Denton Independent School District

Relevance Date Difficulty

Teacher Interview

Teacher

Interviewed at Denton Independent School District

Interview Details – The interview process was campus based. I had a delightful experience.

Interview Question – What would you do if you had a violent outburst in your classroom?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Teacher salaries are fixed. We are paid by position and years of experience.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Secondary Teacher Interview

Secondary Teacher
Denton, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Denton Independent School District in May 2008.

Interview Details – DISD will require you to take this personality test to gauge how good a teacher you will be, as if a test could do that. Afterwards, you could get a call from a principal if they like your answers and your resume. Interview consisted of a panel of the principal, assistant principal, a technology coordinator, a department head, another teacher, and someone from the admin building downtown. Questions ranged from typical teaching job questions to personal questions. Principal had Googled me and asked me questions based on that as well.

Interview Question – Mainly the personal questions, as I didn't expect them. There was nothing to hide or anything, just unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Denton ISD doesn't allow teachers to negotiate salary as it is based on a pay ladder, based on the state pay ladder.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Denton Independent School District? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Denton Independent School District interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Denton Independent School District employees and interview candidates.