Denny's

Updated Oct 31, 2014
Updated Oct 31, 2014

1.9

Details
    I went to a job hiring agency and filed out an application a few months before it opened, I was interviewed a few minutes after I completed my application. They called me a week later and asked me to pick a date to come in for finalization.

Server Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Denny's.

Interview Questions
    • The lady interviewing me asked me to sell her pen to her   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Denny's.

Very easy intervew process..they ask your previous experience.why Dennys? Can you work holidays?can you work shift work.are you a good teamplayer? How much do you expect to make in a week?what would be a good excuse for being late for your shift?can you multi task well?How you handle a rude customer?what would you do if you got triple sat on a Saturday morning.how well do you work under pressure.

Interview Questions
    • Your worst qualities about yourself.lol...mine was i could make a mess...but i always cleaned up after myself.   View Answer

Service Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Denny's.

I was trained in all aspects of the business including server, line cook, dish washer in order to be able to serve Denny's well in the position. The people who conducted my interview were as good as most interviews that I have had. They were actually better than some that would basically ask just a couple simple questions before deciding to hire you.

Interview Questions
    • I never came across a difficult question   View Answer

Floor Prep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Denny's.

They wanted to know if I drank or tweaked. I admited I did both. Could I carry boxes over 50lbs? Yep. Did I have good balance? When I am clean, yes.

Interview Questions
    • Drug testing was a pain. Had to come up with a way to appear clean.   View Answer

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Denny's.

I filled out an application, and i walked in quite a few times to check on my application, when the hiring manager came back from her vacation, and I came in to check again, she said so you are the one they've have been telling me about, I had an interview on the spot and was hired that day.

Years later i was eating and talking to a server, and told her i used to work at Denny's she said i should apply the next morning I walked in to give the manager my resume she didn't even interview me she told me her expectations and then asked if I could come to orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wytheville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wytheville, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Denny's in May 2014.

Very short phone interview. The phone call lasted around 3 minutes. I was applying for part-time work at the Wytheville VA restaurant. Was asked about my availability after stating on the application what hours I was available, they ask if I could be more flexible, I stated no due to my children at home. At that point I was told I didn't fit what they needed because they were only interested in people who could work all shifts three shifts.

Interview Questions
    • Could I be available for all 3 shifts?   View Answer

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Denny's in May 2014.

Filled out app online, they called me back three days later, had interview with mgr and then general manager, easy interview, easy process. Manager was real nice, general manager was cool, real relaxed and eager to hire

Interview Questions
    • What is a over hard egg, what is an ovef well egg   View Answer

Managgement Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Denny's.

come prepared express yourself be honest

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Denny's.

Felt the person actually hiring me knew their business. However the environment of the interview was poor. Having other managers present in theory maight be a good idea, but their lack of interest in the process was a waste of time

Interview Questions
    • Being asked the identical question by both people present was, again, a waste of time and effort. Following a format, but not listening   Answer Question