Demandforce Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Demandforce in April 2013.

For the AE role, you initially have a face to face sit down with three regional managers. Very casual. Recruiter tells you to "close" each interviewer before they leave the room to secure final interview which is a product presentation role play.

Interview Questions
    • Being able to handle objections during the role play with 7-8 managers in room (not a piece of cake)   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Demandforce in August 2014.

Two interviews: First was an hour long in person interview with three managers (20 min each). Be prepared to speak specifically about your sales experience and challenges you have overcome in sales. Second interview is a 15 minute sales pitch to about 8 managers. Do some research on the product so you can answer basic questions. However, the main focus to find out if you can sell and how you handle objections. Close, close, close.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your day to day objectives at your current position.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Demandforce.

I was contacted by a recruiter. We talked for about 30 minutes, told me she thinks the position would be a great fit and scheduled an in person interview with 3 of the hiring managers. I was very specific about what vertical i was most interested in because of my background. I spoke with 3 hiring managers 2 from the vertical I was most interested in and one from another vertical. Met with each of them for about 20 minutes. Each person asked and built on the questions I previously answered. I was then told what the next steps would be if they felt it would be a good next step. I was contacted the same day and asked to come in for a more formal presentation in front of the hiring managers. In this presentation it is very important to ask probing questions and find the true decision maker and drill into what they are most interested in. After the presentation they told me that they would get back to me by the end of day with their decision.

Lead Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Demandforce in January 2014.

Spoke with a recruiter at a career fair and did a phone interview. The phone interview wasn't too bad. We went over my resume and the recruiter asked why I wanted a career in sales. After the phone interview we scheduled an in-person interview at their office in San Francisco. The building/office is REALLY nice. Start-up culture with dogs and music everywhere. Met with the receptionist and got a tour of the place.

Interviewed with 3 different LDR Managers that focused in 3 different divisions. Pretty much asked the same questions such as "Tell me about yourself" "Have you been in a cold-calling position before". Make sure to mention that you're competitive and driven, but work well on teams! Did a mock call during the 2nd interview. Interviewer gave me some pointers on how to approach the conversation (cause I don't have a lot of sales background) and the conversation wasn't too bad. At the end of the mock-call, the interviewer gave me a lot of feedback that was really helpful.

Less than a week later I got a call from one of the LDR Managers asking me to join their team!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want a career in sales? What have you done to prepare yourself for a position in sales? Tell me about a challenge you faced.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Demandforce in May 2014.

Applied online through the site indeed. Received a call from a recruiter about 2 weeks later. She informed me about the job position and about the company (selling SaaS to small business owners) I was told that if the company was interested they would contact me within a month or so. I then saw online that the company was having a hiring party for the same position that i applied for about 5 days later. I signed up for the hiring party and had to resubmit a resume and then I received a phone call from a manager at the company. She was great and the call went well so she suggested that I come to the hiring party. I arrived at the party in the San Francisco office and it was packed with at least 80 people. Their was a keg and it felt a little like a frat/house party. They called us into a room in groups of 7 or so and did a version of speed interviews. We were briefly coached up to show "energy" and "ask for the job" and were then sent in. It all felt a little impersonal and slightly unprofessional but I did meet some good people.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked why I wanted to work in the technology industry.   View Answer

Account Executive Entry Level Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Demandforce in June 2014.

1 on 1 phone interview with recruiter (20 to 45 minutes) Recruiter screens you and if they like you they will send your application to top management

Second Phone interview with top management (An hour)

Face to face interview at office (at your expense)

Billing Support Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Demandforce.

After a couple of weeks, I received a call after submission of my application and/or resume online.
    The person who called left a message as I was not available. I called back when I was able to. When I called back, she abruptly told me that she was on her way to a meeting. I gave her the benefit of the doubt thinking this was a possibility, but I suspect there was more to it than that.

When she called back, I found it very odd that during the phone screen interview she all of a sudden put me on hold. After she asked me one of her few questions, I was about to answer then she put RUDELY put me on hold. Next thing, she gets back on the phone only to say she is looking for someone with billing and sales experience. VERY ODD and strange that she asked a question and then put me on hold only to tell me that.

I strongly believe that there was someone who she did NOT mention was listening in on our phone call, which is also why she supposedly was on her way to a "meeting" when I called her back. That other person i suspect (who she did not mention was there in listening in) was not there when I returned her phone call and she could not go on to the phone screen because they weren't there at the time.

Anyhows, regardless of whether or not I had sufficient experience, she informed me that they were not interested. It's okay though because I would NOT want to work for a company who can't even have the decency to be upfront and let me know if someone was there listening in the phone screen and guiding her as to whether or not they thought I was qualified, which I was.

Lastly, they had my resume and cover letter, and why bother to call me if you don't think I'm qualified. I wrote a very detailed resume. Obviously, your recruiting system/personnel is lacking in professionalism and skills to identify a qualified person and the ability to NOT waste MY time. I hope to God they don't call again as they will just waste my time once again!

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. I know I was qualified otherwise I would not have applied. Demandforce Inc./Intuit's loss because that job description was very similar to what I my resume outlined and with my level of customer service and sales experience,....HUGE HUGE mistake on their part.   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Demandforce.

I went through a recruiter screen + hiring manager phone screen + 4 person onsite (pm's) + 3 person onsite (designer, engineer, dir of prod). Lots of standard product design questions around products that are familiar to the histories of their pm's.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the next feature you'd build for our postcards feature?   Answer Question

Technical Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Demandforce in January 2014.

I applied online, and was contacted by a recruiter within a couple of days. You go through an initial phone screening with a recruiter, then a hiring manager. I was invited to an in-person interview within 5 days with 4 more managers. Make sure you contact the recruiter regarding your status. They may keep you in limbo.

Interview Questions
    • What special attribute did you bring to your previous, or current employer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Demandforce in March 2014.

Was initally contacted by an HR rep for the company after submitting my resume on their website. Basic background interview, led to an in person interviews with 3 different hiring managers, 20 minutes eachs. The final stage is an presentation of the product to 8-10 managers.

Interview Questions
    • Presenting Demandforce product to a dental practice: Interviewer says: My practice is located in a small rural town or is right next to an elderly care facility--implying that what is the value of demandforce if many of the clients might not use mobile communicatons etc.   View Answer
    • Presenting Demandforce to a dental practice: Interviewer says they are a new dental practice, have only been open about a year. IE: there main concern is not follow up appointment reminders or calendar bookings for existing clients but the presenter should focus more on the marketing side of the product.   Answer Question

Worked for Demandforce? Contribute to the Community!