DemandTec

Very Difficult Interview

Architect Interview

Architect
San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DemandTec in January 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process is overall good except one guy who does not allow me to go to restroom or eat my lunch during the lunch interview.

Interview Question – How do you know us?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engg Interview

Senior Software Engg
San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at DemandTec in November 2010.

Interview Details – Peoples are good. Interview process was not so good.

Interview Question – Questions on Algorithms   View Answer

Engineeting Interview

Engineeting
San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DemandTec in September 2010.

Interview Details – Spoke to manager on 1st interview
some technical questions

Second day spoke to Senior Architect on Phone.

Interview Question – What is the path to success   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DemandTec in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call from their HR/recruiter on the same day. She went through a short technical test then the hiring manager send me a coding test (algorithm). After sending my implementation back, i had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Fairly intense Java questions and again, algorithms. I thought i failed but a week later,recruiter called and arranged for a 2nd phone interview with another engineer. I felt this went on and on (still no sign of a peronal interview), too much algorithms (I was applying for a position with a front end focus!) and the job wasn't the right fit so i declined.

Interview Question – implement a 2 D zig-zag array   Answer Question

Junior Technical Writer Interview

Junior Technical Writer
San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DemandTec in August 2010.

Interview Details – I received two phone screens from the Technical department. After answering many questions about my background, I don't believe I am in the running for an in person interview. This was a referral from a very dear friend. Brush up on your technical knowledge to really wow them.

Interview Questions

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
San Mateo, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DemandTec in May 2010.

Interview Details – The initial phone interview was with two technical staff members. The questions seemed relevant, as they both probed my technical abilities and gave me and idea of the work environment and upcoming challenges. As with all phone conversations, it was nearly impossible to gauge company culture.

Arriving in person, I was greeted, after a short delay, by an internal HR staffer. Being short on time (apparently mutual, according to the agency recruiter), any delay didn't bode well. After the hour was nearly up, there wasn't even word from the still-absent technical interviewers or their manager.

In this profession, unexpected emergencies happen, but not even attempting to minimize the time wasted is inexcusable.

Interview Question – What system or method do you use to keep your auomation scripts and libraries organized?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for DemandTec? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DemandTec interview questions and advice in San Mateo, CA. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by DemandTec employees and interview candidates.