Detroit Media Partnership

www.detroitmedia.com

Detroit Media Partnership Interview Questions

2.4

Production Graphics Operator Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Detroit Media Partnership.

There was immediate need for computer literate designers to fill a void specifically for a department. It all came down to customized skillsets and the willingness to update software knowledge to fulfill the needs of a new division. As a member of a local computer user group this was a beautiful fit, with access to all the latest developments in the industry being met.

Interview Questions
    • How do you define the role of technology in your job?   View Answer

Interviewed, Asked to Wait, Position Then Disolved Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Detroit Media Partnership.

Phone interview, long basic interview in person. I walked away from the interview with an understanding that they had internal conflicts in the company regarding company goals (department to department). The position I interviewed for seemed like the responsibilities would change in the short term due to this. HR showed interest when they followed up with me. I was contacted eventually again that, things changed, they were not hiring anyone for the position.

Human Resources Coordinator (Temp) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Detroit Media Partnership in March 2013.

I didn't apply to this position, but I was contacted by the Senior HR Business Partner with an initial phone screen. The phone screen consisted of questions about previous and current work experiences, educational background, and why I would be interested in this position. After the phone screen I was invited to come in for an inperson interview. It was a group interview with two members of the hr department. During the interview they explained more about the company, and what the job position entails. It was a behavioral based interview. They first went over my resume. AND the questions that were asked were all behavior based... "tell me about a time you had a conflict at work.. what did you do? and how was it resolved" it was approximately about 4 or 5 other behavioral questions. However, a couple questions were asked were performance based would I have a problem with repetitive work? or filing? etc... After the interview, I was contacted to provide professional references. After the references where checked I was offered the position. The position was through a temp agency though. The interview process was great, I met with the HR Director as well, she asked me a few questions as well. She asked would I be able to schedule meetings, or flights, if her schedule was too busy and she didnt have time.. it was other questions also..

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected or difficult... Always come prepared.   Answer Question

Senior Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Detroit Media Partnership in October 2012.

The interview was over the phone, and it was a great experience. In a certain point in time I was required to speak with one of the developers, and the developer was so nervous that i was required to conduct the conversation. Finally, everything turned ok and today we are good friends.

Interview Questions
    • None. Interview was smooth. The funny part was the "written PHP test"... Very unexpected (however, I got max score)   View Answer
    OK

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Detroit Media Partnership in June 2012.

Was first contacted and briefly interviewed by HR before a personal interview was set up with the department manager. The interview went well and I was informed that they would be making a decision within a few weeks, but I was never contacted regarding that decision and my follow-up requests for information were completely ignored. I never heard back from either HR nor the manager.