Denim Group

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.0

Consultant II, Secure Applications Development Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Denim Group.

It was a very easy interview just a basic programming questions. General questions were asked more than technical questions.
    I had to do a programming assignment which was a basic Dynamic programming question. Then an onsite interview was setup after one week with 2 programmers.
    The problem is that the interviewers are recent graduates and unprofessional who don't even know basic knowledge about OOP.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, just a trivial questions about FizzBuzz and Reverse String   Answer Question

Consultant, Applications Development Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Denim Group.

I applied for a job on the denimgroup website, one day later I was contacted by email. I had to fill out a series of questions online (ex: Tell me about your most recent project).

The next step was an online technical assessment, I was given one to two days to complete it.

The final step was an on site interview at their office with 2 senior developers. They asked me about my resume and then had me solve 3 different problems on a white board.

The offer was good for 3 days.

Java Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Denim Group in May 2014.

Applied online. A week later, got an email form the HR asking me to take an untimed online assessment, which has a programming question. After a week, got a request for the skype interview. There are 2 panel members in the interview. I was asked to how did I hear about the job, what do I know about the company and asked to write a code for a simple function. Had a technical problem and requested them to reschedule the interview. Got rescheduled for the next day but my technical issue continued. They said they had to run to meeting and will inform HR about the feedback (I already knew the feedback ). After 2 days, got an email saying that they need more experienced candidates than me.

Program; To display fizz for all multiples of 3, display buzz for all ultiple =s of 5 and display fizzbuzz for all multiples of 3 & 5.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Denim Group in December 2010.

The interview/hiring process consisted of a written skills test and a group interview with two senior consultants.

Skills test: The skills test was primarily open ended and asked some basic questions to test your knowledge of object oriented programming. There was also questions over basic SQL, application security, software testing, and performance testing.

Group interview: The group interview consisted of a fairly casual assessment of my knowledge and past projects. At the end of the interview, you will be asked to write out the pseudocode for a few simple problems.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program to find the n-th fibonacci number, given the number n. What are the pros/cons of your given solution. Are there any other possible implementations?   Answer Question
    • Writing out basic SQL queries with joins and group operations.   Answer Question
    • Write out a test using a testing framework (jUnit, NUnit...). What sort of things would you test for in a unit test and how would you do it?   Answer Question
    There was not negotiation phase. I was being hired as an Associate Consultant and was told that I would be started out at the same amount as every other Associate Consultant.

Software Developer Interview

Applied for an internship and had to take a test before an interview would be scheduled, got a email a couple of days after the test telling me to come in. Interview was with two people basically going over the test and a couple more questions. I'm pretty sure they weren't hiring interns because every question I asked about interning they kind of skipped around and didn't have exact answers.

I get an email saying they decide to go another direction (which I figured since it didn't seem like they were hiring interns in the interview). A couple days later I get an email asking if I would consider a full time position with them, I responded but never got anything back after that.

Interview Questions
    • Fibonacci and finding first repeating char in a string.   Answer Question