for DemandTec? Contribute to the Community!