Demandware Interview Questions

2.9

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Demandware.

The process consisted of a phone interview with a recruiter and an on-site with technical people. The recruiter reminded me of a used car salesman and had very poor communication skills and clearly did not understand what it is that they were looking for or what they do there.

The technical interview was surprising because there were no real technical questions that one would expect for this type of role. I was not sure what to think as there are usually a few different reasons for such poor hiring process and none of them are any good. My overall impression was that this company was struggling to cope with change and could not hold onto good talent. I suspect that the usual issues with old guard fighting change and new talent does want to deal with constant battle.

The company felt like there were internal issues and I was not willing to take the risk to find out how bad it is.

Leadership Position for Software Dev Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Demandware in January 2014.

After initial phone conversation with recruiter - things went cold for months 4 months - without any information from the company.

Then went in for f2f interview ...
    * The person scheduled for interview was not avail, others filled in the spot - the interviewers were nice, courteous & knowledgeable
    * Interviewers were interested (understandable so) about my thoughts on SDLC, my experiences, achievements, were not really interested in any technical aspects (not that position called for hands-on, but being engineers in tech world, I expected some amount of tech questions - I asked them many tech questions & bounced alternative ideas)
    * Hiring manager was busy so had to interview in pieces & did not seem like a coherent line of questions
    * Things went cold again after interview - had to remind, then I was told, I'll be moving on to next rounds of in-person interview, but a week later (again had to remind) was told - that's not the case - all the while no feedback.

In summary:
    * Utterly dis-organized process
    * Non-responsive recruiting, hiring management team
    * Confusing indications about next steps
    * No feedback during the process unless you take initiative

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, interviewers were nice & knowledable   Answer Question

Tech Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woburn, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Demandware in March 2009.

Interview process was short and straight to the point. I interviewed two people on my future team as well as the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to recall some event in my life where I had to use problem-solving skills to figure something out.   View Answer
    The offer I received was competitive and I did not negotiate much.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Demandware.

Interviews were pleasant and technically challenging, but did not get mired down in trivial details. Company was aggressive about checking status along the way and gave a competitive offer. Executive level interview was probably the most challenging, surprisingly. Felt comfortable at all steps along the way and was never left wondering for too long what the next step would be.

Mobile Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woburn, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Demandware in October 2010.

Contacted by the recruiter within a couple of days of submitting my resume. The recruiter was very knowledgeable about the company and role and had a comfortable, engaging interview style. We explored the details of the role, and although it was a pretty good fit for both of us, salary was not in line with my expectations. With just a little coaxing, the recruiter provided the salary range first (fairly wide), offering me the chance to say that mine was above the range. We explored my background further and the recruiter offered that other (sales engineering) roles would be most likely be opening soon and I would be a strong candidate for those.

Senior Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Demandware in February 2014.

- straight forward interview process;
    - well set up and conducted;
    - good mix of technical and personal questions;
    - all together 3 interviews, of which 2 telephone/skype and 1 personal;
    - constantly "open communication" and feedback;

Customer Success Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Demandware in February 2014.

I got contacted by an external recruiter. After 6 interviews (5 phone interviews, 1 in person) it was clear that they wanted to hire me but they would not want to pay the salary I told them at the very beginning of the hiring process. The process got stuck and they would not provide me with any further information about the status. When they gave their last offer I asked for other benefits to compensate for the lower salary. Then any communication stopped and they would not provide any feedback even though I contacted several people involved asking for such. I have never experienced something like that and am still wondering why such an employer would just stop any communication after a lengthy process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult customer situation and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Demandware in November 2011.

This company contacted me by email. They said they would contact me and asked for possible interview times. No one contacted me, so I contacted them. This happened three times. Then, they said the file got lost in the cracks because someone else was supposed to contact me. I had a phone interview with a recruiter and he couldn't answer any of my questions about the position or the company. Another recruiter called me and I had the same interview over again, but at least she could answer the questions. This recruiter asked for interview times for me so I speak with the hiring manager and she never got back to me. I sent an email to follow up. She called me and asked if I had the interview yet. I told her no because she never set it up. I finally had the interview which went well, and I was told that they wanted me to have a second interview within 2 weeks. I gave them my availability as requested. The didn't follow up. I contacted them again and didn't hear back. At that point, there were way too many warning signs about from the lack of communication and not being able to keep track of their candidates that this is not a place I would want to work.

Interview Questions

Worked for Demandware? Contribute to the Community!