DemonWare Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

3.4

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at DemonWare (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied through co-op, did an online coding test. Got a tour of the office, then brought to interview room. First, they let you ask questions that you have for the company. Then, it was all technical questions split into several topics: Object oriented programming, python knowledge, linux knowledge, computer networking, and a technical discussion about how to solve a problem. Lots of emphasis on in-depth knowledge of those topics. I am still in university, but the interviewer told me that the set of questions they asked was intended for recent graduates.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between range and xrange in Python?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DemonWare

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DemonWare (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

HR first showed me around their office and then led me to a conference room to wait for interviewer. The interviewer was very kind. Before the interview he explained qutie a lot about the position requested. Most of the questions were technical, about C++, python, Linux command and network.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DemonWare in April 2015.

Interview

I completed a online 90 minutes coding challenge and received a phone interview opportunity after that. The phone interview took about 60 minutes, and asked about SQL, database, data structure, python problem.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Had to complete a 90 minute online coding test for screening, followed by an onsite interview which lasted 60 minutes. The on site interview includes database, c++, python, unix and networking questions along with a whiteboard coding question. Feedback is given a few days after the interview process which details points to improve on. Preparing for questions before the interview definitely helps.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at DemonWare in October 2014.

Interview

a 90-minute programming test + a one-hour phone interview. asked lots of questions about C++, OO concepts, sql, linux. at the end of the programming i had to write some code

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DemonWare (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

Only one interview for an internship at the Vancouver, BC office. Before the interview, we had to take a Codility test which short-listed applicants. It was an hour interview, asking questions regarding OOP, C++, Python, SQL, the Linux environment and its terminal, and one networking question. At the end, they also told you the results of the Codility test.

Interview Questions

• Is Python pass-by-reference or pass-by-value?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DemonWare.

Interview

Phone interview, questions on personal projects, c++, databases, and other things that I can't remember.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DemonWare (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

I was interviewing for an internship and the process was quite simple. The one-on-one interview consisted of some questions on C++ (object oriented features, memory allocation and leaks), SQL (primary keys, injection) and networking (general protocol knowledge). There was a very simple coding question at the end. It pays to know some Python too, but being good at any two of these things is a good idea.