Denali Advanced Integration

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

Systems Analyst - Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Denali Advanced Integration in September 2014.

First interview was a phone interview (technical) it was really easy and short. They just wanted to know what I knew from previous jobs. Second interview was in person lasted about 10 minutes. I hired a few days later.

This was a contract job, I was offered 18.00hr with more hopefully after I get hired after 3 months.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Denali Advanced Integration in June 2013.

I had a recruiting agency help me find the management position at Denali Advanced Integration. During the first interview, I met with the hiring manager and his boss, and was asked an expected assortment of questions. Nothing too surprising (i.e. What's your management style? Have you ever had to fire anyone? How do you feel about change?, etc.)

I came back for a second interview about a week and a half later, and met with two people who I would (potentially) manage. Again, the usual questions were asked - nothing too out of the ordinary.

A few days passed, and the recruiting agency told me that Denali would like to bring me back for a third interview. We had to reschedule twice (once because Denali had a conflict, and once because I had a conflict). Finally, 4 weeks after my first interview, I went back to interview directly with the hiring manager. He wanted to get more specific with how I would handle certain situations - I thought the "dialogue" we had was good, and was happy that he wanted to ask these important questions.

At the end of the interview, he said I'd hear back within 2 days. After I hadn't heard anything by day 3, I contacted the recruiter. He said there wasn't an answer yet. Another 6 days passed and the recruiter told me that he hadn't heard anything back from Denali and it was probably safe to assume that they went with another candidate.

I am okay that I did not receive an offer, but am a little upset that Denali didn't have the decency to contact me themselves (after I drove there three times) to tell me "no." I'd probably brush it off if it was just one interview I had with them - but it was three (in person) interviews. During the interview process, I asked if they have morale events and regular reviews with employees and got blank stares or a "we don't do that, but want to" answer. Made me a little skeptical of their current culture, but perhaps they truly are looking to improve.

They seem like good people with good intentions, but I would be hesitant to recommend any of my professional colleagues seek a position with this company at this point in time. I'm a stickler for over-communcation and respect, and feel that I was short-changed on both accounts.

Interview Questions
    • How do you motivate those you manage? (I appreciate this question, and believe it merits a good answer - just hard to know exactly what they're looking for).   Answer Question

Denali Advanced Integration Response

Oct 7, 2014Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post this feedback - we are always striving to improve any interaction or experience that someone may have with Denali.

It is unfortunate that the interview
    ... More

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Denali Advanced Integration in February 2012.

Applied for a position, but was contacted for a different position. Phone interview followed by 1:1 interview. Both were very brief, and to the point. Very quiet office, but it was a Friday.

Regional Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Denali Advanced Integration in November 2011.

HR moved very quickly and professionally. In this case it was a position they were looking to fill quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Describe two of your strengths and two of your weaknesses.   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with juggling many different tasks at once?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle the more mundane, administrative requirements of a position?   Answer Question

DAI seems like a great place to work, but I received another offer elsewhere that was more in line with my interests and career goals.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Denali Advanced Integration in June 2011.

The interview process was organized and fairly brief. I had one phone interview, then two in person interviews. The staff was friendly and informative.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Denali Advanced Integration in December 2010.

First had a phone interview with an HR recruiter. Was told at the end of the interview that I was being passed on to the next round.

Came in for several hours to do a...
    panel interview with three of the position's supervisors
    panel interview with five of the position's peers
    2 hour skills test: proofreading, budgeting in Excel, and writing.

Called a week later to come meet with a Senior VP. It was more of a meet and greet than an interview.

Asked to fill out paperwork and provide references. References were emailed a form of questions to fill out about the candidate.

Recruitment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Denali Advanced Integration in September 2010.

Online application submitted through "careers" page on website. About two weeks later I was contacted by email by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. The recruiter was pleasant on the phone and asked standard questions. After the phone interview she contacted me by email again to schedule and in-person interview I had an in-person interview. The interview was with the recruiter and the position's direct supervisor.

The office was very nice- modern decor with calming neutral colors.

Interview Questions
    • -What would you do in the case that contractor salary expectations did not fall within the limits that DAI could offer?   Answer Question
    • What most interests you about this position?   Answer Question

Senior International Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Denali Advanced Integration in June 2010.

Started with a phone interview from a recruiter. Then met with a training manager, a potential supervisor, and another professional I would be interacting with.

Interview Questions
    • We want someone who will stay in this position for at least two years. Are you able to stay for at least 2 years?   View Answer
    • What kind of social networking tools do you use?   View Answer
    I made a counter-offer. They responded by including a sign-on bonus, but did not budge on the salary.

Project Management Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Denali Advanced Integration in April 2010.

Standard procedure: Receive a phone call to arrange an in-person interview, later confirmed via email. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of a straight-forward discussion with two people working on the team (a manager and a project coordinator), detailing the duties of the job and how it fit with the applicant's background. The office was impressively modern and clean, and people seemed genuinely happy to be there.

Interview Questions
    • What do you consider your greatest strengths and how would they apply to this position?   Answer Question