Destination Hotels

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.8

Guest Services Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Destination Hotels in March 2014.

Filled out an online job application. Contacted by hiring manager to schedule interview. Showed up early but had to wait 5 minutes past start time. Asked very vague questions and seemed disinterested.

Director of Sales & Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Destination Hotels in January 2013.

Overall the interview process was excellent. I felt everyone I met with took the time to get to know me as a person vs. my past resume. This allowed me to feel comfortable that they were investing as much into me as I was in selecting an employer.

Smooth

Director of Sales & Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunriver, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunriver, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Destination Hotels in September 2012.

Very long process that began in September and was finalized at the end of December. The process was thorough and necessary but the timeline should be reviewed. For a candidate, it is extremely difficult to function during an interview process personally and professionally.

Interview Questions
    • The ability to explain core competencies in the area of social media marketing.   Answer Question
    way too long - over 4 months in duration

Front Office Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Destination Hotels in March 2014.

Sent in resume via their corporate website. Received a phone call to come in for an interview shortly thereafter. Interview was about an hour long. Spoke with both Front Office Manager and Director of Operations. I had to pass a background check (employment verification), which took about a week. Very Satisfied with this process.

Interview Questions
    Did not need to negotiate. Was given what I asked for.

Pastry Chef Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Destination Hotels in May 2012.

I was hired seasonal from out of state and was interviewed via Skype. I first interviewed with the executive chef and the assistant human resources director. I was asked for a second video interview and interviewed with the executive food and beverage director and the head of human resources.

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult question is what are your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    There was not much compromise, we discussed briefly how much I would be working and came to an hourly wage we could both agree on.

Backwait Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Destination Hotels.

I initially contacted destination by meeting in person with the local Human Resources Administrator and submitted my resume. The company informed me that I would be required to pass a criminal background check but was not required to submit a drug test. The head of the Food and Beverage department contacted me for one interview and we discussed how I would best fit the needs of the company.

Hostess Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Destination Hotels.

I was first contacted by the clubhouse manager then was brought in for interview with him. Really basic just seeing if you are willing to learn, nice, etc. Was then brought in for training

Director of Property Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bend, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Destination Hotels in March 2010.

My initial contact was with a Regional Director to whom I had a previous introduction. He forwarded my information to HR and the direct supervisor of the position applied for, and provided their contact information. Without this introduction, not sure my resume would have made it through their automated screening system!

Following three telephone interviews (HR, Direct Supervisor, & Managing Director) an onsite interview was scheduled. The interview process was effectively coordinated through the property's HR office, including travel, accommodations, meeting schedule, and position & company information. It was a fairly intensive 2 day process, meeting with various department heads, and multiple meetings with the Managing Director. All contacts were professional and did a good job of demonstrating the company culture.

I would have required relocation, they opted for a local candidate.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with competition from other property management companies and vacation rentals by owner?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Destination Hotels in June 2009.

Received a call from department manager. Went in for an interview the next day. Interviewed with the department manager, who then asked if I could stay for a second interview. My second interview was with the director and department manager. They both said someone would call me. Later that day, I got a call from the department manager, who asked if I would come in the next day to interview with the general manager. I went in for my third interview with the gm. A couple of days later, I received a call from dm, was offered the position and was asked to come in to negotiate salary. I went in the following day, negotiated a salary on the higher end of the pay scale and started 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if employees were fighting when it is very busy?   View Answer
    When asked what I would like to get paid, I had given a range, instead of a direct number. I had researched what they company would pay and what others were getting paid for the same position in different companies. In the end, I had received the higher end of the pay range I had initially given.

Night Auditor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Destination Hotels.

I filed an online application and was contacted the next day. We proceeded with an over the phone interview and then one in person HR interview and one in person Front Desk Manager interview. Overall process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Worked for Destination Hotels? Contribute to the Community!