Detroit Business Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI).

Interview

They called me a couple hours after I had applied online. The 1st round interview was with an upper management person they asked more personal than professional questions. They then brought me for a 2nd round interview which was held at Panera where they explained how quickly you can move up in positions. I immediately had a 3rd round interview after which involved me filling out a sheet of generic questions. For the 3rd round the mostly answered my questions.

Interview Questions

This position is 100% commission based on door to door sales. You have to provide and pay for transportation without reimbursement. If you want to dog yourself tired to work their system go for it but it takes a lot of work and time to make the money they advertise

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Detroit Business Consulting in June 2015.

Interview

Short 2 step process. If they like you after the second interview (which is a hour by hour of what your day will be like) five mins later you'll have a 3 encounter and they will just ask you for your start date

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Detroit Business Consulting.

Interview

The interview process was much different than what I'd experienced before. The first round interview consisted getting to know me, and asked questions about myself and goals I have for the future. The second round interview consisted of leaving the office to grab a coffee with an account manager and having them break down in detail the positions, time line, pay, and benefits. This painted a clear picture and allowed me to better grasp my role in the company. This also gave me the opportunity to ask any questions in more detail and the account manager was very friendly and informative. The third round interview was followed up shortly after the second round and allowed me to sit down with one of the assistant managers and discuss the second round interview as well as discuss my timeline to success.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to be successful?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screening interview, followed by an in-person interview. Did not really discuss the position too much, mainly was asked questions about myself and my educational background. Position was mainly just going to be door-to-door or business-to-business sales, so I declined. Did not get much of an opportunity to ask any questions about the position itself or the responsibilities associated with it. Interviewer wanted to schedule a same-day second interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company? Have you checked out our website?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

Interview

It was fairly easy and expeditious. They were very eager to bring in a new crew of people due to there recent contract with Comcast. However, they do not inform you that you NEED a vehicle to be successful as you will be driving from one territory to another. Ask questions! What they dish out isn't factual as far as the job description, it is a door to door SALES position. You are commission based, don't just take their word, get educated on exactly what it is that you will be doing!

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you like to do in your spare time, what are your hobbies?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI).

Interview

Everyone was upbeat and friendly. I only went to the first round and they asked simple questions. It took about 15 minutes total. I got offered a second interview but decided not to take it.

Application

Interview

Interview was pretty easy. Mostly just them talking about the job and how easy it is to move up in the company. They honestly didn't ask me too many questions. Then they brought me in for a second interview and we went to Panera. Not really sure what the point of that was. Again, the interviewer just talked about how fast you can advance in the company.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Detroit Business Consulting in March 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call 8 hours after I applied to set up an interview for the next morning. Although I'm graduating in the spring, and I go to school out of state, I have family in Michigan. I wouldn't be returning to Michigan, however, before I graduate. I thought that would be an issue, but the HR woman I spoke with was not phased in the least, and we set up a phone interview. The job description is intentionally vague, however. It explicitly states "**This is NOT a Telemarketing or Door to Door Position**" in italics in the middle of the description, but don't let that fool you. I'm glad I did my research on this company, because I needed to know what questions to ask in order to confirm my suspicions. The initial interview was meant to get to know me and my personality, so there weren't any difficult questions. The interviewer specifically told me that the next round would be where he would tell me about compensation and more day-to-day responsibilities. The job title is "Account Manager," but the interviewer presented the job to me as a form of "direct marketing" where I would be "working/meeting with existing Comcast customers" and "presenting them with a new fiberoptics package" or something of the sort and ultimately trying to get a sale from them. He then told me that the goal is to eventually get me to transition into a manager position where I would be dealing with more than one account/company. I asked him if it was in fact mostly commission based and he confirmed that it was. Don't get me wrong, this company does seem like a fun place to work, and they value giving back to the community and doing team events outside of the office. I just wish the sales aspect was more obvious in the job description, because that is not something I have an interest in doing. I expressed this to the interviewer, and he said that if I ever have a change of heart, I should keep them in mind.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your university? What are you studying at your university? What do you do for fun outside of the office? Have you gotten a chance to look at our website, and what are your initial thoughts on it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Detroit, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

It was very brief. The woman I spoke to was young and really nice. She seemed like a cool person to work with, and the company culture seemed nice. However, they seemed a bit to eager that I would be applying for the job.

Interview Questions

• What are some disadvantages/challenges you've face and how did you over come them?   Answer Question

Non-profit and Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

20 min pre-screen interview. For the second round interview they took me to a restaurant across the street and explained the job. She went over how fast one could advance in the company, yet was not very far herself considering her time there. Third round interview was pretty much the manager asking when i could start.

Interview Questions

• Not many. how would you rank importance of compensation, environment, and growth.   1 Answer