Descartes Systems Interview Questions

1.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Descartes Systems.

Interview

I submitted my resume and completed the application online. I was called a few days later and scheduled to meet with the Manager. The interview went well and was very easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It lasted a week.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Descartes Systems in August 2014.

Interview

First round: got a call from the HR she interviewed me for an hr asking me what I did and my work background etc. Second round: face to face to OEC manager and this other lady. Basic questions on why you want to work at OEC your backgrounds etc but nothing hard. Final round: Reference letter and offer letter yes or no by email

Negotiation

No nogotiation

IMC Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Descartes Systems (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call month later, phone interview. Waited 2 weeks and got an in person interview, met with HR, team leader, and manager.

Tax Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Descartes Systems (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2011.

Interview

Had a phone interview and company paid me to attend one on one interview at their Waterloo, Ontario, Canada location. Interview was primarily focused to evaluate my ability handle tax compliances in the jurisdictions where the company is doing business. I was interviewed by other senior finance department heads (i.e. Controller, VP of Finance, Director of Credit) and staff in my department (subordinates)

Interview Questions

• Company wanted me to start ASAP and I had a hard time committing to the start date proposed by the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negoitiate salary and number of vacation days. I stated my position by providing a range and we settled at half-way.

Programming Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Descartes Systems in December 2008.

Interview

Initial communication was via phone from a central HR (I never met the person who called me). I was met at the office by two people who interviewed me. Both worked at the position I was applying for, and seemed disinterested from the start. There was little enthusiasm displayed, and I got the impression that they didn't care if they made a hire or not. There was no technical aspect to the interview, despite the fact that I was being interviewed by 2 technical staff. There were no personality questions. The only impression I got of the interview is that the work definition was vague at best, and it was reflected in the culture. The office looked nice, the people were friendly. The attitude, however, showed indifference, and my impression of the culture there was that there was little room for promotion and advancement.

Interview Questions

• What kind of performance tuning did you do to resolve your issues with technology X?   1 Answer