Dematic

Relevance Date Difficulty

Electoral Engineer Interview

Electoral Engineer
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dematic in October 2013.

Interview Details – I met with Dematic at the Grand Valley State University career fair in the fall and about two weeks later was put in a phone interview. The phone interview was a conference call with multiple employees asking me questions. The conference call started off with a really bad connection, so I would suggest using a land line phone if possible.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. They asked about my senior design project and several skills I had mentioned in my resume.   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Senior Account Manager
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Dematic in August 2009.

Interview Details – Standard process for interviewing. Met with multiple team members on a given day. The 2nd interview was with more senior members of the team. A final meeting with the hiring manager resulted in a candid discussion on the job and salary requirements.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions were around proving the value delivered to my current organization. Without any supporting data in an interview it is tough to convey complex scenarios of contribution / effort and organizational value.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low ball offer, even after a candid discussion on salary requirements. Hiring manager had an ego too large for him or the company.

Mechanical Systems Engineer II Interview

Mechanical Systems Engineer II
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dematic in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired in Australia in our Sydney Office via an online advertisement that a recruiter had put out. I first had a 1:1 meeting with the recruiter after I spoke briefly with him on the phone. He put together a summry about me for the employer to weigh up. I got an interview a few days later 1:1 with the potential manager and get walked through the company. There were a few other people that were further down the interview process for the position so i was never a definite choice for the position (since I only had an engineering science degree at the time of interview and i was 21). I was offered a 2nd interview a week and a half later with the manager, department head and one of the other employees, when the initial candidates did not fit well with their psychometric testing. I was up against one other person who was well qualified for the position with 5 years experience in mechanical engineering. They still got me to go into do a 4 hour psychometric test which gave them a 12 page report on my personality, temperament, IQ, and how they could manage me. They gave the position to the other candidate, but because my scores were so high and I was going to be finishing an engineering degree part time if they gave me a full time position, they made an identical role and offer me the position. I started working there 3 weeks later. When I transferred to the US, I was refered by my CEO and Department manager and got a phone interview with my now current manager. They then flew me over here for a week to scope out the place, see if I like the set up and look for apartments, and then I signed the contract a few months later.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years or 10 years? I never really looked to the future so much so this was a hard question for me but it is getting easier as I try different roles and hear of other job opportunities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't really negotiate. I was given comparable pay as the guy with 5 years experience (mainly because I had AutoCAD drafting skills at the same or better level). I was given a contract and I signed it when I saw the pay.

Software Engineer I Interview

Software Engineer I
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dematic in January 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process is a two step process. They first do a technical phone interview and then they do a face to face interview. They are very big on personality, so if you have a poor one you might not get the job.

Interview Question – They will ask you basic CS questions and have you write out the ping pong test or something similar.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They mail you a offer letter and you can either accept or try to negotiate.

Controls Engineer I Interview

Controls Engineer I
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dematic in January 2012.

Interview Details – Someone from Human Resources contacted me to schedule a phone interview. There were three managers in phone interview asking mostly about my resume and previous work as well as behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Dematic in June 2011.

Interview Details – you pretty much dealing with your future boss when you on interview call. After the initial HR screening call, you will get a call from your future perspective manager discussing your past experience and the applied job expectations. If everything goes well than you go in for a panel interview consist of 4~5 managers of the department. where they all will ask you questions from technical to normal interview question such as what was your major weakness or major accomplishments from the past job.

Interview Question – what you need to improve yourself in terms of technical and personal   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not a good time in term of economy for negotiation, they dont give signing bonus. offer package is decent compare to the industry.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Dematic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dematic interview questions and advice in Grand Rapids, MI. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dematic employees and interview candidates.