Demandforce

Updated Nov 26, 2014
Updated Nov 26, 2014

Technical Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Demandforce in November 2014.

Was called for a phone interview first 2 weeks after submitting my resume. Lasted about 15 minutes & was contacted again for an in person interview. Total time between interviews was less than a week.

LDR Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Demandforce.

After a call with the recruiter, you will interview in person with 3 different managers, 20 minutes each. In addition to the onsite interviews you will tour the building as well as make a role play call to a manager in another part of the building playing the part of your lead. Be sure to ask plenty of questions as they are very easy to talk to and straightforward. Recommend having a clear sense of the position when chatting with the recruiter. The interview/hiring process is fast and the LDR role is an entry level position, but its not for everyone. Try your best to have a realistic idea of what youre getting into.

Interview Questions
    • Will be asked to perform a mock sales call. You will call a manager who is in another part of the building and attempt to set up an appointment for the business owner (manager) to view a web demo of a software solution. Must overcome the basic objections: I dont have time...How much...Send me some info and Ill look it over, etc.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Demandforce.

I was contacted by a recruiter. We talked for about 30 minutes, told me she thinks the position would be a great fit and scheduled an in person interview with 3 of the hiring managers. I was very specific about what vertical i was most interested in because of my background. I spoke with 3 hiring managers 2 from the vertical I was most interested in and one from another vertical. Met with each of them for about 20 minutes. Each person asked and built on the questions I previously answered. I was then told what the next steps would be if they felt it would be a good next step. I was contacted the same day and asked to come in for a more formal presentation in front of the hiring managers. In this presentation it is very important to ask probing questions and find the true decision maker and drill into what they are most interested in. After the presentation they told me that they would get back to me by the end of day with their decision.

Sales Development Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Demandforce in August 2014.

I filled in an application via linkedin, and I was contacted almost immediately after. I ended up having two phone screens by recruiters who then directed me to the actual interview itself. They gave me a description of the process which would be 3 20 minute back to back interviews, and within that I would have to make a cold call during the interview.

Flash forwards about a week later, and I went in for the actual interview. The first round was actually really enjoyable, and the person interviewing gave me some feedback for the actual cold call itself. From there, I proceeded to have the second round where unfortunately I didn't actually close the cold call. The product you sell is extremely vague, and you have to be able to close the deal right there. Unfortunately (fortunately in the long run), I couldn't close, and I think it was from that point onwards the interview more or less ended. The person interviewing me, lost any sense of enthusiasm, and I could see from that point onwards she didn't want me there. I'd say from there, the questions also got I'd say a bit more one-sided, the interviewer I could tell would not work for me. The second person questioned my energy levels, my previous experiences, and then after it finished she left. Once the third person came in, and found out I didn't pass the call he pretty much lost interest as well.

I feel that if you are going to do something with this type of format, you should simply start off with the cold call, and from there see if you'd want the person or not. Also, for what it's worth I get that you guys have been working there longer, but please don't look down on potential employees just because they couldn't close their first live cold call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Demandforce in August 2014.

Two interviews: First was an hour long in person interview with three managers (20 min each). Be prepared to speak specifically about your sales experience and challenges you have overcome in sales. Second interview is a 15 minute sales pitch to about 8 managers. Do some research on the product so you can answer basic questions. However, the main focus to find out if you can sell and how you handle objections. Close, close, close.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your day to day objectives at your current position.   View Answer

Account Executive Entry Level Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Demandforce in June 2014.

1 on 1 phone interview with recruiter (20 to 45 minutes) Recruiter screens you and if they like you they will send your application to top management

Second Phone interview with top management (An hour)

Face to face interview at office (at your expense)

Billing Support Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Demandforce.

After a couple of weeks, I received a call after submission of my application and/or resume online.
    The person who called left a message as I was not available. I called back when I was able to. When I called back, she abruptly told me that she was on her way to a meeting. I gave her the benefit of the doubt thinking this was a possibility, but I suspect there was more to it than that.

When she called back, I found it very odd that during the phone screen interview she all of a sudden put me on hold. After she asked me one of her few questions, I was about to answer then she put RUDELY put me on hold. Next thing, she gets back on the phone only to say she is looking for someone with billing and sales experience. VERY ODD and strange that she asked a question and then put me on hold only to tell me that.

I strongly believe that there was someone who she did NOT mention was listening in on our phone call, which is also why she supposedly was on her way to a "meeting" when I called her back. That other person i suspect (who she did not mention was there in listening in) was not there when I returned her phone call and she could not go on to the phone screen because they weren't there at the time.

Anyhows, regardless of whether or not I had sufficient experience, she informed me that they were not interested. It's okay though because I would NOT want to work for a company who can't even have the decency to be upfront and let me know if someone was there listening in the phone screen and guiding her as to whether or not they thought I was qualified, which I was.

Lastly, they had my resume and cover letter, and why bother to call me if you don't think I'm qualified. I wrote a very detailed resume. Obviously, your recruiting system/personnel is lacking in professionalism and skills to identify a qualified person and the ability to NOT waste MY time. I hope to God they don't call again as they will just waste my time once again!

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. I know I was qualified otherwise I would not have applied. Demandforce Inc./Intuit's loss because that job description was very similar to what I my resume outlined and with my level of customer service and sales experience,....HUGE HUGE mistake on their part.   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Demandforce.

I went through a recruiter screen + hiring manager phone screen + 4 person onsite (pm's) + 3 person onsite (designer, engineer, dir of prod). Lots of standard product design questions around products that are familiar to the histories of their pm's.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the next feature you'd build for our postcards feature?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Demandforce in May 2014.

Applied online through the site indeed. Received a call from a recruiter about 2 weeks later. She informed me about the job position and about the company (selling SaaS to small business owners) I was told that if the company was interested they would contact me within a month or so. I then saw online that the company was having a hiring party for the same position that i applied for about 5 days later. I signed up for the hiring party and had to resubmit a resume and then I received a phone call from a manager at the company. She was great and the call went well so she suggested that I come to the hiring party. I arrived at the party in the San Francisco office and it was packed with at least 80 people. Their was a keg and it felt a little like a frat/house party. They called us into a room in groups of 7 or so and did a version of speed interviews. We were briefly coached up to show "energy" and "ask for the job" and were then sent in. It all felt a little impersonal and slightly unprofessional but I did meet some good people.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked why I wanted to work in the technology industry.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

The interview was tough. It's a two-stage the interview process and initial short or set of interviews then a group interview where you were meant to propose the product to a prospective business. Be sure to close and don't give up. It's not easy and it's not for the faint hearted.

Interview Questions
    • The questions can be unexpected so be in your best and don't let them tip your scale.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. It's a standard contract with commissions and the offers are given to all account executives as it does take it or leave it.