Dematic

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dematic in October 2014.

The process started with a phone screen with some of the senior members of the team. During the phone screen the questions were mostly focused on personality, goals, and light technical questions. The second interview was on-site and included about 7 members of the team. The team was excellent. They seemed to mesh very well and you could tell they were a great work family. Each person on the team had a copy of my resume and asked questions. There was a simple whiteboard problem and a few definitions, but most of the interview was based on my experience, motives, and ability to fit in with the team.

Interview Questions
    • There were no terribly difficult questions, but remember to brush up on the basic definitions of the languages on your resume.   Answer Question

I had other offers to compare with Dematic and one of the other offers was better for our family. Absolutely nothing Dematic could have done. Dematic's offer was very competitive and there was no negotiating necessary to be offered what I believed I was worth.

Electoral Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dematic in October 2013.

I met with Dematic at the Grand Valley State University career fair in the fall and about two weeks later was put in a phone interview. The phone interview was a conference call with multiple employees asking me questions. The conference call started off with a really bad connection, so I would suggest using a land line phone if possible.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. They asked about my senior design project and several skills I had mentioned in my resume.   Answer Question

Controls Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dematic in January 2012.

Someone from Human Resources contacted me to schedule a phone interview. There were three managers in phone interview asking mostly about my resume and previous work as well as behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your internship experience.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your experience with ControLogic and Industrial network.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dematic in January 2012.

The hiring process is a two step process. They first do a technical phone interview and then they do a face to face interview. They are very big on personality, so if you have a poor one you might not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you basic CS questions and have you write out the ping pong test or something similar.   Answer Question
    They mail you a offer letter and you can either accept or try to negotiate.

Mechanical Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dematic in September 2011.

I was hired in Australia in our Sydney Office via an online advertisement that a recruiter had put out. I first had a 1:1 meeting with the recruiter after I spoke briefly with him on the phone. He put together a summry about me for the employer to weigh up. I got an interview a few days later 1:1 with the potential manager and get walked through the company. There were a few other people that were further down the interview process for the position so i was never a definite choice for the position (since I only had an engineering science degree at the time of interview and i was 21). I was offered a 2nd interview a week and a half later with the manager, department head and one of the other employees, when the initial candidates did not fit well with their psychometric testing. I was up against one other person who was well qualified for the position with 5 years experience in mechanical engineering. They still got me to go into do a 4 hour psychometric test which gave them a 12 page report on my personality, temperament, IQ, and how they could manage me. They gave the position to the other candidate, but because my scores were so high and I was going to be finishing an engineering degree part time if they gave me a full time position, they made an identical role and offer me the position. I started working there 3 weeks later. When I transferred to the US, I was refered by my CEO and Department manager and got a phone interview with my now current manager. They then flew me over here for a week to scope out the place, see if I like the set up and look for apartments, and then I signed the contract a few months later.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years or 10 years? I never really looked to the future so much so this was a hard question for me but it is getting easier as I try different roles and hear of other job opportunities.   Answer Question
    I didn't really negotiate. I was given comparable pay as the guy with 5 years experience (mainly because I had AutoCAD drafting skills at the same or better level). I was given a contract and I signed it when I saw the pay.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dematic in June 2011.

you pretty much dealing with your future boss when you on interview call. After the initial HR screening call, you will get a call from your future perspective manager discussing your past experience and the applied job expectations. If everything goes well than you go in for a panel interview consist of 4~5 managers of the department. where they all will ask you questions from technical to normal interview question such as what was your major weakness or major accomplishments from the past job.

Interview Questions
    • what you need to improve yourself in terms of technical and personal   View Answer
    not a good time in term of economy for negotiation, they dont give signing bonus. offer package is decent compare to the industry.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Dematic in August 2009.

Standard process for interviewing. Met with multiple team members on a given day. The 2nd interview was with more senior members of the team. A final meeting with the hiring manager resulted in a candid discussion on the job and salary requirements.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were around proving the value delivered to my current organization. Without any supporting data in an interview it is tough to convey complex scenarios of contribution / effort and organizational value.   Answer Question

Low ball offer, even after a candid discussion on salary requirements. Hiring manager had an ego too large for him or the company.