Denso Manufacturing Tennessee

Updated Apr 9, 2015

3.3

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Denso Manufacturing Tennessee (Maryville, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

Not "by the book" there were two ppl but one was late. While waiting for him the guy seemed like he was trying to see how I would handle the situation and what I would say behind ppl backs. It was a pleasant experience all in all. They asked me to talk about my past work experience. I was by myself in the visitors area and arrived 30 min early.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to talk about my work experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation process an outside agency handled everything.

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Denso Manufacturing Tennessee.

Interview

Applied online and got a call the next day to set up a phone interview. Interview was with recruiter and hiring manager for a quality engineering position. Asked me behavioral questions that I had never heard so most the interview was thinking on my feet. Could have been more prepared though.

Senior Specialist Interview

Interview

Fairly standard mutli-round interview process. Includes math and reasoning skills training assessment, tour, and tiered interview process. All and all pretty painless and typical experience.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Denso Manufacturing Tennessee.

Interview

Applied online and got a call a few weeks later. Went through 2 interviews and a personality test and then an offer was made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a bit more from their offer. I suppose it is based on how much they want you if you can negotiate.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Denso Manufacturing Tennessee (Maryville, TN).

Interview

DENSO used many interviews as the process drug on for 4 months. I met with various levels of management, some more than once, and then finally had a group interview over lunch. After all the interviews was a lunch date where we discussed the various jobs and responsibilities of the group.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation is basically non-existent in the DENSO culture. You get what you get.

Production Controls Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Denso Manufacturing Tennessee (Maryville, TN) in March 2012.

Interview

Hr personnel contacted me by phone asking if I would like to come in to do an interview. After this I was immediately sent a personality/logic test. About a week later I was asked to come on for a second interview with a different group of people. Then played the waiting game and they decided to go with a more experienced person.

Machine Design Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Denso Manufacturing Tennessee (Maryville, TN) in March 2011.

Interview

Started with phone interview which was a standard interview which consisted of describing my experience and why I would be a good fit for the position. The interviewers consisted of 3-4 people speaking to me over a conference phone. After the phone interview I was flown out for an in person interview. This interview was basically an exact repeat of the phone interview, with the same people, except in person this time. It was a laid back interview and not too intimidating. After this interview, you must take a 3-4 hour long personality/IQ/skills test online. After completing all these interview phases, you will be offered a job if you did well enough.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work holidays and weekends if required?   Answer Question
    • Do you have co-op or internship experience in the field?   1 Answer

Negotiation

DO NOT accept the first offer without first trying to negotiate. You are typically given 5-7 days to consider the offer. DENSO TN is very firm on their first offer and will state that you can't negotiate. This may or not be true, but make them sweat it out for a few days and you may be able to negotiate more. I was able to get a little bit more by negotiating.

Expatriate Programs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Denso Manufacturing Tennessee (Maryville, TN) in March 2010.

Interview

Mostly word of mouth, but the interview process was relatively short, with only a single days interview consisting of 2 or 3 "one-on-ones"

Interview Questions

• How have you resolved conflict in a professional environment? Lots of probing here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fairly straight-forward. Little room for negotiation.

Production Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Denso Manufacturing Tennessee.

Interview

Two interviews over the course of two weeks and just standard checks on job histories and things like that. Absolutely nothing unexpected there. Had to pass a written test, but it was easy and common sense stuff. Took drug screen and basic physical.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. They offered, I took.