Desjardins Financial Security

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior IT Project Manager Interview

Senior IT Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Desjardins Financial Security in July 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted application via the Desjardins Web site; got company info, culture etc. from friends and acquaintances who worked at Desjardins or knew someone who worked at Desjardins.
Two interviews, the first one with HR Managers and stakeholders, then IQ, personnality and language tests, background tests (criminal & credit). Job offer wihin 5 days.
Mature hiring process.

Interview Question – Questions very technical in the IT field, regarding IT systems development   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negociated salary,

Trading Assistant Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Desjardins Financial Security in June 2011.

Interview Details – A phone call with basic fit questions, why do you want to do this, why are you a good fit, and basic discussion about the markets in general to test how into it you are. Really nice people.

Interview Questions

Financial Adviser Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Desjardins Financial Security in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by telephone 1 day after I submitted my resume, and set up an interview for the next day. I was directed to the company website to do a little research and preparation before the interview.

The interview was more of a meeting, because I wasn't asked any questions. The meeting consisted of an overview of the recruitment process, and approximately 50 minutes of being told how great the career was. I felt a little uneasy with the fact that the company was trying to sell the job to me, so I didn't go any further in the process.

The entire recruitment process is quite lengthy. After your initial meeting, you have to do a personality questionnaire they call the POP test. If you pass the POP, you go on to do a more in-depth personality screening test. If you pass the screening, then you need to purchase books to study for a test. Once you pass the test you need to obtain a licence from the government to enable you to sell insurance and other financial packages. In total, you will have to spend about $1300 Canadian to work for this company.

Once you are finally able to work, you are responsible for creating your own client base, and you only receive commissions based on what and how many plans you sell.

Interview Question – There were no interview questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The person doing the hiring openly admitted to me that he received money for every new employee he recruited, and the better the new recruits do, the better he does for wages. This, on top of the fact that he was trying to sell the job to me (instead of the applicant trying to sell themselves to a company), and the fact that I'd need to spend money to actually work for them, sent up alarm bells, and I declined to even take the POP test.

Telephone Service Representative Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Desjardins Financial Security in January 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online, recieved a call to come in for an interview. It consisted of a online test on call centre skills, typing a business letter and an interview with team leader and director. Asked 5 behavioural questions about customer service, conflict, dealing with difficult situations. Director and Team Leader were easily distracted and went off topic, interview is more like a friendly conversation

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no scope for negotiation, HR asks for salary expectation range and then a middle point is offered to employee. HR did not care to specify a proper range and was quite dishonest and evasive about quoting a range. Resulted in me quoting a salary that was industry avg but quite low for this company. Hr was not proactive enough to reconize the value of the applicant and adjust salary as required. Heavy bias towards French speakers.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Desjardins Financial Security in September 2010.

Interview Details – Very general behavioral questions and a basic skim-through of your experience. Interviewer was nice and helpful in answering questions at the end, even going as far as taking a 5min tour of the office. There is a computer skill test during the interview, but as the position is not too skill-demanding, it's very informal. The position requires fluent English and French, so expect the interviewer to ask you questions in both languages.

Interview Question – How would you respond to (given scenario)?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Declined offer due to personal financial reasons but seems like a very friendly office environment.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Desjardins Financial Security in April 2009.

Interview Details – First contacted by a branch manager by phone and asked to do some online personality test
after 1 week, got to met him in person and review my resume and test I did online
explained well about the job (good and bad side of work)
everything was great but then I declined the offer because salary was not stable

Interview Question – how are you planning to gain customer?
do you know many people around the town?
  Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Desjardins Financial Security? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Desjardins Financial Security interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Desjardins Financial Security employees and interview candidates.