Denver Public Schools

Very Easy Interview

Program Leader for Kaleidoscope Corner Interview

Program Leader for Kaleidoscope Corner
Denver, CO

I applied in-person - interviewed at Denver Public Schools in March 2014.

Interview Details – Email-based on your credentials and references we would like to offer you the position of a Program Leader. You asked to call for an interview, after the interview, you are offered the position. In training you are told unfortunately you require more hours for the position and will dropped in pay.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, questions relating to your experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – DO NOT QUIT YOUR JOB UNTIL YOU KNOW FOR FACT WHAT DPS IS GOING TO PAY YOU!!!!!

Paraprofessional, Department of Transportation Interview

Paraprofessional, Department of Transportation
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Denver Public Schools.

Interview Details – Process is quite simple once you have submitted your resume. If DPS shows an interest in you, they will call and set up an interview. The interview entails you talking about yourself (mine did), why you want this position, and how serious you are about starting your shift at the 'Butt-Crack' of dawn!!

Interview Question – My most difficult question was how serious I was about getting up and being on shift VERY early in the morning.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Systems Administrative Interview

Systems Administrative
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Denver Public Schools in February 2011.

Interview Details – Cumbersome process. Hiring Manager and HR seem to be on different pages. HM and Team Leads don't seem interested in YOU, only in filling a body. Misleading information/representation of duties and how the team "cooperates". Silo based organization doesn't really seem the best approach in the 21st century. Employee be ware. If all you want is a good retirement program this may be place for you.

Interview Question – What do you do when the team lead completely disagrees with you and you are convinced your approach is the best and supported by the rest of the team.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

IT Helpdesk Interview

IT Helpdesk
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Denver Public Schools in July 2013.

Interview Details – Was a panel interview. 3 managers present. Asked the normal basic customer service scenario type questions. The what ifs and how would you react. They went over resume and back ground. Very typical process.

Interview Question – There weren't any unexpected question. The most difficult part was that on the second interview, the two young leads demonstrated disinterest and was extremely unprepared. Had no questions to ask and had not reviewed my background in advance   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Denver Public Schools in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was very time consuming with repeated visits to the admin building. It took over 6 months for me to be hired

Interview Question – No really difficult questions - they utilized the standard behavioral interview process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much of a chance to negotiate

Special Education Teacher Interview

Special Education Teacher
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Denver Public Schools in August 2008.

Interview Details – Apply online. One or two interviews. Interview questions are specific to teaching positions and to new trends in education. Must know process of writing iep's and special education law. You are given 5-10 questions 10 minutes to interview and you can write your answers ahead of time. A panel interview of 3-6 people including principal and assistant principal and hiring committee made of teachers.

Interview Question – Describe what you would do if you encountered an enraged parent who was upset with their son/ daughter's performance in your class?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Teacher Interview

Teacher
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Denver Public Schools in May 2012.

Interview Details – Panel consisted of principal, assistant principal, two classroom teachers and a specialist. There were ten interview questions, the interview questions are provided to the applicant about ten minutes before the interview begins on a typed sheet of paper. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – How is culturally responsive teaching different than traditional teaching methods?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, I was called back about a half hour later, and offered the position. I accepted.

Senior Software Programmer Analyst Interview

Senior Software Programmer Analyst
Denver, CO

The process took a day - interviewed at Denver Public Schools in April 2010.

Interview Details – Received a call from the manager to set up an in-person interview for the following week. Met with the manager and two senior software engineers. The entire interview was slightly less than an hour. Discussed my employment history, and answered some general Java and C# questions. Very personable interviewers. The work environment seemed pleasant enough, with individual offices and cubicles. Did not receive an offer, but was in the group of finalists. My impression is that this is a good place to work, and I will look for future openings.

Interview Question – What is the most used Java class?   View Answer

Long Term Substitute ESL Teacher Interview

Long Term Substitute ESL Teacher
Denver, CO

The process took a day - interviewed at Denver Public Schools in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was familiar with the school/staff as I had already interned there. I was called by a teacher at the school who thought I might be interested in the position and encouraged me to interview. I was given a few days to schedule the time that worked best for me.

I was interviewed by a panel: the school principal, three teachers, and one parent/ PTA member. Upon arrival I was given a list of about 5 questions to answer, and given about 2 minutes to think about my answers out in the hall before they called me in to talk. The questions were along the lines of: what will you do to foster student interest?; what will you do to motivate students?; how will you monitor progress?; what other resources will you use to ensure students' success?; Describe a time when you had difficulty teaching and had to change your approach.

The principal called me later that night to offer me the job.

Interview Question – The most difficult aspect of answering these questions was not the questions themselves, but simply the short amount of time given to think about the answer. As in any panel interview, you feel a bit nervous with five people waiting for you to talk. It's hard to give an honest answer without just babbling on with "buzz words" and other jargon.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate anything. I was not offered a contract, so it was basically a take-it-or-leave-it offer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Denver Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Denver Public Schools interview questions and advice in Colorado. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Denver Public Schools employees and interview candidates.