Dendreon Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

2.8

Unable to Divulge - Currently Employed Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dendreon (Union City, GA).

Interview

The interview process was wonderful. I met with two individuals in a sit-down meeting. It was moderately casual, yet professional. Both managers made me feel at ease, and asked insightful questions while giving me more information about the company and the position.

Supervisor Interview

Interview

The hiring process was long and drawn out. Seems they are looking for "yes men/women" as opposed to independent thinkers. They do not seem to really look for qualified candidates during the interview process.

Clinical/Medical Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dendreon.

Interview

Several interviews, quick process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR was not able to negotiate at all. They were very firm on the offer and could not make any adjustments at all,

Cell Processing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dendreon.

Interview

Informal due to age and growth of company at the time of interview

Vice President of Market Access Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dendreon (Bridgewater, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

Convoluted and disorganized. I spoke with 3 different HR representatives and secured an interview. When I arrived I was asked to interview for a completely different position than described previously, with people I was not expecting to see and who were not prepared to meet.

Interview Questions

• What have you heard about us on the street? What reputation do we have?   Answer Question

QA Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seal Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dendreon (Seal Beach, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Standard questions, nothing technical. They want to make sure that you fit their culture, not that you know what you are doing.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morris Plains, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dendreon (Morris Plains, NJ).

Interview

3 phone interviews On-Site all day interview Offer letter

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Minimal negotiation

Senior ESystems Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morris Plains, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dendreon (Morris Plains, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

The position was a senior management position troubleshooting operations issues, managing system roll out and upgrades, and reporting directly to corporate for a major new pharma product. Initial communications with the recruiter were always prepared in advance and with warm introductions. Early screening was conducted by phone with two levels of recruiters, followed by a phone interview with the employer hiring manager, followed by 1:1 interviews with the employer panel of co-workers, senior management team, and hiring manager. The company has a cutting edge product and a world-class supply chain operation, driven by a recent upgrade of a major ERP system. Any candidate must be confident in all of those topics to make it to the final round of interviews. The hiring manager flew from Seattle to New Jersey to meet for the interview at the IMF where the position would be based, reporting back to corporate in Seattle, and working with colleagues at other IMFs in the USA. I personally appreciated not having to travel to the employer - especially after I was not offered the position - and they offered to travel to me for the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you automate manual processes in a clinical laboratory in six months or less?   Answer Question

Quality Control Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Dendreon in July 2011.

Interview

Initially I received an email indicating that I would need to contact the recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The recruiter was hard to reach, and cancelled several times before I was finally able to make contact and complete the interview. I scheduled a group interview at the facility, during which time I was interviewed again by phone. Then, I was interviewed by a potential coworker, and supervisor. Finally I was interviewed by the director of my prospective department. I was given instructions to complete a drug screen and a start date in July of that year. Before my start date arrived, I received an email from HR to inform me that the company was on a hiring freeze and that the offer of employment had to be rescinded. In October of the same year, I received an email from the HR contact to inform me that I had been approved for hire and that I would need to be interviewed again by the potential manager and supervisor of the prospective department. I was interviewed over lunch. 2 weeks later I received an email with instructions on how to access and accept my offer letter, and what to do from there.

Interview Questions

• Explain the concept of how the luminex works as simply as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was very little room for negotiation of the offer or the schedule.

QC Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dendreon (Atlanta, GA) in July 2011.

Interview

Since I had primarily worked in academic labs, the interviewers really questioned whether I understood the difference between academic and industry labs. They really wondered if the repetitiveness of quality control was what I wanted since it is different than academia. They mostly talked about the job and did not ask a lot of questions of me.