Descartes Systems Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Descartes Systems

IMC Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Descartes Systems in February 2014.

Applied online, received a phone call month later, phone interview. Waited 2 weeks and got an in person interview, met with HR, team leader, and manager.

Tax Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Descartes Systems in February 2011.

Had a phone interview and company paid me to attend one on one interview at their Waterloo, Ontario, Canada location. Interview was primarily focused to evaluate my ability handle tax compliances in the jurisdictions where the company is doing business. I was interviewed by other senior finance department heads (i.e. Controller, VP of Finance, Director of Credit) and staff in my department (subordinates)

Interview Questions
    • Company wanted me to start ASAP and I had a hard time committing to the start date proposed by the company.   Answer Question
    Negoitiate salary and number of vacation days. I stated my position by providing a range and we settled at half-way.

Programming Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Descartes Systems in December 2008.

Initial communication was via phone from a central HR (I never met the person who called me). I was met at the office by two people who interviewed me. Both worked at the position I was applying for, and seemed disinterested from the start. There was little enthusiasm displayed, and I got the impression that they didn't care if they made a hire or not.

There was no technical aspect to the interview, despite the fact that I was being interviewed by 2 technical staff. There were no personality questions. The only impression I got of the interview is that the work definition was vague at best, and it was reflected in the culture.

The office looked nice, the people were friendly. The attitude, however, showed indifference, and my impression of the culture there was that there was little room for promotion and advancement.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of performance tuning did you do to resolve your issues with technology X?   View Answer