Detroit Business Consulting

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

1.8

Executive Entre Level Position Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting.

Initial LinkedIn application, then inMail from me to the Hiring Manager mentioned on the LinkedIn job posting, response back stating that I had a great background. Later this seemed irrelevant because my background was unnecessary for the position.
    I got a callback for an interview... I declined mid-way seeing as the position was an ill-fit for my professional background and career aspirations.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult about, except if you dislike door-to-door sales...   View Answer

Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Detroit Business Consulting.

I emailed my resume in and received a call the next day, I set up my first interview. The first interview was with one of the managers and pretty basic, general "get to know you" questions. Very little was said about the job itself. I got asked to come back for a second interview and made that appointment for later in the week. It was with an Account Manager at Panera (?!?), which I have never had an interview at Panera before. This interview the account manager described what I'd be doing and drew a diagram of what each position in the company looks like. Afterwards I got asked to stay for the 3rd interview which only lasted about 5 minutes and asked how I felt about everything. I was honest and said that I was a little unsure because the income didn't seem very reliable or steady (mostly all commission). Later that I night I received a call with the position being offered to me and when I turned it down due to the same reason I stated during the third interview, the manager that called me was so distraught that he hung up on me. Needless to say, I don't think it would have been a good fit.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Detroit Business Consulting.

After applying online I was called the next day to set up an interview. Getting an interview seemed pretty easy. I showed up and met with their HR rep who explained the job position to me with such vagueness that I really wasn't sure what my job expectations were going to be. She told me that if i got a second interview they would go more in depth on the job and the salary so when I asked her questions she seemed to avoid answering them. I just thought that she didn't want to go over pay and vacation time if I wasn't going to be working for the company. I was called later that day to be told that I had gotten a second interview. When I showed up for my second interview they actually had their manager take me down the street to the Panera Bread. I thought this was a waste of time, why not just have me meet there instead of going to the business first? The manager wrote down a chart of more vagueness on moving up the ladder and expected salary; which, to be honest, was hardly anything, I could make more money working in a retail shop at the mall and probably with less stress. I still wasn't sure what my job position was going to be. I actually forgot what position I was interviewing for because what I finally gathered through the haziness was that this was a DOOR-TO-DOOR sales position. Call it what you want, but marketing to businesses and trying to get them to buy a product sounds like a sales position to me. All-in-all I would turn around and not bother with this business especially if you have had marketing experience. This job is aimed at a recent college grad who doesn't know much about marketing and what that entails. Yeah, you might make a little more money than you did at your kiosk in the mall but if you have a degree there is no way that this job is for you.

Interview Questions
    • What hobbies do you have outside of work? Mainly because I felt like this was something that was really pushed on me, like that was the only thing they were interested in.   Answer Question

The job description was so vague that by the time you figured out what you would be doing it was door-to-door sales and that is not what I wanted.

Account Representative Interview

The first interview was very laid back, we basically talked about sports and music for fifteen minutes. After that interview I received a callback for the second interview and I go to that one on Monday so hopefully it goes well

I am not certain yet

Nonprofit Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Detroit Business Consulting.

I was immediately contacted after applying. The interview was very informal. The guy interviewing me seemed completely uninterested in the questions he asked. The questions were "get to know you" sorts of things. They asked what I liked to do in my spare time and kept prodding me on that. It was very unprofessional and irrelevant for the position.

Interview Questions

They would not tell me compensation details until I flew out there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Detroit Business Consulting in September 2014.

I was contacted within a few hours after applying to the position through Craigslist. Upon arriving to the interview, you could see several people entering and several exiting the office. It was clear that it was a revolving door of interviews taking place. I was asked somewhat informal/generic questions mostly about my personality. I know these may be important questions but these can't be the only questions that are relevant (this isn't a babysitting job or something). I felt that the interviewer was uncomfortable and more nervous than myself. After the interview they told me they would contact me that same day between 1pm and 1:30pm (my interview was at 9) and tell me if I made it to the next round. I was invited back for a second round but declined.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult about the interview. It was more uncomfortable and seemed amateur.   Answer Question

I declined because this is a door-to-door sales position and not something I thought I was applying for from the start. I thought this position was more of an office environment working on marketing campaigns and strategies (at least that's what the job description seemed on the posting)

Entry Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I was contacted right away after sending my resume. The atmosphere was very polite and my interviewer was friendly and made me feel comfortable. The exact duties of the position I was interviewing for was, however, vague.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was when they asked why I was leaving my previous line of work to pursue a career in business.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Detroit Business Consulting in August 2014.

I went on 3 interviews. The first interview they asked me what I liked to do for fun, where I went to college and why I wanted to work there. During the second interview I received a more in-depth explanation of the company. I was told that although the job post described the open position as an account manager, everyone starts as an account representative with the promise you will be moved to account manager within a few months. The third interview was conducted immediately following the second with the owner of the company. After the lengthy second interview it became more apparent DBC is running a Multi-level marketing scam. Do not waste your time with them.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. Part of the allure of the company is that they strategically make the interview process fun and easy to attract people to their "young hip business culture" and to distract from the reality that the job is door to door sales.   Answer Question

After the third interview I researched the company more on review websites such as this one and decided the business is shady and the job is not worth it.

Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Detroit Business Consulting in July 2014.

The interview process was pretty general, not too bad. The people that usually interview you are pretty nice. For the first round, a manager usually interviews you, and if you get called back for a second round, one of their account managers will interview you. The second round is quite long, but it goes by fast. Nothing too difficult. Then when you finish the second round, they almost always do a third round with another manager right after you finish the second round. The third round is probably the most brief out of all three rounds.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Detroit Business Consulting.

Was called to come in for an interview. When i got there there were 10 other people waiting to go on the same interview. I was called back that same day and asked to go in for a second interview. I was told to wear comfortable shoes for training. I figured i may have to stand while watching someone work on a computer or something but it was because i had to go door to door all day with one of their employees. It was horrible. The person who took me door to door was also very short and misleading about how i would be payed. Also i don't see why the dress code was business professional when you are walking from 11 am to 8pm in the rain. After the day of going door to door i was called in the office of a manager and basically given the job instantly, just like everyone is. I accepted but never went in to take the job after thinking about it over the weekend. So glad i didn't. All the real reviews about this place are consistent while the positive reviews are hilariously fake. Please listen to the negative reviews on here if you are seriously considering taking this job or going for an interview. A friend of mine was called to come in for an interview here and as soon as she told me the name of the company i told her not to go. She was so glad to have been given a heads up.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions are difficult because they will hire any idiot. They don't care about how smart you are or your qualifications. She told me she was impressed by me having worked at Caribou coffee which i thought was hilarious...I mean really..   Answer Question

I didn't want to go door to door from 11am to 8pm every day and night among many other reasons.