Destination Hotels

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director of Sales & Marketing Interview

Director of Sales & Marketing
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Destination Hotels in January 2013.

Interview Details – Overall the interview process was excellent. I felt everyone I met with took the time to get to know me as a person vs. my past resume. This allowed me to feel comfortable that they were investing as much into me as I was in selecting an employer.

Interview Question – Do you feel familiarity breeds contempt?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Smooth

Director of Sales & Marketing Interview

Director of Sales & Marketing
Sunriver, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Destination Hotels in September 2012.

Interview Details – Very long process that began in September and was finalized at the end of December. The process was thorough and necessary but the timeline should be reviewed. For a candidate, it is extremely difficult to function during an interview process personally and professionally.

Interview Question – The ability to explain core competencies in the area of social media marketing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – way too long - over 4 months in duration

Front Office Supervisor Interview

Front Office Supervisor
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Destination Hotels in March 2014.

Interview Details – Sent in resume via their corporate website. Received a phone call to come in for an interview shortly thereafter. Interview was about an hour long. Spoke with both Front Office Manager and Director of Operations. I had to pass a background check (employment verification), which took about a week. Very Satisfied with this process.

Interview Question – I was asked to explain my leadership style.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not need to negotiate. Was given what I asked for.

Pastry Chef Interview

Pastry Chef

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Destination Hotels in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was hired seasonal from out of state and was interviewed via Skype. I first interviewed with the executive chef and the assistant human resources director. I was asked for a second video interview and interviewed with the executive food and beverage director and the head of human resources.

Interview Question – the most difficult question is what are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much compromise, we discussed briefly how much I would be working and came to an hourly wage we could both agree on.

Backwait Interview

Backwait
Chapel Hill, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Destination Hotels.

Interview Details – I initially contacted destination by meeting in person with the local Human Resources Administrator and submitted my resume. The company informed me that I would be required to pass a criminal background check but was not required to submit a drug test. The head of the Food and Beverage department contacted me for one interview and we discussed how I would best fit the needs of the company.

Interview Question – How does stress affect you?   View Answer

Hostess Interview

Hostess

I applied online and interviewed at Destination Hotels.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by the clubhouse manager then was brought in for interview with him. Really basic just seeing if you are willing to learn, nice, etc. Was then brought in for training

Interview Question – Describe a time you failed   Answer Question

Director of Property Management Interview

Director of Property Management
Bend, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Destination Hotels in March 2010.

Interview Details – My initial contact was with a Regional Director to whom I had a previous introduction. He forwarded my information to HR and the direct supervisor of the position applied for, and provided their contact information. Without this introduction, not sure my resume would have made it through their automated screening system!

Following three telephone interviews (HR, Direct Supervisor, & Managing Director) an onsite interview was scheduled. The interview process was effectively coordinated through the property's HR office, including travel, accommodations, meeting schedule, and position & company information. It was a fairly intensive 2 day process, meeting with various department heads, and multiple meetings with the Managing Director. All contacts were professional and did a good job of demonstrating the company culture.

I would have required relocation, they opted for a local candidate.

Interview Question – How would you deal with competition from other property management companies and vacation rentals by owner?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Destination Hotels in June 2009.

Interview Details – Received a call from department manager. Went in for an interview the next day. Interviewed with the department manager, who then asked if I could stay for a second interview. My second interview was with the director and department manager. They both said someone would call me. Later that day, I got a call from the department manager, who asked if I would come in the next day to interview with the general manager. I went in for my third interview with the gm. A couple of days later, I received a call from dm, was offered the position and was asked to come in to negotiate salary. I went in the following day, negotiated a salary on the higher end of the pay scale and started 2 days later.

Interview Question – What would you do if employees were fighting when it is very busy?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – When asked what I would like to get paid, I had given a range, instead of a direct number. I had researched what they company would pay and what others were getting paid for the same position in different companies. In the end, I had received the higher end of the pay range I had initially given.

Night Auditor Interview

Night Auditor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Destination Hotels.

Interview Details – I filed an online application and was contacted the next day. We proceeded with an over the phone interview and then one in person HR interview and one in person Front Desk Manager interview. Overall process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – What's your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Attendant Interview

Attendant

The process took a day - interviewed at Destination Hotels in July 2011.

Interview Details – Simple basic questions.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Destination Hotels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Destination Hotels interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Destination Hotels employees and interview candidates.