DemonWare Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2014

3.2

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at DemonWare (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through university co-op program. Did online assessment, then selected for onsite interview at their vancouver office. The interview was pretty easy, lots of basic knowledge based questions. Their office is cool!

Interview Questions

• Somethings about virtual functions in C++, long time since I used c++, so said I don't know   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Had to complete a 90 minute online coding test for screening, followed by an onsite interview which lasted 60 minutes. The on site interview includes database, c++, python, unix and networking questions along with a whiteboard coding question. Feedback is given a few days after the interview process which details points to improve on. Preparing for questions before the interview definitely helps.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at DemonWare in October 2014.

Interview

a 90-minute programming test + a one-hour phone interview. asked lots of questions about C++, OO concepts, sql, linux. at the end of the programming i had to write some code

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

One online coding test and One phone call interview. The second interview will ask you a list of technical question, Their main focus is C++, SQL, linux command. I think the question is not super hard, but it is better for you to prep for it.

Interview Questions

• How to create a class only have one object:
      Answer: make the constructor private.

The questions about the hash table

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at DemonWare (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

Only one interview for an internship at the Vancouver, BC office. Before the interview, we had to take a Codility test which short-listed applicants.

It was an hour interview, asking questions regarding OOP, C++, Python, SQL, the Linux environment and its terminal, and one networking question. At the end, they also told you the results of the Codility test.

Interview Questions

• Is Python pass-by-reference or pass-by-value?   1 Answer

Live Ops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at DemonWare (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Several phone interviews: initial screening with technical recruiter followed by phone calls with managers. The questions were very general, such as what is the most challenging thing I have ever accomplished, or where I see myself in five years time.

On-site technical interview with managers and other engineers.

The recruiter called me several times to explain at which stage I was at, however the whole hiring process was a bit messy (possibly due to the fact that many people are getting interviewed/hired at the same time).

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the starting date and the relocation package. However I could not negotiate the salary.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DemonWare.

Interview

Phone interview, questions on personal projects, c++, databases, and other things that I can't remember.

Software Games Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DemonWare (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

I got contacted from the recruiter. This position is required to take many business trips to the companies in California. After the resume screening, I first did the phone interview to go through series of questions and answers in the category of c++, networking, sql, unix command and python. Then I got invited to their site for a group interview for about an hour with a whiteboard session.

Interview Questions

• During the phone interview, they asked the question like TCP/UDP difference, reference counting, stack and heap difference, virtual, sql injection, deadlock, encryption and compression, volitile, atoi. They asked how to loops and convert them into recursion.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DemonWare (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2012.

Interview

The process had 3 main stages: phone-basics + background check (+salary question), second was another call with one of their engineers (still basic but more technical), last one is a 1:1 about two hours with a break. First part checks your pure knowledge and the second is rather problem solving/experience related.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't really ready to provide a linked-list implementation in python (Be ready to answer what are they good for and how compare to lists ... etc.).
      Second question that got me was some sort of python golf with - "what will the output be" question. It was involving zip-ing iterators only problems was that iterators got created using "*" multiplication operator so de-facto it was one-same iterator.

Both ware nothing extremely tricky - I was not really ready.

1 Answer

Negotiation

Not that smooth and easy - but I consider it went successful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at DemonWare (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

I was interviewing for an internship and the process was quite simple. The one-on-one interview consisted of some questions on C++ (object oriented features, memory allocation and leaks), SQL (primary keys, injection) and networking (general protocol knowledge). There was a very simple coding question at the end. It pays to know some Python too, but being good at any two of these things is a good idea.