Dematic Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.6

Accounting Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dematic (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Got a call for and interview and went in to meet directly with the manager of the dept. He asked me a lot of questions about my resume and very few situational questions. He explained the company and the position and it was very conversational based got a follow up email after the interview asking for references and GPA (I was a recent college grad) after about a week they emailed back stating the position was filled

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dematic (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

The process started with a phone screen with some of the senior members of the team. During the phone screen the questions were mostly focused on personality, goals, and light technical questions. The second interview was on-site and included about 7 members of the team. The team was excellent. They seemed to mesh very well and you could tell they were a great work family. Each person on the team had a copy of my resume and asked questions. There was a simple whiteboard problem and a few definitions, but most of the interview was based on my experience, motives, and ability to fit in with the team.

Interview Questions

• There were no terribly difficult questions, but remember to brush up on the basic definitions of the languages on your resume.   Answer Question

I had other offers to compare with Dematic and one of the other offers was better for our family. Absolutely nothing Dematic could have done. Dematic's offer was very competitive and there was no negotiating necessary to be offered what I believed I was worth.

Mechanical Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dematic (Orange, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

i applied online and received a call about 4 weeks later from the main headquarters if i was till interested and so i was scheduled for an interview two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing technical really. Only asked about my experience with autocad and basically why i chose to apply for this position and company.   Answer Question

Electoral Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dematic (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

I met with Dematic at the Grand Valley State University career fair in the fall and about two weeks later was put in a phone interview. The phone interview was a conference call with multiple employees asking me questions. The conference call started off with a really bad connection, so I would suggest using a land line phone if possible.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. They asked about my senior design project and several skills I had mentioned in my resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Interview

Phone Interview, then Face to Face Interview

Interview Questions

• Describe the Syntax of Multiple Inheritance in Java   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dematic (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2012.

Interview

I met with three people (Manager, Supervisor and HR). It was pretty typical stuff - tell us about yourself, last job, etc. They were good at drilling down to what I actually had done in the past and pulling out specific tasks. My previous work was in a similar industry so there was a lot of discussion on the industry and how the companies differed.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dematic (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2012.

Interview

The hiring process is a two step process. They first do a technical phone interview and then they do a face to face interview. They are very big on personality, so if you have a poor one you might not get the job.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you basic CS questions and have you write out the ping pong test or something similar.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They mail you a offer letter and you can either accept or try to negotiate.

Controls Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dematic (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2012.

Interview

Someone from Human Resources contacted me to schedule a phone interview. There were three managers in phone interview asking mostly about my resume and previous work as well as behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your internship experience.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your experience with ControLogic and Industrial network.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Berlin, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dematic (New Berlin, WI) in November 2011.

Interview

After my recruiter vetted me, there was a phone screen by an Engineering Manager which included general C language programming questions, followed by in person interview with a project lead engineer and HR. The topic of extensive onsite travel for both installations and support is brought up and being unwilling to travel is clearly a deal breaker. They were looking for personality types that were open, friendly and team players and the fact that I was able to hold my end of the conversation helped me - I ended up working under the manager that interviewed me and also have done several projects with the lead engineer that interviewed me. They want outgoing people who can interact and build bridges in face to face contact with the customers, so you must be able to demonstrate that soft skillset!

Interview Questions

• In C language, what is the difference between call by reference and call by value.   Answer Question

Mechanical Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dematic (Grand Rapids, MI) in September 2011.

Interview

I was hired in Australia in our Sydney Office via an online advertisement that a recruiter had put out. I first had a 1:1 meeting with the recruiter after I spoke briefly with him on the phone. He put together a summry about me for the employer to weigh up. I got an interview a few days later 1:1 with the potential manager and get walked through the company. There were a few other people that were further down the interview process for the position so i was never a definite choice for the position (since I only had an engineering science degree at the time of interview and i was 21). I was offered a 2nd interview a week and a half later with the manager, department head and one of the other employees, when the initial candidates did not fit well with their psychometric testing. I was up against one other person who was well qualified for the position with 5 years experience in mechanical engineering. They still got me to go into do a 4 hour psychometric test which gave them a 12 page report on my personality, temperament, IQ, and how they could manage me. They gave the position to the other candidate, but because my scores were so high and I was going to be finishing an engineering degree part time if they gave me a full time position, they made an identical role and offer me the position. I started working there 3 weeks later. When I transferred to the US, I was refered by my CEO and Department manager and got a phone interview with my now current manager. They then flew me over here for a week to scope out the place, see if I like the set up and look for apartments, and then I signed the contract a few months later.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years or 10 years? I never really looked to the future so much so this was a hard question for me but it is getting easier as I try different roles and hear of other job opportunities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate. I was given comparable pay as the guy with 5 years experience (mainly because I had AutoCAD drafting skills at the same or better level). I was given a contract and I signed it when I saw the pay.