Dermalogica

Dermalogica Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2014
Updated Jul 20, 2014

Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dermalogica.

I saw a job listing in my area for the educator position and proceeded to apply. Few days later I got an email saying they where interested in me and wanted to set up a phone interview with their HR. The phone interview was about 10-15 mins long inquiring why I wanted the position, how much do I know about the company, and strength/weakness. When we finished HR decided that I could move on to speak with the East Coast RE. I actually had to prepare a 30 minute presentation on a topic from a selection that they offered to choose from ( I picked Product Knowledge) and had to present in front of the RE, DM, and one of the educators of the school. Once the presentation ended we had a 10-15min sit down interview. I waited a week to get an email saying they offered the position to someone else, but will keep my information filed.

Interview Questions
    • why do you think you would be a good fit as an educator?
      how would you go about teaching a class?

Answer Question

Accounts Payable Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dermalogica in March 2014.

Best corporation I have interviewed with. HR goes above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and at home from the minute you walk through their doors. Constant communication every step of the way that keeps you in the loop as to where you stand with the job. I really appreciated knowing that I was still the front-runner for their position. It was 2 weeks from my initial call to the day my offer was made. Really appreciated a company who didn't drag this along. They knew what they were looking for and moved forward very quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Personal questions caught me off guard. They actually cared a lot about me and whether Dermalogica was a fit for my life as well as me being a fit for them.   Answer Question
    Their offer was lower than what I initially wanted- they truly felt bad that I might not be able to work with their offer. After I accepted it, they came back and offered me just a bit more. I am very happy with this employer and can't say enough about their hiring process and personnel.

Graphic Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dermalogica.

The interview consisted of a call screening and 1 in person interview. Human Resources and the Director of creative. I wasn't waiting long before someone from HR brought me into the meeting/interview area he asked a few warm up questions like "how was traffic" and "did you have any trouble finding the building". After that there where a few questions about my current job like why I was looking to leave my current position. The director asked what were some of my strengths that I could bring to the team and do I have any issues with doing other creative tasks outside of graphic design. All in all it was a pretty basic interview. They also send you a test to see what your skill levels is mine was a web page with product information.

Interview Questions
    • What programing languages I knew as I said I had a little web designing experience which was hard because I only designed sites in photoshop only to give to a web designer (coder) to build in wordpress. After stumbling a bit a recovered by saying I'm still learning web design as a side hobby.   Answer Question

Business Interview

Depending on who interviews but some HR recruiters act like they are God.
    The interviewing process was great but the outcome of the actual job description is
    a big dissapointmeny.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dermalogica.

Phone interview with recruiter. In-person interview with direct manager and recruiter and tour of facility. Final interview with team, VP and CEO.

Sales Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dermalogica in October 2009.

Step 1 - Phone interview with Recruiting agent
    Step 2 - 1:1 interview (interview with Recruiting agent, and possibly your potential manager), skills test (depending on the position for which you are applying)
    Step 3 - 1:1 interview with Recruiting agent once more, to discuss job and pay offer

Interview Questions
    There was no opportunitiy to negotiate. I was just presented with the paperwork stating the pay.

Marketing Manager Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Dermalogica in May 2011.

Two interviewers were present. The entire process lasted about an hour. Fifty minutes for questioning and then a 10 minute tour of the office afterwards. They seemed really interested and said they would get back with me shorty and never called, emailed, or otherwise informed me that they did not select me.