Department for Work And Pensions

www.dwp.gov.uk

Department for Work And Pensions Interview Questions & Reviews in United Kingdom

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Department for Work And Pensions.

Interview Details – went thru an Agenyc, process was smooth.
1st round - interview and various tests at agencies place
2nd round - with dept head
3rd round - with IT head

Negotiation Details – not much room for negotiation

Personal Adviser Interview

Personal Adviser
Liverpool, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Department for Work And Pensions in April 2008.

Interview Details – Multiple choice assessment questionnaire, literacy and numeracy tests followed by interview, lots of forms to be filled regarding health, CRB check, employment history etc.

Interview Question – Very detailed job specification was available prior to interview, which allowed for good preparation, quite a formulaic interview   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Blackpool, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Department for Work And Pensions in March 2010.

Interview Details – The first interview was by telephone with the hiring agency then a face to face interview with a panel of interviewers. The agency did a pre-screening to limit the number of candidates going forward to the final interview stage. The final interview was competency based and also technical.

Interview Question – What do you think are the major problems with IFRS?   Answer Question

Executive Officer Interview

Executive Officer
London, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Department for Work And Pensions in September 2009.

Interview Details – I applied for this job by submitting a form to the DWP via email. A few weeks later I received a phone call from Manpower that I have been selected for an assessment and interview somewhere in London. I attended the assessment which consisted of Literacy and Numeracy test. We were 2o altogether but only 6 of us were successful. Afterwards, I attended an interview same day conducted by 2 people, one is a Jobcentre employee and the other probably from Manpower. The interview consisted of just 4 questions based on Customer Focus, and 3 others (can't remember at the moment). The interview went well (I suppose) but unfortunately after 14 days, I received a NO-employment letter from them.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you give a Customer service, what was the outcome and what feedback did you receive?   Answer Question

Worked for Department for Work And Pensions? Contribute to the Community!