Descon Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015
Updated Mar 31, 2015

3.2

Administrative Officer Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Descon Engineering.

Interview

Three interview has been conducted . First one taken by HR MAnager then immediate boss will ask about job relevance. Finally area Business head will take the interview on the basis of above two.

Interview Questions

• As job was demanding and challenges was attached with this seat so firstly there was question about describing yourself with respect of relevant experience and qualification then i was enquired about the
      SWOT Analysis ,various projects and internship

Answer Question

Negotiation

Talk about Salary and grades

Graduate Engineer Training Program (GETP) - Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Descon Engineering in November 2014.

Interview

The positions were initially advertised in newspapers, and we had to apply online on the company website. The application was quite straight forward and barely took 5-10 min to complete.
    After some screening, based on GPA (my assumption), we were called for a test in Lahore. The test was a hybrid and contained both technical and non-technical questions. There were a total of 100 questions, and the time given was 90 minutes or 2 hours (I don't exactly remember). However, the time was adequate to complete the test. There were 20-25 technical questions relating to different courses studied in the degree. I remember Mechanics of machines/machine design related questions in particular. There were basic english, maths, and general knowledge questions such as the capital of this country, a question regarding cricket, world war etc.
    Those who cleared the test were called for interviews after about a month. People had different interviews with different departments who were interested. Some people had interview with 1, I was interviewed by two, and some people even by 3 departments. These interviews were independent of each other, and one had no effect on the other. One was a quite non-technical interview and I was mostly asked about things from my CV (extra-curriculars, internships etc), and had behavioral questions related to what do I want to do, to be career wise. Where do you see yourself in 5 years etc. My 2nd interview (with a different department) was a technical one. After the introduction, I was asked about my weaknesses, my final year project (a lot of questioning was done regarding this as they didn't seem satisfied with my explanation), some technical questions, and a few questions about my career interests including where do I see myself in 5 years. I was asked the difference between stress and strain (and asked to draw a stress-strain graph), difference between stress and pressure, how to determine passively if any industrial equipment was approaching failure (noise, vibrations, temperature etc). I was also asked about my internships. Both interviews were panel interviews with senior management of the respective departments.
    Those shortlisted after the interviews were called for group discussions after around a month. There was a group of 10 candidates. After our introductions, we were given a topic (relating a social issue). We were given 2 minutes to think about it, and then everyone was given 2 minutes to present his stance on the issue. After that we were given 20 minutes to discuss the issue, We weren't told to reach a conclusion, and they didn't ask for one. The judges asked us a few questions regarding group dynamics. After this, were were given a single page case study containing 4 questions at the end. The group was required to answer the questions in a 30 min presentation after around 50 min of preparation time. After the presentation, we were asked a few questions regarding the case study, and a few regarding group dynamics.
    I received an acceptance call in 3 weeks after the group discussions.

Interview Questions

• Prepare for both technical and behavioral questions. Especially everyone was asked where do they see themselves in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was given a contract and had to either accept or decline it.

Planning Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Descon Engineering (Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)).

Interview

3-4 interviews depending upon the urgency of requirement. They will take test for fresh engineers.
    Technical first then hr interview and then project site manager interview. If you have any employee in company it will definitely be the plus point. Best of luck.

Pre Commissioning Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Descon Engineering (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

field work for the engineer any time ready for the

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no problem

Trainee Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Descon Engineering (Lahore (Pakistan)) in September 2012.

Interview

Hiring Process consists of three stages.
    1. Computer based test ( English, Math, G.K., Technical) : Similar to NTS/GAT one
    2. Group Discussion : You will be a part of a group of 10 or so students. A topic will be presented, each student will be given two minutes to speak on the topic, this will be followed by a 10-20 minutes of open discussion amongst the group. The key is to make a logical argument, speak in English and not to be very aggressive.
    3 Pannel Interview: This is different for different people. You will be interviewed by 2 or more people and will be asked to Introduce yourself, followed by why are you interested in the job, what makes you an ideal candidate, how your previous experiences suit your job choice, any previous experience of working in construction sector, stuff from your CV, and some technical questions

Interview Questions

• Do you think the company is hiring you just because you graduated from a foreign university?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None .. was just offered a contract and had to either accept or decline it ...

Planning Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Descon Engineering (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in May 2012.

Interview

There were 3 interviews in 2 weeks
    My advice is to be precise and answers to the point

Interview Questions

• TYpes of relations used in planning   1 Answer
    • standard manhours for insulation and piping   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation phase didnt came in my case

Trainee Engineer Electrical Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Descon Engineering (Lahore (Pakistan)) in April 2012.

Interview

Outstanding interview process.
    1. written test:aptitude, IQ, GK, Electrical engineering, power, control systems, electronics, basic.
    2. Group discussion.
    3. Final interview
    Revise your electrical engineering courses
    Make a personality self-assessment before the interview
    Staying cool and being honest is the only way to get through all of these. Be yourself. Be confident.

Interview Questions

• Basic Electrical concepts in written test. Group discussion focuses on critical thinking and defending your point. Interview is the basic technical know how and personal attribute judgment.   Answer Question

Safety Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Descon Engineering (Doha (Qatar)) in March 2012.

Interview

that was too tough but i had prepared my self for interview English is most important thing for interview & your attitude of self improvement or as a Quick learner . i passed two interview first one was the telephonic and second was the client interview and it was arranged by company

Interview Questions

• my first teacher name   1 Answer
    • why you elected our company for your Carrier   2 Answers

Negotiation

simply they will ask abt ur skills education and work experience so be cool face the interview

Administration Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Descon Engineering (Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)) in February 2012.

Interview

very first i introduced my self an then he asked me about my educatin background and past experience. Be confident and no need to be confused, and give the answer to the point. Your physical appearence should be like as a professional with positive attitude.

Interview Questions

• how many "0" in one million?   1 Answer
    • suppose you are a pilot and eighty passengers sit in the plane each person under 30 year then whats the age of pilot?   1 Answer

Administration Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Descon Engineering (Multān (Pakistan)) in October 2011.

Interview

skype or telepnonic