Department for Work And Pensions Interview Questions in London, UK

Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.5

Junior Social Researcher (Summer Placement) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Department for Work And Pensions (London, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Competency Based Interview and a Presentation on a research topic you have carried out. The interview is fairly relaxed, with two interviewees, although most questions come from a lead interviewer. The presentation consists of about 10 minutes presenting time, followed by questions. You can present on whatever you like, so long as it is relevant to the brief given to you a few weeks before the interview. As this is a summer placement, it is intended for current university students. One problem was that the initial interviews were carried out during the Oxbridge exam period (when most other universities have finished), which made it difficult attending or rearranging the interview if you were a student at Oxford or Cambridge.

Interview Questions

• Civil Service competency based interview questions - see online for civil service competencies. It is best to prepare answers to various competencies before the interview. Make sure you know which competencies you are likely to be tested on.   Answer Question

Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Department for Work And Pensions (London, England (UK)) in September 2009.

Interview

I applied for this job by submitting a form to the DWP via email. A few weeks later I received a phone call from Manpower that I have been selected for an assessment and interview somewhere in London. I attended the assessment which consisted of Literacy and Numeracy test. We were 2o altogether but only 6 of us were successful. Afterwards, I attended an interview same day conducted by 2 people, one is a Jobcentre employee and the other probably from Manpower. The interview consisted of just 4 questions based on Customer Focus, and 3 others (can't remember at the moment). The interview went well (I suppose) but unfortunately after 14 days, I received a NO-employment letter from them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you give a Customer service, what was the outcome and what feedback did you receive?   Answer Question