Destination Hotels Interview Questions

2.9

Hotel/Rooms Room Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Destination Hotels.

Interview

Met HR Manager, GM and Regional Director. Also had a 30 minute call with Corporate HR recruiter. I was a bit surprised that HR manager and corporate HR recruiter apparently hadn't talked in advance of my interview. It took a good deal of time before regional manager followed up with HR manager I was told. Apparently he had a large number of open positions.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about hotel owner (which was a private company!)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not difficult. I knew what the offer would be from HR Manager at the hotel.

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Destination Hotels in March 2014.

Interview

Filled out an online job application. Contacted by hiring manager to schedule interview. Showed up early but had to wait 5 minutes past start time. Asked very vague questions and seemed disinterested.

Front Office Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Destination Hotels (Tampa, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Sent in resume via their corporate website. Received a phone call to come in for an interview shortly thereafter. Interview was about an hour long. Spoke with both Front Office Manager and Director of Operations. I had to pass a background check (employment verification), which took about a week. Very Satisfied with this process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not need to negotiate. Was given what I asked for.

Backwait Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Destination Hotels (Chapel Hill, NC).

Interview

I initially contacted destination by meeting in person with the local Human Resources Administrator and submitted my resume. The company informed me that I would be required to pass a criminal background check but was not required to submit a drug test. The head of the Food and Beverage department contacted me for one interview and we discussed how I would best fit the needs of the company.

Interview Questions

• How does stress affect you?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Destination Hotels.

Interview

I was first contacted by the clubhouse manager then was brought in for interview with him. Really basic just seeing if you are willing to learn, nice, etc. Was then brought in for training

Director of Sales & Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Destination Hotels (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Overall the interview process was excellent. I felt everyone I met with took the time to get to know me as a person vs. my past resume. This allowed me to feel comfortable that they were investing as much into me as I was in selecting an employer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Smooth

Director of Sales & Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunriver, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Destination Hotels (Sunriver, OR) in September 2012.

Interview

Very long process that began in September and was finalized at the end of December. The process was thorough and necessary but the timeline should be reviewed. For a candidate, it is extremely difficult to function during an interview process personally and professionally.

Interview Questions

• The ability to explain core competencies in the area of social media marketing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

way too long - over 4 months in duration

Pastry Chef Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Destination Hotels in May 2012.

Interview

I was hired seasonal from out of state and was interviewed via Skype. I first interviewed with the executive chef and the assistant human resources director. I was asked for a second video interview and interviewed with the executive food and beverage director and the head of human resources.

Interview Questions

• the most difficult question is what are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much compromise, we discussed briefly how much I would be working and came to an hourly wage we could both agree on.

Director of Property Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bend, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Destination Hotels (Bend, OR) in March 2010.

Interview

My initial contact was with a Regional Director to whom I had a previous introduction. He forwarded my information to HR and the direct supervisor of the position applied for, and provided their contact information. Without this introduction, not sure my resume would have made it through their automated screening system!

Following three telephone interviews (HR, Direct Supervisor, & Managing Director) an onsite interview was scheduled. The interview process was effectively coordinated through the property's HR office, including travel, accommodations, meeting schedule, and position & company information. It was a fairly intensive 2 day process, meeting with various department heads, and multiple meetings with the Managing Director. All contacts were professional and did a good job of demonstrating the company culture.

I would have required relocation, they opted for a local candidate.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with competition from other property management companies and vacation rentals by owner?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Destination Hotels in June 2009.

Interview

Received a call from department manager. Went in for an interview the next day. Interviewed with the department manager, who then asked if I could stay for a second interview. My second interview was with the director and department manager. They both said someone would call me. Later that day, I got a call from the department manager, who asked if I would come in the next day to interview with the general manager. I went in for my third interview with the gm. A couple of days later, I received a call from dm, was offered the position and was asked to come in to negotiate salary. I went in the following day, negotiated a salary on the higher end of the pay scale and started 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if employees were fighting when it is very busy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

When asked what I would like to get paid, I had given a range, instead of a direct number. I had researched what they company would pay and what others were getting paid for the same position in different companies. In the end, I had received the higher end of the pay range I had initially given.