Desjardins Financial Security Financial Adviser Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Financial Adviser Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Desjardins Financial Security in July 2011.

I was contacted by telephone 1 day after I submitted my resume, and set up an interview for the next day. I was directed to the company website to do a little research and preparation before the interview.

The interview was more of a meeting, because I wasn't asked any questions. The meeting consisted of an overview of the recruitment process, and approximately 50 minutes of being told how great the career was. I felt a little uneasy with the fact that the company was trying to sell the job to me, so I didn't go any further in the process.

The entire recruitment process is quite lengthy. After your initial meeting, you have to do a personality questionnaire they call the POP test. If you pass the POP, you go on to do a more in-depth personality screening test. If you pass the screening, then you need to purchase books to study for a test. Once you pass the test you need to obtain a licence from the government to enable you to sell insurance and other financial packages. In total, you will have to spend about $1300 Canadian to work for this company.

Once you are finally able to work, you are responsible for creating your own client base, and you only receive commissions based on what and how many plans you sell.

Interview Questions

The person doing the hiring openly admitted to me that he received money for every new employee he recruited, and the better the new recruits do, the better he does for wages. This, on top of the fact that he was trying to sell the job to me (instead of the applicant trying to sell themselves to a company), and the fact that I'd need to spend money to actually work for them, sent up alarm bells, and I declined to even take the POP test.

Worked for Desjardins Financial Security? Contribute to the Community!