Denver Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

2.6

AP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools.

Interview

The interview had several parts, including a data section, an evaluation section, and a q and a. The process is great for people who don't ponder what to say before speaking, but not at all great for people who do.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools in September 2014.

Interview

Called by principal within 2 days of applying for a phone screening. Immediately asked to come in for an interview the next day. After the initial interview, I was asked to guest teach a lesson in a classroom.

Interview Questions

• I was given a lesson to teach and it was the wrong lesson. The students had no idea what I was teaching as they had not learned the content since the year before (roughly 9 months). The questions weren't hard but were what was expected in a teacher interview. How to run guided reading, behavior management strategies, acclimating to the school, etc.   Answer Question

Seemed to be a disconnect with the administration and teaching teams. Teaching teams didn't feel collaborative and culture wasn't welcoming or strong. Bare walls in the classrooms and little in the hallways.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process was very professional. Was asked a lot of questions, took a tour of the school and then was hired. Started working immediately and loved every one at the school including all students.

Paraprofessional, Department of Transportation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO).

Interview

Process is quite simple once you have submitted your resume. If DPS shows an interest in you, they will call and set up an interview. The interview entails you talking about yourself (mine did), why you want this position, and how serious you are about starting your shift at the 'Butt-Crack' of dawn!!

Interview Questions

• My most difficult question was how serious I was about getting up and being on shift VERY early in the morning.   Answer Question

Program Leader for Kaleidoscope Corner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

Email-based on your credentials and references we would like to offer you the position of a Program Leader. You asked to call for an interview, after the interview, you are offered the position. In training you are told unfortunately you require more hours for the position and will dropped in pay.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, questions relating to your experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

DO NOT QUIT YOUR JOB UNTIL YOU KNOW FOR FACT WHAT DPS IS GOING TO PAY YOU!!!!!

Math Teacher Interview

Application

I interviewed at Denver Public Schools in January 2014.

Interview

Apply by sending resume and filling out company application. Take two simple tests and then a phone screening. Name provided to all schools needing help, school calls and sets up appointment interview.

Interview Questions

• 10-minute teaching session with kids without any knowledge of material until you arrive.   1 Answer

Office Support Interview

Interview

Have not had any contact since being laid off

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in August 2013.

Interview

You apply on line first they ask you questions if you pass this portion of the process and the back ground check you move on to the next phase. The next phase is the one on one interviews. Once you have past the one on one phase You will at this time have orientation.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you a set of questions, they want to know how decisive you can be. You need to be sure and feel strongly one way or another.   Answer Question

IT Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools (Denver, CO) in July 2013.

Interview

Was a panel interview. 3 managers present. Asked the normal basic customer service scenario type questions. The what ifs and how would you react. They went over resume and back ground. Very typical process.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any unexpected question. The most difficult part was that on the second interview, the two young leads demonstrated disinterest and was extremely unprepared. Had no questions to ask and had not reviewed my background in advance   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Denver Public Schools in July 2013.

Interview

Several interview steps involved in obtaining this role. Onboarding was challenging, but is getting much better with recent changes.