Denny's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

1.9

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hazleton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Denny's (Hazleton, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online approximately one week before receiving a call to schedule an interview. I got there 10-15 minutes before the initial scheduled time. I was offered something to drink and just asked me simple questions. You must complete two interviews before getting the job

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • What are Strengths? Weaknesses ?   Answer Question
    • If there is an autistic child with his family in a booth next to two teenagers in another booth, and the child starts to be loud and throw crayons around and the teenagers complain, what do you do ?   Answer Question

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Denny's (Madison, WI).

Interview

The interview was scheduled promptly after submitting application (the same day actually) - the store wasn't yet open and they were working to hire staff for opening day. The store was still being setup, so I got to witness first hand what the store was going to look like when opened. The Interview wasn't difficult, just simple questions about why I was applying, what experience I had at that point, and how I dealt with people.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a waitress?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Denny's (Mesa, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and about a month later received a call back for an interview. Walked in and was interviewed twice by 2 managers. At the end of the interview they told me they had a position for me and I was hired as a hostess. Interview itself was relaxed and didn't take long. They asked typical questions about work & volunteer experience and asked if I was interested in becoming a server.

Interview Questions

• I received over x amounts of applications, why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Denny's (Anaheim, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The first interview I had I was with the General Manager. We sat in the restaurant at a corner booth. He asked me multiple questions varying different topics. Once he was done asking me questions, he asked if I had any questions for him. At the end, we scheduled the second interview for the very next day with a second manager.

Interview Questions

• Start off by telling me a little about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • When does hospitality begin? Does it begin once the customer steps through the door?   Answer Question
    • What would you tell an impatient customer waiting to be seated?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you went out of your way to help a coworker.   Answer Question

Server/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Denny's (Spring Valley, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

it was pretty easy but i was to young. They didnt really give me a chance and it was more of a specific race to work there. It was a little rude i just walked out.

Server/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Denny's.

Interview

Pretty easy interview wasn't asked anything unusual met with two different managers in the same day was offered job and scheduled orientation the same day then asked what days I can not work

Anonymous Employee in East Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Denny's (East Flagstaff, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

All they really did was give me a paper application, after the boss had looked at me funny, though she was happy enough at the end. I explained that I had applied several times, and wasn't sure if I had applied for several positions, or one position several times over.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask me many questions, I feel I was given the run-around.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Denny's (Moline, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I got a call on a Sunday night a week after I filled the application out. Scheduled a interview for that Monday and I showed up 30mins early took about 7 min to talk to her asked basic things told me to fill out a background check form and that if it came back okay that she wanted to start orientation the next week told me what I need to wear and everything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brown Deer, WI

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Denny's (Brown Deer, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Filled out app online. Manager called me asked me to come in interview later that day. Asked me to go in for 2nd interview asked me questions got hired at the end.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. You get paid minimum wage for your training. Not allowed any tips. After your negotiation you can get your tips.

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Denny's (Fresno, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

You come in with your resume and ask to speak to the manager, then he sits down with you and asks you some questions. They the talk to you about the process of training and commitment you have to give to be successful there. There are pretty friendly and try to read your attitude/ personality during the interview.

Interview Questions

I declined because he could only offer full-time work and that was not what i was looking for.