Denny's Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

1.9

Server/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Denny's.

Interview

Pretty easy interview wasn't asked anything unusual met with two different managers in the same day was offered job and scheduled orientation the same day then asked what days I can not work

Anonymous Employee in East Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Denny's (East Flagstaff, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

All they really did was give me a paper application, after the boss had looked at me funny, though she was happy enough at the end. I explained that I had applied several times, and wasn't sure if I had applied for several positions, or one position several times over.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask me many questions, I feel I was given the run-around.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brown Deer, WI

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Denny's (Brown Deer, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Filled out app online. Manager called me asked me to come in interview later that day. Asked me to go in for 2nd interview asked me questions got hired at the end.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. You get paid minimum wage for your training. Not allowed any tips. After your negotiation you can get your tips.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Denny's (Moline, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I got a call on a Sunday night a week after I filled the application out. Scheduled a interview for that Monday and I showed up 30mins early took about 7 min to talk to her asked basic things told me to fill out a background check form and that if it came back okay that she wanted to start orientation the next week told me what I need to wear and everything.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Denny's.

Interview

I went to a job hiring agency and filed out an application a few months before it opened, I was interviewed a few minutes after I completed my application. They called me a week later and asked me to pick a date to come in for finalization.

Interview Questions

• The lady interviewing me asked me to sell her pen to her   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Denny's (Temple, TX).

Interview

Very easy intervew process..they ask your previous experience.why Dennys? Can you work holidays?can you work shift work.are you a good teamplayer? How much do you expect to make in a week?what would be a good excuse for being late for your shift?can you multi task well?How you handle a rude customer?what would you do if you got triple sat on a Saturday morning.how well do you work under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Your worst qualities about yourself.lol...mine was i could make a mess...but i always cleaned up after myself.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Interview

Details

Service Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Denny's.

Interview

I was trained in all aspects of the business including server, line cook, dish washer in order to be able to serve Denny's well in the position. The people who conducted my interview were as good as most interviews that I have had. They were actually better than some that would basically ask just a couple simple questions before deciding to hire you.

Interview Questions

• I never came across a difficult question   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Denny's (Stockton, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I called to see if they were hiring. I went in with my resume. They interviewed me on the spot. Called me the next day & i got the job!

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I saw someone stealing?   1 Answer

Another job prospect called me the same day that was closer to where I lived.

Floor Prep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Denny's (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

They wanted to know if I drank or tweaked. I admited I did both. Could I carry boxes over 50lbs? Yep. Did I have good balance? When I am clean, yes.

Interview Questions

• Drug testing was a pain. Had to come up with a way to appear clean.   2 Answers