Dendreon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Seal Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Dendreon in January 2010.

Interview Details – once contacted by internal recruiter, had face to face interview within 2 days. Had an offer in hand within another 2 days. Total length of time less than 5 working days. Start date was a bit aggressive, wanted me to start immediately, however it was not an issue in this case.

Interview Question – Interview went as expected. no unusual or difficult questions from my perspective.
Seemed to be more of a popularity thing, I asked technical questions, they seemed much more interested in if everyone liked me.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non existent. I came on board in the glory days

QC Associate II Interview

QC Associate II
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dendreon in August 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with a few questions
Call back to schedule on site interview
Get hired

Interview Question – None that I recall   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Manufacturing Associate
Morris Plains, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dendreon in January 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process included talking to three different men. The questions were the typical interview things, nothing too out there or difficult. Was notified of hire pretty quick after. Overall a very simple process.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult or unexpected!   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Vice President of Market Access Interview

Vice President of Market Access
Bridgewater, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dendreon in March 2013.

Interview Details – Convoluted and disorganized. I spoke with 3 different HR representatives and secured an interview. When I arrived I was asked to interview for a completely different position than described previously, with people I was not expecting to see and who were not prepared to meet.

Interview Question – What have you heard about us on the street? What reputation do we have?   Answer Question

Senior QA Specialist II Interview

Senior QA Specialist II
Seal Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dendreon in August 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process with telephone recruiter was very one-sided, with no opportunity or flexibility in negotiations. There was also a delay in hiring me on a promised date, which affected my subsequent bonus structure.

Interview Question – I don't remember specific interview questions, other than the phone screening/initial phone interviews were very vague in places. It wasn't until I received an opportunity to interview face-to-face, that I felt a bit more comfortable with the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very uncomfortable. There was no negotiation on the part of Dendreon. Very "take it or leave it." I wanted the specific experience of working for a start up company for FDA experience, so I accepted the offer.

Quality Control Associate Interview

Quality Control Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Dendreon in July 2011.

Interview Details – Initially I received an email indicating that I would need to contact the recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The recruiter was hard to reach, and cancelled several times before I was finally able to make contact and complete the interview. I scheduled a group interview at the facility, during which time I was interviewed again by phone. Then, I was interviewed by a potential coworker, and supervisor. Finally I was interviewed by the director of my prospective department. I was given instructions to complete a drug screen and a start date in July of that year. Before my start date arrived, I received an email from HR to inform me that the company was on a hiring freeze and that the offer of employment had to be rescinded.

In October of the same year, I received an email from the HR contact to inform me that I had been approved for hire and that I would need to be interviewed again by the potential manager and supervisor of the prospective department. I was interviewed over lunch. 2 weeks later I received an email with instructions on how to access and accept my offer letter, and what to do from there.

Interview Question – Explain the concept of how the luminex works as simply as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was very little room for negotiation of the offer or the schedule.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dendreon in June 2010.

Interview Details – Two phone screenings, then one on one on site, hired two days later.

Negotiation Details – Didn't need to

Clinical/Medical Interview

Clinical/Medical

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dendreon.

Interview Details – Several interviews, quick process

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR was not able to negotiate at all. They were very firm on the offer and could not make any adjustments at all,

Cell Processing Associate Interview

Cell Processing Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dendreon.

Interview Details – Informal due to age and growth of company at the time of interview

Interview Question – Do not recall any   Answer Question

QA Supervisor Interview

QA Supervisor
Seal Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dendreon in September 2012.

Interview Details – Standard questions, nothing technical. They want to make sure that you fit their culture, not that you know what you are doing.

Interview Question – Explain what pH measures   Answer Question

Worked for Dendreon? Contribute to the Community!