Department for Work And Pensions Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.5

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Department for Work And Pensions in January 2015.

Five months from submitting the application to receiving feedback after the interview.
    On interview day, there was a great deal of additional form-filling with several candidates in the same small room and documents flying all over the place, including passports. Some of the forms contained duplicate questions. The woman 'supervising' the process appeared not to know about certain requirements surrounding vetting and pension, so she called a colleague and together they started to speculate in front of us (the candidates) as to what may be required.
    All in all the interview gave me the sense that demotivation, incompetence and confusion run high in this office.

Interview Questions
    • The questions revolved around the required compentencies.   Answer Question

Junior Social Researcher (Summer Placement) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Department for Work And Pensions in June 2013.

Competency Based Interview and a Presentation on a research topic you have carried out. The interview is fairly relaxed, with two interviewees, although most questions come from a lead interviewer. The presentation consists of about 10 minutes presenting time, followed by questions. You can present on whatever you like, so long as it is relevant to the brief given to you a few weeks before the interview. As this is a summer placement, it is intended for current university students. One problem was that the initial interviews were carried out during the Oxbridge exam period (when most other universities have finished), which made it difficult attending or rearranging the interview if you were a student at Oxford or Cambridge.

Interview Questions
    • Civil Service competency based interview questions - see online for civil service competencies. It is best to prepare answers to various competencies before the interview. Make sure you know which competencies you are likely to be tested on.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Department for Work And Pensions.

went thru an Agenyc, process was smooth.
    1st round - interview and various tests at agencies place
    2nd round - with dept head
    3rd round - with IT head

not much room for negotiation

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackpool, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackpool, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Department for Work And Pensions in March 2010.

The first interview was by telephone with the hiring agency then a face to face interview with a panel of interviewers. The agency did a pre-screening to limit the number of candidates going forward to the final interview stage. The final interview was competency based and also technical.

Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Department for Work And Pensions in September 2009.

I applied for this job by submitting a form to the DWP via email. A few weeks later I received a phone call from Manpower that I have been selected for an assessment and interview somewhere in London. I attended the assessment which consisted of Literacy and Numeracy test. We were 2o altogether but only 6 of us were successful. Afterwards, I attended an interview same day conducted by 2 people, one is a Jobcentre employee and the other probably from Manpower. The interview consisted of just 4 questions based on Customer Focus, and 3 others (can't remember at the moment). The interview went well (I suppose) but unfortunately after 14 days, I received a NO-employment letter from them.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you give a Customer service, what was the outcome and what feedback did you receive?   Answer Question

Personal Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Department for Work And Pensions in April 2008.

Multiple choice assessment questionnaire, literacy and numeracy tests followed by interview, lots of forms to be filled regarding health, CRB check, employment history etc.

Interview Questions
    • Very detailed job specification was available prior to interview, which allowed for good preparation, quite a formulaic interview   Answer Question