Destination XL Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2014

1.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Destination XL

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Destination XL.

The hiring process consisted of an online application and personality test. Two weeks later I received a call and an interview was set up. In the interview I was ask questions that were center on sales and the types of sales I've had in my past, it was and overall general interview.

Key Holder Interview

Very personable, made you feel at ease. A very good type of interview process. Explained what the job entails. Asked about your work experience and how you see yourself at this company. Overall the process was great.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Destination XL.

Really fast in terms of Apply to phone interview. Was notified within a week, scheduled a phone call and was briefly given a description of the job. There really wasn't much asked of me other than what was on my Resume. Overall I liked the interview, I was even given a brief description of what I would be doing.

The position offered wasn't exactly what I was hoping for.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Destination XL.

Applied online, next contacted by recruiter, phone interview first , next face to face.

ASM Clothing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Destination XL.

I had 7 interviews, one with the VP of stores, 3 with DM's 3 with store managers..Drove to Cleveland to meet with the VP, and SM. Drove to Pittsburgh to meet with the new SM. What a waist of time! and to have endless conversations with the DMS of stores! Get your business together!!!

What a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westport, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Destination XL in July 2012.

I first met with the store manager and conducted a typical interview - about the job, company, it's culture, my skills etc. Was called back a week or so later to meet with district manager. More of the same questions, second interview was a lot more intensive with a distinct customer focus.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing terribly unexpected or unusual, be prepared when meeting with DM to highlight specific sales goals hit or significant progress made toward a certain goal. Vagueries weren't appreciated and was asked for key accomplishments.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't one - a base pay was offered which I attempted to counter, but was rebuffed. Was out of work at the time, not the place to be particularly 'choosy' - the commission percentage was position-standard and was altered a couple months later.

Worked for Destination XL? Contribute to the Community!