DemonWare

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at DemonWare

Interview Details – One online coding test and One phone call interview. The second interview will ask you a list of technical question, Their main focus is C++, SQL, linux command. I think the question is not super hard, but it is better for you to prep for it.

Interview Question – How to create a class only have one object:
Answer: make the constructor private.

The questions about the hash table
  Answer Question

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at DemonWare in May 2014.

Interview Details – Only one interview for an internship at the Vancouver, BC office. Before the interview, we had to take a Codility test which short-listed applicants.

It was an hour interview, asking questions regarding OOP, C++, Python, SQL, the Linux environment and its terminal, and one networking question. At the end, they also told you the results of the Codility test.

Interview Question – Is Python pass-by-reference or pass-by-value?   View Answer

Software Games Engineer Interview

Software Games Engineer
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DemonWare in April 2013.

Interview Details – I got contacted from the recruiter. This position is required to take many business trips to the companies in California. After the resume screening, I first did the phone interview to go through series of questions and answers in the category of c++, networking, sql, unix command and python. Then I got invited to their site for a group interview for about an hour with a whiteboard session.

Interview Question – During the phone interview, they asked the question like TCP/UDP difference, reference counting, stack and heap difference, virtual, sql injection, deadlock, encryption and compression, volitile, atoi. They asked how to loops and convert them into recursion.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DemonWare in December 2012.

Interview Details – The process had 3 main stages: phone-basics + background check (+salary question), second was another call with one of their engineers (still basic but more technical), last one is a 1:1 about two hours with a break. First part checks your pure knowledge and the second is rather problem solving/experience related.

Interview Question – I wasn't really ready to provide a linked-list implementation in python (Be ready to answer what are they good for and how compare to lists ... etc.).
Second question that got me was some sort of python golf with - "what will the output be" question. It was involving zip-ing iterators only problems was that iterators got created using "*" multiplication operator so de-facto it was one-same iterator.

Both ware nothing extremely tricky - I was not really ready.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not that smooth and easy - but I consider it went successful

Live Ops Engineer Interview

Live Ops Engineer
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at DemonWare.

Interview Details – Several phone interviews: initial screening with technical recruiter followed by phone calls with managers. The questions were very general, such as what is the most challenging thing I have ever accomplished, or where I see myself in five years time.

On-site technical interview with managers and other engineers.

The recruiter called me several times to explain at which stage I was at, however the whole hiring process was a bit messy (possibly due to the fact that many people are getting interviewed/hired at the same time).

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the starting date and the relocation package. However I could not negotiate the salary.

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DemonWare.

Interview Details – Phone interview, questions on personal projects, c++, databases, and other things that I can't remember.

Interview Question – What are virtual functions?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DemonWare in February 2012.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone screening which went really well. The HR was impressed and said I can expect a tech interview soon. 2 weeks later and there was no news,

So, I called them to find out what was the situation and then she said she will ask the tech team to set up an interview. 3 days later, I had my tech interview with another woman. I feel this went pretty well, with me answering atleast 80% of the questions. The interviewer like me too. They said they ll get back in a week.

Same thing..2 weeks and no news. I mailed them. No reply. I called them twice and left a voicemail still to non avail. When I left a voicemail a third time, they replied by mail saying they wouldntbe moving forward with me.

No reasons..nothing. I am not sure what went wrong. Or how the interview process works here. But this thing really turned me off.

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself   View Answers (2)

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at DemonWare in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewing for an internship and the process was quite simple. The one-on-one interview consisted of some questions on C++ (object oriented features, memory allocation and leaks), SQL (primary keys, injection) and networking (general protocol knowledge). There was a very simple coding question at the end. It pays to know some Python too, but being good at any two of these things is a good idea.

Interview Question – What is a virtual function in C++?   Answer Question

Worked for DemonWare? Contribute to the Community!