Denver Public Schools Interview Questions in Colorado

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.5

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process was very professional. Was asked a lot of questions, took a tour of the school and then was hired. Started working immediately and loved every one at the school including all students.

Paraprofessional, Department of Transportation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO).

Interview

Process is quite simple once you have submitted your resume. If DPS shows an interest in you, they will call and set up an interview. The interview entails you talking about yourself (mine did), why you want this position, and how serious you are about starting your shift at the 'Butt-Crack' of dawn!!

Interview Questions

• My most difficult question was how serious I was about getting up and being on shift VERY early in the morning.   Answer Question

Program Leader for Kaleidoscope Corner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

Email-based on your credentials and references we would like to offer you the position of a Program Leader. You asked to call for an interview, after the interview, you are offered the position. In training you are told unfortunately you require more hours for the position and will dropped in pay.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, questions relating to your experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

DO NOT QUIT YOUR JOB UNTIL YOU KNOW FOR FACT WHAT DPS IS GOING TO PAY YOU!!!!!

IT Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in July 2013.

Interview

Was a panel interview. 3 managers present. Asked the normal basic customer service scenario type questions. The what ifs and how would you react. They went over resume and back ground. Very typical process.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any unexpected question. The most difficult part was that on the second interview, the two young leads demonstrated disinterest and was extremely unprepared. Had no questions to ask and had not reviewed my background in advance   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

Panel consisted of principal, assistant principal, two classroom teachers and a specialist. There were ten interview questions, the interview questions are provided to the applicant about ten minutes before the interview begins on a typed sheet of paper. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How is culturally responsive teaching different than traditional teaching methods?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, I was called back about a half hour later, and offered the position. I accepted.

Secondary Math Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was only a phone interview for me. They gave the questions ahead of time and then I spoke over the phone with the head math teacher to go over my responses. Overall it was a fairly easy process however I was prepped a bit by a organization I joined through...Denver Teaching Fellows (I don't believe they exist anymore).

Interview Questions

• How do you incorporate differentiation into the classroom?   Answer Question

Secondary Math Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

Very easy. I submitted my resume via email to the principal; she then contacted me and set up a phone interview with myself and the senior math teacher. I was given the interview questions ahead of time and had been prepped by an organization I had trained with (Denver Teaching Fellows) so it was very easy to know what I wanted to say and deliver. They offered me the position the next day.

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in April 2012.

Interview

Lots of hoops to jump through This is a huge district with lots of random boxes to check and trainings to attend. I would not recommend it. If at all possible find a different district to work in. Working in DPS was the reason I changed careers. You will be under valued and under paid. Do not do! It is a trap.

Interview Questions

• There was a panel and they went off a set basic questions   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very time consuming with repeated visits to the admin building. It took over 6 months for me to be hired

Interview Questions

• No really difficult questions - they utilized the standard behavioral interview process   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much of a chance to negotiate

Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in February 2011.

Interview

Cumbersome process. Hiring Manager and HR seem to be on different pages. HM and Team Leads don't seem interested in YOU, only in filling a body. Misleading information/representation of duties and how the team "cooperates". Silo based organization doesn't really seem the best approach in the 21st century. Employee be ware. If all you want is a good retirement program this may be place for you.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when the team lead completely disagrees with you and you are convinced your approach is the best and supported by the rest of the team.   Answer Question