Destination Maternity

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.5

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Destination Maternity.

Interview

Quick....but my experience was unique hired within a week. Typically you will interview with the DM then RM you have to complete a background check and then the decision is made rather quickly

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Destination Maternity.

Interview

Applied online as well as in person to increase my chances of getting hired for the position was then called to come in for an interview in person with the manager of the store which lasted about an hour because the store was busy and I was left alone a few times. Was then called and was asked to do a 2nd interview with the District Manager of the store and afterwards was told that the district manager would need to speak with the store manager and make a decision together on whether I would be hired. got a call confirming I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute to Destination Maternity   1 Answer

Pea Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Destination Maternity.

Interview

The interview is fairly simple. I was interviewed by the store manager and then again by the DM. I was asked questions related mostly to trends and selling seeing that's what the position's main responsibilities are.

Interview Questions

• I guess knowing particular brands... which wasn't difficult for me but If you don't know fashion I can see where you might stumble.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Interview

The interview was about three hours long with three separate interviewers which I felt was going very well. I was disappointed that HR did not respond to my follow up email/call after the interview. I know that it is not mandatory for HR to contact you afterwards, but I felt as though ignoring me was unprofessional and they should have at least let me know I was not the right fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked honestly what perception I had of their company.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Destination Maternity (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

On a Sunday afternoon, I decided to walk around downtown Philadelphia and give out my resume. Initially I was only going to give it out to children's boutiques but I thought I'd give maternity stores a try as well. So I walked into Destination Maternity, and was greeted by a friendly sales associate and I told her I was interested in applying. She told me that if I could wait a few minutes that her manager would be out from the back and I could talk to her. So I waited and was approached by one of the nicest managers I ever met, no lie. She immediately took interest in me and asked my name, a little about my background, and a few things about my resume. She then offered me an interview on the spot...I agreed to come in the next day for an interview. Interview went smoothly, and she said she would let me know her decision within the next two days. I could immediately tell that the culture of the company was a close knit one who catered to the fashion needs of expecting moms. They were all about making this journey in a women's life as comfortable as possible.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions, but I was caught off guard when she asked me to set up a dressing room for her while she pretended to be a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, I accepted offer as is.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Destination Maternity in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Had three interviews. All ladies were very nice and very professional. Gave both the pros and cons of the company. I kept hearing I was over qualified for the position and they worried I would leave once I found something better. It was a lot less money then I was use to. I never heard back from them. There was no thank you for applying etc...

Web Graphics Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Destination Maternity (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied through the online application portal, and emailed my resume to a representative in HR. Was called in for an interview the following week - interviewed with a Design manager. Was called with job acceptance 5 weeks later, then started the following month after taking a required drug test.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any typical interview questions. Portfolio presentation followed by a general discussion of the job and casual chatting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for the internship program.

/Freelance Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Destination Maternity (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

Initially difficult to schedule an interview but once a definite time was set the entire process went very quickly and smoothly. I received a phone call within a week and was offered a position. It was a very normal interview process. I met with four people and the entire in-person interview process lasted a few hours. Overall a good experience. Some of the higher-ups I met with were a little intimidating.

Assistant Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Destination Maternity (Traverse City, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

The Manager who interviewed me was dressed very sloppy and reminded me of a 'ragamuffin.' They were unprepared for the interview, having forgotten that they scheduled it. She had no idea how to discuss salary with me and offered me far below my calculated salary worth, overlooking my ten years of experience as a Store Manager. She was nice and simple to get along with, I liked her. The interview felt unprofessional and just so wrong. Manager told me that she did not care for Motherhood Maternity job ads, did not support them and she was not well informed on the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• She asked me to pretend that she was a shopper with a friend, how would I greet them and sell clothing. The question felt wrong as it more was about acting then actually selling retail. I sensed that she herself, does not have the first idea how to actually sell retail and meet customer satisfaction.   1 Answer

I have over ten years experience as a Store Manager and am excellent with Supervising, Training,Customer Service, Retail Sales and Marketing. My calculated salary for experience and region should be about $31,000.00 a year however this position was part time. They offered me $9.50. The store was dirty, magazines spread out on the floor, extra clothing racks just sitting out in the middle of the floor unorganized, the Manager was dressed like a 'ragamuffin' and the store just seemed to be screaming 'Help! There's no customers coming in here anymore, because of the terrible laziness and lack of unique vision.'

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Destination Maternity.

Interview

Applied for the position via Craig's List, and was called in to interview with the Store Manager within a few days. A standard face to face interview took place (background, expectations, what do you know about the company?, why do you want to work here?). Background and reference check followed.

Interview Questions

• Pretend I am a client. Sell me this wall lamp and two add-ons.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did ask for and received an increase of .50 cents.