Desjardins Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2015

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Desjardins.

Interview

I first applied online and got a phone interview after 2 days. Phone interview was around 20 minutes. I was confirmed for a formal interview 2 hours after the phone interview. The face to face interview was held the following week and it was pretty straight forward, nothing tricky. The hiring manager was nice and after the interview they gave me a tour in the call centre.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had dealt with a difficult client? and How?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Desjardins.

Interview

HR kept calling me to set up phone interview (pre-selective). Got sent afterwards an email containing a link to an online personality test as well as a sells/customer service test. After passing the tests, got an appointment for an interview with the caisse manager and the HR worker (not director). They were nice, but the more you went through the interview, the more serious the atmosphere gets, the tougher the questions were and I mean TOUGH. Be sure to be on your A game as the questions were draining! They asked for details about my personal life that I could relate to the job of being a teller... They asked tons of inappropriate questions for a simple student, part-time, temporary position. By inappropriate, I mean it had nothing to do with being a teller. So they're obviously testing your toughness skills, to see if you're able to control yourself in unexpected situations. However, I think they were overdoing it. Be also prepared to give a detailed plan of your academic and career path for the next 6 months, 12 months, 18 months and 5 years. They ask for details for every answer you provide. I've also had a lot of provocative questions, to test my reactions. When you do give an answer, be prepared for the interviewer to act like your answer is rubbish. If you mention flaws (in the what are your flaws question), they will bring back your mentioned ''flaws'' to object any answer you give to future questions. Got a very generic email to let me know I wasn't chosen. When I tried to contact HR for feedback, would not pick up the phone or answer my one email, not very professional.

Interview Questions

• Your supervisor asks you to make an excel document for tomorrow morning (tellers don't do this---this is a teller interview). It is to be made with no mistake. How do you go on doing it during the day? How do you organize yourself knowing you have this document to type as well as your day-to-day tasks? (after you answer) Your supervisor tells you there was a mistake on your document... WHAT do you do?   Answer Question
    • What keeps you awake at night?   Answer Question
    • If you were to be an animal, which one would you be?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Desjardins in January 2015.

Interview

I found the offer on the Desjardins webpage. The client service personnel is hired on non-stop basis so you can always apply. I applied online in October. In December I received a call asking whether I would be interested in the job and had an extra short phone interview. A few days later I had an English test (also by phone) that took about 20 minutes. Then I was invited to take personality tests. This took about 2 hours. Lots of questions. A week later I was informed that the tests were positive and they invited me for an interview in January. The interview was very quick (25-30 min). After 2 weeks I was informed that everything was positive but the February group was full and the next one scheduled for March was not yet confirmed. Overall, the process takes FOREVER !

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a situation at work where there was a problem and you found a solution.   Answer Question
    • How long do you see yourself working in a call center?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with routine at work, how do you keep yourself motivated?   Answer Question

Conseiller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Desjardins.

Interview

Get all documents ready as they will be verified before you even start the interview process. If you fail to bring them all, your interview is cancelled.Get all documents ready as they will be verified before you even start the interview process. If you fail to bring them all, your interview is cancelled.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you are a great fit for the position   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Easy process. Mostly talked about future goals and how that align with the job. Had to pass a personality test. The company almost seemed to be selling the position to me. Went through two rounds of interviews

Better job options

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Desjardins.

Interview

I attended a Job Fair and had submitted my resume to the Job Fair Committee. I had a first interview with a RH recruiter, whom gave me the go for the next round. Then I was interviewed by an operational manager. The next day interview via Skype with direct supervisor. Few days later the HR called me with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected question. The regular ones: how do you deal with difficult people?   1 Answer
    • What makes you a good fit for the job?   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lévis, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Desjardins (Lévis, QC (Canada)).

Interview

You have to meet the supervisor along with fellow colleagues. Then your cv is sent to HR. You have to have a desjardins bank acount. You have to meet the supervisor along with fellow colleagues. Then your cv is sent to HR. You have to have a desjardins bank acount.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Desjardins in May 2014.

Interview

Group interview, nothing speacial. It's more like a presentation of their business model and products. 100% commission based. The salary is unstable and you have to get a insurance-selling license first then they can give you the offer.

Institutional Sales - Money Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Desjardins (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

Met with managing director, asked a few technical questions and some theoretical questions. Be very careful in what you look like when you go to the interview. Have your tie button done up and no chewing gum! Be prepared to talk about experiences outside of work. They like to hear about a candidate who has lots of extra curricular activities or did well in sports.

Interview Questions

• If i were to take this piece of paper and fold it, how many times would i have to fold it to get to the top of the cibc tower.   Answer Question

Conseiller En Finances Personelles Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Desjardins in September 2013.

Interview

The interview and hiring process was based on 2 different sessions. First one was in person and i was asked about my experience and accomplishments. I was then asked about what i would do differently to achieve what was not working in the new workplace and to establish a plan. The second interview was to explain my plan and i was asked to sign the job offer right away.

Interview Questions

• not do disclose due to the fact it was too long ago and i do not remember the specifics. However it was very normal interview questions requiring little to no extensive preparations   Answer Question