Department of National Defense Interview Questions

3.3

Interview

There was written test followed by interview. The competition was limited to internal personnel only so no external personnel were allowed to apply. The written competition was very much field related .. nothing to terribly difficult. There were generic questions on instrumentation such as RTD types and charcteristics, questions on Data logging and loop testing.

Interview Questions

• What jobs have you worked on in the past that you did not achieve a successful result?   1 Answer

CR4 Qualified Pool Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Department of National Defense (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Application submission, phone interview, written exam, language evaluation, in-person interview, pool qualification, informal interviews

Interview Questions

• Questions within the application process were of normal difficulty. The hardest part is to have your resume match the job description so that it passes pre-selection. Automated systems check resumes and if the content doesn't match enough, your application gets rejected even before someone looks at it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Public Service... no negotiating

Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Department of National Defense (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

Very structured and regimented, designed for 18-19 year old recruits

Better offer elsewhere

Artillery Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Department of National Defense in September 2011.

Interview

attending information sessions, choice of military trade, one on one interview with an recruiting officer, panel interview, interview with commanding officer of the regiment, physical and medical test, aptitude test and background check.

Interview Questions

• why choosing to be an officer rather than a member?   1 Answer

Logistics Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Department of National Defense (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in June 2010.

Interview

Application form, aptitude test a series of interviews wiith Military Career Counsellors and a medical along with a background check is required. The medical can be quite lengthy and may include repeat visits with family Doctors recommendations.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you deal with stressful situations. Provide an example of a stressful situation that you have faced along with the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There are set salaries for ranks upon entry, there is no opportunity for negotiation.

Industrial Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Department of National Defense in August 2009.

Interview

One phone interview, then a face-to-face with a group of individuals and 2 weeks later an offer.

Interview Questions

• Give specific situation task acion and results of production system problems at your last employment.   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Not enough money for the city the offer was for.

Policy Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Department of National Defense in July 2008.

Interview

Very rigorous. Behavioral interview.