Dermalogica

Relevance Date Difficulty

Accounts Payable Manager Interview

Accounts Payable Manager
Carson, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dermalogica in March 2014.

Interview Details – Best corporation I have interviewed with. HR goes above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and at home from the minute you walk through their doors. Constant communication every step of the way that keeps you in the loop as to where you stand with the job. I really appreciated knowing that I was still the front-runner for their position. It was 2 weeks from my initial call to the day my offer was made. Really appreciated a company who didn't drag this along. They knew what they were looking for and moved forward very quickly.

Interview Question – Personal questions caught me off guard. They actually cared a lot about me and whether Dermalogica was a fit for my life as well as me being a fit for them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Their offer was lower than what I initially wanted- they truly felt bad that I might not be able to work with their offer. After I accepted it, they came back and offered me just a bit more. I am very happy with this employer and can't say enough about their hiring process and personnel.

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dermalogica.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a call screening and 1 in person interview. Human Resources and the Director of creative. I wasn't waiting long before someone from HR brought me into the meeting/interview area he asked a few warm up questions like "how was traffic" and "did you have any trouble finding the building". After that there where a few questions about my current job like why I was looking to leave my current position. The director asked what were some of my strengths that I could bring to the team and do I have any issues with doing other creative tasks outside of graphic design. All in all it was a pretty basic interview. They also send you a test to see what your skill levels is mine was a web page with product information.

Interview Question – What programing languages I knew as I said I had a little web designing experience which was hard because I only designed sites in photoshop only to give to a web designer (coder) to build in wordpress. After stumbling a bit a recovered by saying I'm still learning web design as a side hobby.   Answer Question

Business Interview

Business

Interviewed at Dermalogica

Interview Details – Depending on who interviews but some HR recruiters act like they are God.
The interviewing process was great but the outcome of the actual job description is
a big dissapointmeny.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Carson, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dermalogica.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter. In-person interview with direct manager and recruiter and tour of facility. Final interview with team, VP and CEO.

Interview Question – What products do you think we need?   Answer Question

Sales Administrator Interview

Sales Administrator
Carson, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dermalogica in October 2009.

Interview Details – Step 1 - Phone interview with Recruiting agent
Step 2 - 1:1 interview (interview with Recruiting agent, and possibly your potential manager), skills test (depending on the position for which you are applying)
Step 3 - 1:1 interview with Recruiting agent once more, to discuss job and pay offer

Interview Question – Do you have any Sales experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no opportunitiy to negotiate. I was just presented with the paperwork stating the pay.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at Dermalogica in May 2011.

Interview Details – Two interviewers were present. The entire process lasted about an hour. Fifty minutes for questioning and then a 10 minute tour of the office afterwards. They seemed really interested and said they would get back with me shorty and never called, emailed, or otherwise informed me that they did not select me.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Dermalogica? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dermalogica interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dermalogica employees and interview candidates.