Denver Public Schools Interview Questions & Reviews

15 interviews

2.6

Program Leader for Kaleidoscope Corner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Denver Public Schools in March 2014.

Email-based on your credentials and references we would like to offer you the position of a Program Leader. You asked to call for an interview, after the interview, you are offered the position. In training you are told unfortunately you require more hours for the position and will dropped in pay.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, questions relating to your experience.   View Answer
    DO NOT QUIT YOUR JOB UNTIL YOU KNOW FOR FACT WHAT DPS IS GOING TO PAY YOU!!!!!

Paraprofessional, Department of Transportation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Denver Public Schools.

Process is quite simple once you have submitted your resume. If DPS shows an interest in you, they will call and set up an interview. The interview entails you talking about yourself (mine did), why you want this position, and how serious you are about starting your shift at the 'Butt-Crack' of dawn!!

Interview Questions
    • My most difficult question was how serious I was about getting up and being on shift VERY early in the morning.   Answer Question

Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Denver Public Schools in February 2011.

Cumbersome process. Hiring Manager and HR seem to be on different pages. HM and Team Leads don't seem interested in YOU, only in filling a body. Misleading information/representation of duties and how the team "cooperates". Silo based organization doesn't really seem the best approach in the 21st century. Employee be ware. If all you want is a good retirement program this may be place for you.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when the team lead completely disagrees with you and you are convinced your approach is the best and supported by the rest of the team.   Answer Question

IT Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Denver Public Schools in July 2013.

Was a panel interview. 3 managers present. Asked the normal basic customer service scenario type questions. The what ifs and how would you react. They went over resume and back ground. Very typical process.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any unexpected question. The most difficult part was that on the second interview, the two young leads demonstrated disinterest and was extremely unprepared. Had no questions to ask and had not reviewed my background in advance   Answer Question

Math Teacher Interview

interviewed at Denver Public Schools in January 2014.

Apply by sending resume and filling out company application. Take two simple tests and then a phone screening. Name provided to all schools needing help, school calls and sets up appointment interview.

Interview Questions
    • 10-minute teaching session with kids without any knowledge of material until you arrive.   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Denver Public Schools in July 2013.

Several interview steps involved in obtaining this role. Onboarding was challenging, but is getting much better with recent changes.

Office Support Interview

Have not had any contact since being laid off

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Denver Public Schools in March 2012.

The interview process was very time consuming with repeated visits to the admin building. It took over 6 months for me to be hired

Interview Questions
    • No really difficult questions - they utilized the standard behavioral interview process   Answer Question
    Not much of a chance to negotiate

Paraprofessional Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Denver Public Schools in January 2011.

Two interviews with several people present, including one who did not need to be there.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an employee or supervisor who was making you miserable or your job more difficult?   View Answer

ELL Teacher Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Denver Public Schools in May 2009.

Interview process was with a panel of teachers and principals. A very professional yet comfortable interview process. Questions were appropriate and applicable to the job applying for. Teachers and principal were very interested in my past experiences and I felt like everyone was listening to me, I felt even though I may have not had the direct experience needed I was given the opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you are qualified for a teaching position when you have yet to teach in a public school?   Answer Question
    I was asked how much money I needed to take the job and was offered only a bit less.

Worked for Denver Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!