DentaQuest

Updated Aug 8, 2014

2.5

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlestown, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DentaQuest in July 2014.

Contacted by an agency regarding opportunity; phone interview w/HR then invited onsite for about 2.5 hours to speak with multiple members on the team on all different levels. Met with what seemed like really nice individuals. Interview session with hiring manager went really well, very easy questions asked.

Next interview group was with a team of Business Analysts (all women). The group interview went pretty well also. We ended up running out of time when it was my turn to ask questions so I felt that I was not able to get a true sense of their day to day responsibilities. There seemed to be maybe 1 or 2 of the group that asked the most questions. One other just kind of sat there quietly which I did not get a good feeling from. This group interview did not seem that well prepared with their questions but I went along with it nicely. All questions were answered thoroughly with the exception of one in particular which I think may have overall affected their end decision of moving onto other candidates.

The last interview of the day was over the phone with a Director who again, seemed really nice. Great conversation over the phone.

Overall, everyone "seemed" pretty content and happy with my responses and experiences. A couple days later, I was very surprised to hear that they decided to move on and not pursue my candidacy. The agency was also pretty surprised as everything literally went well. The response received was, "they were impressed with my experience and thought I had a great background but they were looking for someone with more formalized methodology training and they felt I was self-taught". A bit taken back by the self-taught comment but in a lot of ways within the workforce, there are some things that are self-taught and improved upon over time. I just was not sure how that spoke to my overall experience as I was qualified for the job or I would not have been pursued as I had been initially.

Hope they find what they're looking for - perhaps this opportunity was not for me and I am 100% ok with that.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions at all. Basic, expected interview questions that I was prepared for.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlestown, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at DentaQuest.

The interviews themselves weren't bad. Two series of interviews, multiple people each time. Some were nicer than others, and some had better questions than others. Overall the interviews themselves went well and the interviewers were welcoming with an appropriate balance of experience vs. behavioral questions. The person from HR who interviewed me, not the recruiter, was not very friendly. Sort of felt like she was going through the motions but not really interested in my answers. The recruitment process itself was terrible. I was contacted by 7 different HR employees for scheduling, re-scheduling, background, referrals, applications, etc. It was confusing. It took two months between my 2nd interview to receive the offer and when I received it, the HR person was not open to questions. It was like pulling teeth to get basic questions about healthcare costs, PTO time, etc. I almost didn't accept the offer as the HR person was kind of rude. The actual recruiter was great, and convinced me to accept, it was the other HR staff.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult or unexpected. I thought the questions were appropriate and applicable. The hiring manager conducted a good interview - all behavioral but open to revealing some information about themselves. Established a good rapport.   Answer Question
    No ability to negotiate. It was so difficult to get the HR person on the phone and she nicely said the offer is the offer. I sort of wish I hadn't ignored the red flags.

Training Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DentaQuest.

The process went fairly quickly. There were two phone interviews, one with the HR recruiter and the second interview with one of the hiring managers. The in person interview was with both hiring managers.

Mail Room Clerk Interview

Interview was only about 5 minutes long, they didn't really ask much and I didn't really talk much. I think they were desperate to hire a warm body so lucky me, I was brought on right away. I think they basically just wanted to pay someone next to nothing to do a lot of work, but I guess that is typical anywhere you work.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said before, there was not much happening at the interview, it was basically in and out.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Submit application online, interview with Department Managers, then interview with Human Resources.

Interview Questions
    • Human Resources did not really give me full information in an organized clear manner. Seemed to provide information only based on my questions... that was NOT helpful in understanding the whole package. Also did not tell me all information which I found out later.   Answer Question

Did not have a clear picture from Human Resources to help understand the full package being offered.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DentaQuest.

They called me and asked me a few questions. After that I had an interview in the office. They were very kind and helpfull

Ortho Reimbursement Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mequon, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mequon, WI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DentaQuest.

Received a phone call and did a brief phone interview. Once the phone interview was completed, I was asked to come in for an interview with the supervisor of the department.

Interview Questions
    • How will I prove myself to the other employees in the department.   View Answer

Underwriting Analyst Interview

two interviews, not hard. Pretty informal.

Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DentaQuest in May 2012.

Pretty easy. Phone interview first and then 2 in person interviews. The on-boarding process was awful. NO training

Interview Questions
    • Very standard questions.
      -Tell me about your past experience
      -Biggest accomplishments

Answer Question

Provider Relations Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DentaQuest in February 2012.

My initial hiring and interview process was not the best first impression I would have liked in moving to a new company. However, the person who did my interview and eventually hired me, has been let go. Obviously this did not deter me from making the choice to move over to this company, but it did make me really think about my decision. After she was let go, I am extremely happy that I made this choice!

Interview Questions
    Non existent. My counter offer was not accepted. I feel if it was my current Supervisor who would have interviewed me, the counter would have been looked at more closely.