Department for Work And Pensions Interview Questions & Reviews

6 interviews

2.5

Manager Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Department for Work And Pensions.

went thru an Agenyc, process was smooth.
    1st round - interview and various tests at agencies place
    2nd round - with dept head
    3rd round - with IT head

not much room for negotiation

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bacolod, Bacolod (Philippines)
    Anonymous Employee in Bacolod, Bacolod (Philippines)

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Department for Work And Pensions in May 2013.

Hiring:

*College level,female/male
    *Have enterest to do work completely
    *Honest
    *Responsible
    *Neat and clean in work rules

Interview Questions
    • What Can you do in our business to be in better result development ?   View Answer

Personal Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Liverpool, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Department for Work And Pensions in April 2008.

Multiple choice assessment questionnaire, literacy and numeracy tests followed by interview, lots of forms to be filled regarding health, CRB check, employment history etc.

Interview Questions
    • Very detailed job specification was available prior to interview, which allowed for good preparation, quite a formulaic interview   Answer Question

Press Officer Environment Agency Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Department for Work And Pensions in June 2011.

It was an online application made on their website. Work history and what about a page of what you can bring to the job. It's all on their website. The site is one of the most user friendly application processes I've used, but don't rely on their map to get you there, it's crap.

A civil servant, engages you in small talk and takes you to a room with a computer.I had a press release concerning a court case, a prosecution made by the department. You can write it up in any style you normally do. I wrote mine up in local newspaper style within the time limit of half an hour.

You then have the interview with a panel of two. They are both seem friendly. The questions included (incredibly): tell me a time when you had to work to a time limit, why do you want to work as a press officer, when you're with the DWP.

Feedback is available if you email them. They said my writing skills were "impresive" but I did not explain why I joined the DWP and didn't seem very keen to join them. I never told them I had to go home to have my cat of 16-years put down, but then the other candidates had their problems too.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to work to a deadline?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to "come back" to the press, why do you work ofr the DWP?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Blackpool, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackpool, England (UK)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Department for Work And Pensions in March 2010.

The first interview was by telephone with the hiring agency then a face to face interview with a panel of interviewers. The agency did a pre-screening to limit the number of candidates going forward to the final interview stage. The final interview was competency based and also technical.

Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Department for Work And Pensions in September 2009.

I applied for this job by submitting a form to the DWP via email. A few weeks later I received a phone call from Manpower that I have been selected for an assessment and interview somewhere in London. I attended the assessment which consisted of Literacy and Numeracy test. We were 2o altogether but only 6 of us were successful. Afterwards, I attended an interview same day conducted by 2 people, one is a Jobcentre employee and the other probably from Manpower. The interview consisted of just 4 questions based on Customer Focus, and 3 others (can't remember at the moment). The interview went well (I suppose) but unfortunately after 14 days, I received a NO-employment letter from them.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you give a Customer service, what was the outcome and what feedback did you receive?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Department for Work And Pensions

Worked for Department for Work And Pensions? Contribute to the Community!