DentalOne Partners

DentalOne Partners Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DentalOne Partners.

I was actually approached by management to advance within the company. I had to interview with the regional manager. I came to the office and met the doctor and staff. The whole process took about 2-3 months. DentalOne Partners looks for people who have the ability to lead others with little direction from senior management. You must show financial responsibility for the office while providing great patient care. They encourage thinking outside the box for new ideas from patient care to the business side of the company. I was asked for specific examples of how I would do both. They prefer candidates with dental experience and a degree. You are required to take a personality test and a credit check.

Interview Questions
    • To provide specific examples of how I have or would handle difficult situations. For example, if a patient was yelling at the front desk about a bill or if a patient was unhappy with their work they had done. Also handling human resource situations with the staff.   Answer Question
    Very simple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DentalOne Partners.

They do a weird group interview to "see if you are a fit," but in reality it is to see if you are stupid. Their recruiters bring in just about anyone so they have to filter out the junk. It is very slow.

Interview Questions
    • Can I work with a company that is not "very computer literate"...that should have told me that they do everything the hard way and twice.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They are take it or leave it. Raises will never be more than 1-2% sometimes up to 5% but only for favored people

R D A - (Registered Dental Assistant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DentalOne Partners in January 2012.

My interview process with Dental One Partners began by attending a group interview, where I had to go through 2 phases. I was then asked to come and do a few working interviews at Preston Hollow Dental Care. After having returned and gone through 4 working interviews, I was asked by the manager to return over a time period of 2 months. She continued to ask me to come back, but other then that there was no communication. Finally after 7 weeks the manager approached me and made me an offer. She made the offer verbally, and even offered a certain salary, but she presented no official document. After that she proceeded to ask me to show up for work every day with no training, communication or support. during my last week, after she had made the offer to me she sent me on one more interview with HR the very next week after having already made me an offer she contacted me via telephone and stated to me that as company they were choosing to go another direction and that she no longer needed my help. I am shocked at the unprofessionalism Dental One Partners displays. And there lack of quality in service of excellence.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to come back and work day in and day out   View Answer
    • Again not so much that it was the questions, but it was the fact that the company led me on   View Answer

PRC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DentalOne Partners in September 2010.

1:1 interview first. The office Leader had me come back at least three-four times for working interviews. I felt like a temporary worker there for a while, as there was poor communication in the hiring process. I think the process is a combination of analyzing how well you work with the team as well as being short staffed. I was very unsatisfied with this because it took over three weeks to be paid for these interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult or unexpected. Very typical interview questions.   Answer Question
    Non negotiable.

Dental Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DentalOne Partners in February 2009.

I had two interviews and one working interview before they hired me, and after the working interview it took them almodt two weeks to even pay me.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I was good with budgeting my money and time and if I felt I could pass a drug test.   View Answer
    There wasnt any negotiation because they dont give any choices, it's a take it or leave-it attitude with them.

Telecommunications Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at DentalOne Partners.

Was introduced through a recruiter. Interview was with the Director of IT at a coffee shop. He asked a few minimally technical questions, and was most interested in my personality. I never met with HR, other than to take care of legal formalities. I was hired almost on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • "What does the DCP key on my Dell laptop do?" I still don't know the answer to this. I suppose I could Google it.   View Answer
    I got an offer immediately, and began work as a consultant at a previously agreed upon rate. When my contract was up, the negotiation was really no more than both of us agreeing on a salary for my position, with my experience, in my area, supported by research. Pretty painless, and more than fair.

Office Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DentalOne Partners in March 2011.

I was invited to a "job fair" but was unable to attend, so I did schedule a one-on-one interview. This is better. I later learned that the job fair is a weed out process that disrespects the time of the candidates not interviewed (and potential strong candidates are eliminated before they have a chance to talk to anyone at the company). After the interview, one or two "working interviews" are scheduled where you can see what the job is about and the current staff can evaluate you.

Interview Questions
    The job I held was a salaried job that should have been an hourly job, but in my assessment was salaried so the company can ask you to consistently work 45-55 hours a week (including weekends for promotional events) without compensating you, so be clear on the expectation and lack of flexibility.

Dentist Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DentalOne Partners in January 2008.

Was a very thorough interview and they said they had 20 applicants. I would say they are the best of the big dental chains although they can approve.

Interview Questions
    • They were very concerned about my personality test   View Answer