Interview Question

Program Manager Interview Seattle, WA

Describe one thing you did not like about your previous

company.
Answer

Interview Answer

1 Answer

Answering with a "Nothing as such" would make them feel that the person is not truthful. So, have an answer. Be tactical in choosing an answer which shows that you are an ethical personality. For example, the reason I would give is: I found that in one of the cases, I found that there was a slight disconnect between the topmost management and the immediate senior management. In my case, I wanted to move slowly into product management role and I was encouraged to do so by the topmost management when I had a discussion during the monthly mixer but when I mentioned this to my immediate senior management, they did not seem so enthusiastic as they would have to find a replacement for me and I was doing a good job in my current role. This led me to choose doing an MBA and not continuing in the current role. I understand that there might be other reasons behind they not helping me with the transition but I would have appreciated if they would have been transparent about the matter because hiding the real reason would have anyways caused me to pursue my interest. So, if I were in such a position, I would have discussed further career path with such an employee (ofcourse if that is a feasible career path) and give possible time estimates as to how I would ease him to such a role in a certain period of time and how important that person was currently for this role due to an important release etc.

Nilesh on Aug 30, 2014