Demandforce Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015

Lead Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Demandforce.

Interview

1. Phone screen with recruiter: basic (easy) questions 2. In-person: met with 3 managers of different verticals for 15 mins/each Each manager had completely different interview styles and demeanor. I honestly thought all three crossed the line of being confident to being completely arrogant. I didn't like the vibe that I got from the managers during the interview. The interviews seemed more like an interrogation, rather than a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Q: What drives you to be successful? Q. Are you competitive? Q: Why sales? Why Demandforce? Q: Tell me a time you failed? *You will also have to do a brief mock sales call with another manager. Advice: be confident, listen to their instructions, take the criticism well.   Answer Question

Sales & Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Demandforce (New York, NY).

Interview

Very poor hr team. Everyone I met did not seem to be that intelligent. Asked me very basic questions. I ended up not getting an offer from them, but getting an offer from Google because they value intelligence. Demandforce values if you are willing to work non stop for very little money. They make you do some foolish practice sales call. Those are skills that can be taught to anyone. It's better to interview people to see if they are a good candidate, not if they can harass a small business owner into listening to your sales pitch.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Demandforce (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very pleasant interview process. Had an initial in person interview followed by a 5-hour technical interview, during which I gave a presentation, met with 4 people, and worked on some problem-solving. Pretty standard, I suppose. Everyone seemed very genuine and interested in what I had to say. Questions were all well thought-out and very relevant to what you would be expected to know in this role.

Technical Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Demandforce (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Was called for a phone interview first 2 weeks after submitting my resume. Lasted about 15 minutes & was contacted again for an in person interview. Total time between interviews was less than a week.

Lead Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Demandforce (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

One phone screen/interview which leads to one in-person interview with 3 different people that 20 minutes each. In-person interview consists of a mock call which you need to try and schedule a demo on the phone, overcoming typical objections. First person comes in and asks you some questions, second person listens in on the mock calls and gives you feedback and helps you prepare a bit. This is to determine if you're coachable or not. Third person asks you some more questions and then you're done.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

LDR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Demandforce.

Interview

After a call with the recruiter, you will interview in person with 3 different managers, 20 minutes each. In addition to the onsite interviews you will tour the building as well as make a role play call to a manager in another part of the building playing the part of your lead. Be sure to ask plenty of questions as they are very easy to talk to and straightforward. Recommend having a clear sense of the position when chatting with the recruiter. The interview/hiring process is fast and the LDR role is an entry level position, but its not for everyone. Try your best to have a realistic idea of what youre getting into.

Interview Questions

• Will be asked to perform a mock sales call. You will call a manager who is in another part of the building and attempt to set up an appointment for the business owner (manager) to view a web demo of a software solution. Must overcome the basic objections: I dont have time...How much...Send me some info and Ill look it over, etc.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Demandforce.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. We talked for about 30 minutes, told me she thinks the position would be a great fit and scheduled an in person interview with 3 of the hiring managers. I was very specific about what vertical i was most interested in because of my background. I spoke with 3 hiring managers 2 from the vertical I was most interested in and one from another vertical. Met with each of them for about 20 minutes. Each person asked and built on the questions I previously answered. I was then told what the next steps would be if they felt it would be a good next step. I was contacted the same day and asked to come in for a more formal presentation in front of the hiring managers. In this presentation it is very important to ask probing questions and find the true decision maker and drill into what they are most interested in. After the presentation they told me that they would get back to me by the end of day with their decision.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Demandforce in August 2014.

Interview

I filled in an application via linkedin, and I was contacted almost immediately after. I ended up having two phone screens by recruiters who then directed me to the actual interview itself. They gave me a description of the process which would be 3 20 minute back to back interviews, and within that I would have to make a cold call during the interview. Flash forwards about a week later, and I went in for the actual interview. The first round was actually really enjoyable, and the person interviewing gave me some feedback for the actual cold call itself. From there, I proceeded to have the second round where unfortunately I didn't actually close the cold call. The product you sell is extremely vague, and you have to be able to close the deal right there. Unfortunately (fortunately in the long run), I couldn't close, and I think it was from that point onwards the interview more or less ended. The person interviewing me, lost any sense of enthusiasm, and I could see from that point onwards she didn't want me there. I'd say from there, the questions also got I'd say a bit more one-sided, the interviewer I could tell would not work for me. The second person questioned my energy levels, my previous experiences, and then after it finished she left. Once the third person came in, and found out I didn't pass the call he pretty much lost interest as well. I feel that if you are going to do something with this type of format, you should simply start off with the cold call, and from there see if you'd want the person or not. Also, for what it's worth I get that you guys have been working there longer, but please don't look down on potential employees just because they couldn't close their first live cold call.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Demandforce (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Two interviews: First was an hour long in person interview with three managers (20 min each). Be prepared to speak specifically about your sales experience and challenges you have overcome in sales. Second interview is a 15 minute sales pitch to about 8 managers. Do some research on the product so you can answer basic questions. However, the main focus to find out if you can sell and how you handle objections. Close, close, close.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your day to day objectives at your current position.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Demandforce in June 2014.

Interview

1 on 1 phone interview with recruiter (20 to 45 minutes) Recruiter screens you and if they like you they will send your application to top management Second Phone interview with top management (An hour) Face to face interview at office (at your expense)