Denver Museum of Nature & Science

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Denver Museum of Nature & Science.

Interview Details – The funnest interview I've ever had! I think there was an initial phone interview to assess if I was interested in the job for what they were paying followed by a group interview with 3 employees: my future supervisor and two people whose jobs were similar to the one I was applying for in various aspects. In addition to the usual set of questions there were two practical portions of the interview. First I was presented with a set of expense reports and asked how I would organize them into a spreadsheet for grant tracking purposes. Then one of the interviewers left the room and called in on the phone so I could pretend she was a teacher calling to make a school program reservation and they could assess my customer service skills. At the very end, because the position was bilingual preferred, they briefly introduced me to one of the Spanish-speaking educators on staff so we could chat a few minutes and she could assess my level of fluency.

Interview Question – Hmm...I don't recall any ringers. Questions seemed to be pretty standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Definitely negotiate starting salary as annual merit increases are not large. Anticipate 2-4 weeks after the offer before you are actually working as the background check and drug test take considerable time and you can only start on the 1st or 16th of the month.

On-Call Banquet Chef Interview

On-Call Banquet Chef

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Denver Museum of Nature & Science.

Interview Details – The interview process was very laid back only one interview. They mainly just wanted to know if my personality fit with the rest of the kitchen staff

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Worked for Denver Museum of Nature & Science? Contribute to the Community!