Demandforce

Average Difficulty
38 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Demandforce in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online through the site indeed. Received a call from a recruiter about 2 weeks later. She informed me about the job position and about the company (selling SaaS to small business owners) I was told that if the company was interested they would contact me within a month or so. I then saw online that the company was having a hiring party for the same position that i applied for about 5 days later. I signed up for the hiring party and had to resubmit a resume and then I received a phone call from a manager at the company. She was great and the call went well so she suggested that I come to the hiring party. I arrived at the party in the San Francisco office and it was packed with at least 80 people. Their was a keg and it felt a little like a frat/house party. They called us into a room in groups of 7 or so and did a version of speed interviews. We were briefly coached up to show "energy" and "ask for the job" and were then sent in. It all felt a little impersonal and slightly unprofessional but I did meet some good people.

Interview Question – I was asked why I wanted to work in the technology industry.   View Answer

Account Executive Entry Level Interview

Account Executive Entry Level

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Demandforce in June 2014.

Interview Details – 1 on 1 phone interview with recruiter (20 to 45 minutes) Recruiter screens you and if they like you they will send your application to top management

Second Phone interview with top management (An hour)

Face to face interview at office (at your expense)

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Billing Support Representative Interview

Billing Support Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Demandforce.

Interview Details – After a couple of weeks, I received a call after submission of my application and/or resume online.
The person who called left a message as I was not available. I called back when I was able to. When I called back, she abruptly told me that she was on her way to a meeting. I gave her the benefit of the doubt thinking this was a possibility, but I suspect there was more to it than that.

When she called back, I found it very odd that during the phone screen interview she all of a sudden put me on hold. After she asked me one of her few questions, I was about to answer then she put RUDELY put me on hold. Next thing, she gets back on the phone only to say she is looking for someone with billing and sales experience. VERY ODD and strange that she asked a question and then put me on hold only to tell me that.

I strongly believe that there was someone who she did NOT mention was listening in on our phone call, which is also why she supposedly was on her way to a "meeting" when I called her back. That other person i suspect (who she did not mention was there in listening in) was not there when I returned her phone call and she could not go on to the phone screen because they weren't there at the time.

Anyhows, regardless of whether or not I had sufficient experience, she informed me that they were not interested. It's okay though because I would NOT want to work for a company who can't even have the decency to be upfront and let me know if someone was there listening in the phone screen and guiding her as to whether or not they thought I was qualified, which I was.

Lastly, they had my resume and cover letter, and why bother to call me if you don't think I'm qualified. I wrote a very detailed resume. Obviously, your recruiting system/personnel is lacking in professionalism and skills to identify a qualified person and the ability to NOT waste MY time. I hope to God they don't call again as they will just waste my time once again!

Interview Question – No difficult questions. I know I was qualified otherwise I would not have applied. Demandforce Inc./Intuit's loss because that job description was very similar to what I my resume outlined and with my level of customer service and sales experience,....HUGE HUGE mistake on their part.   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Demandforce.

Interview Details – I went through a recruiter screen + hiring manager phone screen + 4 person onsite (pm's) + 3 person onsite (designer, engineer, dir of prod). Lots of standard product design questions around products that are familiar to the histories of their pm's.

Interview Question – What would be the next feature you'd build for our postcards feature?   Answer Question

Technical Service Representative Interview

Technical Service Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Demandforce in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, and was contacted by a recruiter within a couple of days. You go through an initial phone screening with a recruiter, then a hiring manager. I was invited to an in-person interview within 5 days with 4 more managers. Make sure you contact the recruiter regarding your status. They may keep you in limbo.

Interview Question – What special attribute did you bring to your previous, or current employer?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Demandforce in March 2014.

Interview Details – Was initally contacted by an HR rep for the company after submitting my resume on their website. Basic background interview, led to an in person interviews with 3 different hiring managers, 20 minutes eachs. The final stage is an presentation of the product to 8-10 managers.

Interview Questions

• Presenting Demandforce product to a dental practice: Interviewer says: My practice is located in a small rural town or is right next to an elderly care facility--implying that what is the value of demandforce if many of the clients might not use mobile communicatons etc.   View Answer
  • Presenting Demandforce to a dental practice: Interviewer says they are a new dental practice, have only been open about a year. IE: there main concern is not follow up appointment reminders or calendar bookings for existing clients but the presenter should focus more on the marketing side of the product.   Answer Question

Lead Development Representative Interview

Lead Development Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Demandforce in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for DF through Intuit's Career section on their webpage. Approximately a month and a half later, I get an email from a recruiter in Atlanta, Georgia to set up a phone interview. Everything went well in the phone interview and she offered me a in person interview at the DF office in San Francisco, CA the following week.

In person interview consisted of 3 separate interview, each interviewer pretty much asked the same questions.

1. Why do you want to work here?
2. Why did you choose the lead development rep position? This is not a glamorous title...
3. Tell me about a time you failed.

There is a mock phone call in which they will give you a random scenario, business, and company to represent. They will dial a real person that works somewhere in the building and you have to book an appointment and sell them your product.

Each person was pretty much stone cold in the face, emotionless, and expressionless. Didn't really feel like you could communicate with them.

They said they would get back to me within a week and a half, earliest would be a week. Week rolled around, nothing. I followed up and said that they were waiting for the last review. Week and half rolled around, nothing. Two weeks go by, I follow up again and the recruiter says "oh sorry, I didn't realize they had emailed me. Unfortunately, you didn't get the position." Blah blah, at that point I was relieved because they would have never bothered to call/inform me.

***UPDATE: It's been a month, to date, since I interviewed. The recruiter just now emailed me saying I didn't get the position. Had I never called, I would have waited for forever to know whether or not I got the job. Not efficient and not a "week and half" like I was originally told.

Interview Question – Why did you choose this position, its not a glamorous position?
Tell me about a time you failed.
  View Answer

Technical Service Representative Interview

Technical Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Demandforce.

Interview Details – I applied for the position, received a call 2-3 weeks later, talked about my background, scheduled an appointment w/ hiring manager. No call back.

Interview Question – Nothing, very general questions about myself and what the company was about. I didn't like about the lack of communication between me and the recruiters. I talked to 2 recruiters which didn't respond to emails in a timely manner. The official interview took 2 weeks to be made.   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Sales Development Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Demandforce in December 2013.

Interview Details – You initially get a call from a recruiter, the Recruiter who contacted me was obviously overwhelmed, from the first initial call to the day of the interview. she did not have time to talk with me before or show me around, which she said she would if I showed up 10 minutes earlier. Long story short, not the company for me.

Interview Question – The mock cold call was intense. Be prepared for any type of random company they may say you are calling from.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Demandforce in January 2014.

Interview Details – First round interview was with three managers: two National Sales Manager and a Sales Development Manager. The second round consisted of presenting their product to a group of managers and get them to close through objections. Then they sat me down and asked a round of questions about my background.

Interview Question – Nothing asked was unexpected. To move forward in the interview process they want you to show a lot of energy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Base + commission

Worked for Demandforce? Contribute to the Community!