Department for Work And Pensions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Department for Work And Pensions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Department for Work And Pensions.

went thru an Agenyc, process was smooth.
    1st round - interview and various tests at agencies place
    2nd round - with dept head
    3rd round - with IT head

not much room for negotiation

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackpool, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackpool, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Department for Work And Pensions in March 2010.

The first interview was by telephone with the hiring agency then a face to face interview with a panel of interviewers. The agency did a pre-screening to limit the number of candidates going forward to the final interview stage. The final interview was competency based and also technical.

Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Department for Work And Pensions in September 2009.

I applied for this job by submitting a form to the DWP via email. A few weeks later I received a phone call from Manpower that I have been selected for an assessment and interview somewhere in London. I attended the assessment which consisted of Literacy and Numeracy test. We were 2o altogether but only 6 of us were successful. Afterwards, I attended an interview same day conducted by 2 people, one is a Jobcentre employee and the other probably from Manpower. The interview consisted of just 4 questions based on Customer Focus, and 3 others (can't remember at the moment). The interview went well (I suppose) but unfortunately after 14 days, I received a NO-employment letter from them.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you give a Customer service, what was the outcome and what feedback did you receive?   Answer Question

Personal Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Department for Work And Pensions in April 2008.

Multiple choice assessment questionnaire, literacy and numeracy tests followed by interview, lots of forms to be filled regarding health, CRB check, employment history etc.

Interview Questions
    • Very detailed job specification was available prior to interview, which allowed for good preparation, quite a formulaic interview   Answer Question