Denny's Interview Questions

1.9

Floor Prep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Denny's.

They wanted to know if I drank or tweaked. I admited I did both. Could I carry boxes over 50lbs? Yep. Did I have good balance? When I am clean, yes.

Interview Questions
    • Drug testing was a pain. Had to come up with a way to appear clean.   View Answer

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Denny's.

I filled out an application, and i walked in quite a few times to check on my application, when the hiring manager came back from her vacation, and I came in to check again, she said so you are the one they've have been telling me about, I had an interview on the spot and was hired that day.

Years later i was eating and talking to a server, and told her i used to work at Denny's she said i should apply the next morning I walked in to give the manager my resume she didn't even interview me she told me her expectations and then asked if I could come to orientation.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wytheville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wytheville, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Denny's in May 2014.

Very short phone interview. The phone call lasted around 3 minutes. I was applying for part-time work at the Wytheville VA restaurant. Was asked about my availability after stating on the application what hours I was available, they ask if I could be more flexible, I stated no due to my children at home. At that point I was told I didn't fit what they needed because they were only interested in people who could work all shifts three shifts.

Interview Questions
    • Could I be available for all 3 shifts?   View Answer

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Denny's in May 2014.

Filled out app online, they called me back three days later, had interview with mgr and then general manager, easy interview, easy process. Manager was real nice, general manager was cool, real relaxed and eager to hire

Interview Questions
    • What is a over hard egg, what is an ovef well egg   View Answer

Managgement Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Denny's.

come prepared express yourself be honest

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Denny's.

Felt the person actually hiring me knew their business. However the environment of the interview was poor. Having other managers present in theory maight be a good idea, but their lack of interest in the process was a waste of time

Interview Questions
    • Being asked the identical question by both people present was, again, a waste of time and effort. Following a format, but not listening   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartow, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartow, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Denny's in January 2014.

Not All Denny's are alike in the hiring process. Indeed with my present Employer at the South Lakeland Denny's and the Bartow units I'm encouraged to expect further fair and respectful treatment.

Interview Questions
    • It's a very difficult task to summarize my immense foodservice expertise in short conversation.   View Answer
    COMPLIMENTARY

Waitress and Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pigeon Forge, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pigeon Forge, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Denny's in December 2013.

the hiring i filled on line . the interview went good i got hired on the spot. at least 4 managers did the hiring they hired over 100 people

Interview Questions
    jobs are hard to find anywhere just be patient

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Denny's.

Had two interviews. Make sure you present yourself as clean with a shaved beard for the interviews at least. No one likes hair in their food. They ask several questions as to you prior experience serving. Denny's is fast paced so have an answer as to how you will be able to manage your time efficiently.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Your hourly pay is dependent upon your state. Tips always vary upon performance.

Server/Waitress Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Denny's in August 2013.

Manager will call you and set up an interview time. Arrive 15 minutes early. Depends on how busy they are, usually will be with u in 5min. Asked simple questions about yourself , your past and your future. If you have a good vibe and attitude, you pretty much have the job!