Denny's Interview Questions

1.9

Floor Prep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Denny's.

They wanted to know if I drank or tweaked. I admited I did both. Could I carry boxes over 50lbs? Yep. Did I have good balance? When I am clean, yes.

Interview Questions
    • Drug testing was a pain. Had to come up with a way to appear clean.   View Answer

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Denny's.

I filled out an application, and i walked in quite a few times to check on my application, when the hiring manager came back from her vacation, and I came in to check again, she said so you are the one they've have been telling me about, I had an interview on the spot and was hired that day.

Years later i was eating and talking to a server, and told her i used to work at Denny's she said i should apply the next morning I walked in to give the manager my resume she didn't even interview me she told me her expectations and then asked if I could come to orientation.

Corporate Trained Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springville, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springville, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Denny's in January 2012.

asked me my experience history, asked me about last job. Asked me my strengths and weaknesses. Management was very friendly and non-judgmental which was a relief because my felonies were a deal breaker at all the establishments I had applied to prior to Denny's.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me about my background check and if there would be anything of concern.   View Answer
    Be sure to make it clear when you are available so they don't over schedule you.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Denny's in May 2014.

Filled out app online, they called me back three days later, had interview with mgr and then general manager, easy interview, easy process. Manager was real nice, general manager was cool, real relaxed and eager to hire

Interview Questions
    • What is a over hard egg, what is an ovef well egg   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wytheville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wytheville, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Denny's in May 2014.

Very short phone interview. The phone call lasted around 3 minutes. I was applying for part-time work at the Wytheville VA restaurant. Was asked about my availability after stating on the application what hours I was available, they ask if I could be more flexible, I stated no due to my children at home. At that point I was told I didn't fit what they needed because they were only interested in people who could work all shifts three shifts.

Interview Questions
    • Could I be available for all 3 shifts?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rocklin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Denny's in January 2013.

Very nice experience. Quick and easy.

There was not one. They pay everyone minimum wage.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Denny's in February 2013.

as far as servers go, always hire personality, you can teach someone trade, you can't teach them personality

Interview Questions
    • When I was a server I was interviewing at Don Pablos, the Manager doing the interview told me to sell him, his own pen! Okay,.....so I did! yes I got the job.   Answer Question
    quick and easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pullman, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Denny's in June 2012.

The interview process was nothing to be afraid of, though your experience may differ. They were in need of servers and I had experience.

Interview Questions
    • They asked where I had served previously, and how rigorous the training and serving was. The interview as short, and I was working later that week.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations, I worked minimum wage with tips.

Managgement Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Denny's.

come prepared express yourself be honest

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bartow, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartow, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Denny's in January 2014.

Not All Denny's are alike in the hiring process. Indeed with my present Employer at the South Lakeland Denny's and the Bartow units I'm encouraged to expect further fair and respectful treatment.

Interview Questions
    • It's a very difficult task to summarize my immense foodservice expertise in short conversation.   View Answer
    COMPLIMENTARY

Worked for Denny's? Contribute to the Community!