Detroit Diesel Engineer Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Detroit Diesel in April 2012.

Better than most companies I interviewed with. I had a panel interview with multiple engineers, managers, and directors. The positive aspect of this was that I didn't receive a single fluff type of question. The negative aspect of it was that every single line and statement in my resume was dissected. If you are interviewing with this company, make sure that your resume is extremely polished. Also, be sure that you can explain every single line on your resume in very good detail. Leave out any garbage like high school awards (unless you're applying for an internship). They don't care. They want to know how exactly your past experiences can help you excel at your potential position in the company. Another positive aspect of interviewing at the company is that everyone on the panel is an extremely good listener (much better than other companies I interviewed at). That being said, they're not going to hold back on calling you out on something if it sounds fishy. Also, the panel interview can be quite intimidating, so my advice is to try and practice this with a few other people if you can. I say that because there were a couple of times where I felt like I chocked mid speech (and I am generally a really good interviewee).

Overall, you'll probably walk out of there feeling like you were just in a theater or war, but remain calm cause what comes out of it may surprise you.

I really appreciated the fact that the manager I interviewed with was extremely honest with me (more than others I interviewed with), but I don't know whether or not that will vary on an individual basis.

I can't wait to hear my decision.

Interview Questions
I got an offer that was more than 10 % greater than what I asked for in the interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Detroit Diesel

Engineering Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Detroit Diesel in May 2007.

Phone interview to start, and then personal interview followed by a plant tour. The people who gave the interview are real nice. Advice I would give to someone who is interviewing with this company would be to be honest and to be confident.

Interview Questions

Worked for Detroit Diesel? Contribute to the Community!